Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Your own web server for free !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CD-Wow are crap

Old 10-11-2006, 16:21   #1
Central

Services: Sky + HD family pack 50mb XXL Phone M Sutton Coldfield TX
Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society
CD-Wow are crap

Pre reserved a game back in September and paid for it to. The game comes out today so checked my status window and still showing as not shipped.

So i ring up only to be told oh sorry we have no more in stock and there is not date yet for a further delivery. I paid for this nearly 2 months agin and then could not even be bothered to update the status windows or email customers.

Absolutely pathetic.

I canceled and will get it elsewhere I think.
Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2006, 16:31   #2
zing_deleted

Re: CD-Wow are crap

Nightmare ive not reserved anything just ordered when they have it and have good reports.Dont think ill risk preordering from them though
Old 10-11-2006, 16:38   #3
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light

www.play.com
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 16:44   #4
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

I'd agree with stock communication being a big weaknes of CD Wow. I used to order a lot from them, although with high street pricing now much less, I do so less.

I have always found CD Wow to offer a decent range, very quickly and efficiently dispatched and very good prices - and most importantly with excellent customer service.

But when something ran out of stock, their order process system lets them down (which of course lets customers down). There is no function that tells people whether an item is in stock or not before ordering...instead allowing for a follow-up automated email upto a few days after ordering and paying for the item to make you aware that the item is out of stock.

Personally, I feel that other systems that tell you whether an item is actually available for delivery (such as Amazon) allows the customer to make an informed decision as to whether to order or not.

The plus side is that this is a pretty rare occourance by CD Wow, and they continue to be a good supplier to me, but I'm always aware of this limitation.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 16:58   #5
Central

Services: Sky + HD family pack 50mb XXL Phone M Sutton Coldfield TX
Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society

I got it from Gamestation in the end for £29.99. Only £2 more then CD-Wow
Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 16:58   #6
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Never had a problem with them but then again the stuff I have ordered has always been in stock
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 17:15   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I never pre order with CD-Wow as their payment system means that they take the payment straight away.

They are pretty cheap though. For ordering I usually go to play.com.
Old 10-11-2006, 18:09   #8
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

if I pre-order its from Play but if I want something and can wait for it I'll go to cd-wow. the only issue I got with them is that you always get US products (ie games) instead of EU boxes.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 18:45   #9
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

I pre-ordered X-Men 3 on DVD, at the end of September. A week after the release, it was still showing as pre-ordered. Then I get an email from them saying that there is a problem and they will try to send it by a certain date.

I did not hear anything from them again, until I cancelled the order 2 more weeks later.

I was wondering why there was no option to cancel the order yourself, like on Amazon or Play, until I realised that they had already taken the payment.

Though, in fairness, they did cancel and refund the money straight away with no hassle.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 21:28   #10
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I pre-order DVDs and games from www.sendit.com (formerly Blackstar.co.uk).

Great prices, and excellent customer service. Never had a problem with them.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 08:36   #11
Tech_Boy
Inactive

Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Tech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpack

The last time I preordered anything was a DVD with www.play.com , (Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back).
It arrived the day before the official release date .
So I have now preordered Clerks 2
I hope that comes early too.
Tech_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 09:31   #12
bob_a_builder
Inactive

bob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to behold

I thought online/telephone ordering operations could only take payment when items ship/ready to ship NOT before !
bob_a_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 13:07   #13
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_a_builder View Post
I thought online/telephone ordering operations could only take payment when items ship/ready to ship NOT before !
CD wow use the world pay system that takes the payment straight away.
Old 23-11-2006, 13:55   #14
Tech_Boy
Inactive

Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Tech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpack

Update on Clerks 2.
Official US release date 28/11/06
My copy arrived yesterday.
play.com/playusa.com great sites
Tech_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 23:51   #15
Cyrill666
Inactive

Cyrill666 is on a distinguished roadCyrill666 is on a distinguished road

I pre-ordered Cars a while ago from CD-WOW and it came within a week of placing the order - and a good 3 weeks before it's official release in the UK - which my kids loved of course!

I've ordered from the for a few years now, no problems to report.
Cyrill666 is offline   Reply With Quote