Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All F1 2005 Discussions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

All F1 2005 Discussions

Old 24-04-2005, 21:59   #46
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: Formula One Motor Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy
no need to bow so low pauly the prancing hourse is still prancing about was only a matter of time before it was shod correctly

dont get me wrong i aint no ferrari fan , it just made a change to see such a close finish to a race , and yes the coverage was *****e , i could not believe it when they went to adverts so close to the finish
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2005, 22:41   #47
Graham

Re: Formula One Motor Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
i could not believe it when they went to adverts so close to the finish
The problem is that ITV are contracturally obliged to their advertisers to put in a certain number of ad breaks into the race and the show.

Because there was a lot of good racing instead of just a procession, they kept putting off the breaks until suddenly they must have realised that they were right up against the limit since the race was only a few minutes from the end.

It's still ridiculous and I wish the Beeb hadn't lost the coverage, but when it comes down to it, money talks
Old 24-04-2005, 23:27   #48
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
Re: [Merged] All F1 Discussions

Nice to see a relatively good grand prix then for change although I am not too sure what them half wits at ITV were playing at FFS a commercial break with 2 laps to go

Altho Im guessing as Graham said above advertising contraints etc.

Hacked me off with everyone big upping the 2005 Ferrari being the best car ever.

What utter crap more like Alonsos Renault was on its second race with the same engine and he was protecting it.

I doubt Renault will get the same credit in the next race on a new engine when Schumy is nursing the Ferrari around, oh no I forgot that wont happen as they retire with technical faults when it looks like they are not going to get in the points.

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 02:12   #49
Jonboy
Inactive

Services: XL Package With Souper Dooper Pooper Hub(sometimes)
Jonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to Jonboy

i hope you have all sent a snotty email to f1 about this boo boo i have bet they dont even say sorry or even come out with a feeble excuse
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 10:10   #50
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

the coverager by ITV was rubbish from start to finish. ITV have 3 channels now and when Q2 the bit that decides the grid now was taking place they were showing, Div 1 football, American Idol and some repeat on ITV 3 so why couldn't i watch it live.. esp has Mark and Martin would have been doing the comentarry for Canada, South Africa and I think Oz as well..

When they did show that i only got to see 4 cars and that was from their lap having already started and them being in the final sector so I couldn't see how well they had donw or what the gri order was at the time..

The ad as the end was just the final straw although really they should have been prevented from doing that in the TV contract.. It already states they have to show the world feed from 10 mons before the race up to the so many mins past so why not a clause about no ads in the first 5 or final 5 laps...

as to the race in colder conditions this helped the tyres that Shuey had so he got to second.. once again though what could have been a great race was spoilt by still have refueling.. Schuey was down in 13th knowing he had a far superiour car underneath him.. rather than risk overtaking on the track and something happening he waited for the other cars to stop and then put the hammer down.. if we didn't have any stops then he would have ben forced to use the performance of the car and overtake on the track
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:36   #51
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: All F1 2005 Discussions

Not looking good for Button/BAR

article
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:34   #52
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

bernie is pushing to have them excluded and it looks like that might happen at the moment.. this reminds me abit of the Benetton case in 94 where they had the software on their car for launch control but it wasn't proved that it was used.. which is the same as BAR here they had the potential to run the car underweight but it can't be proved they did.

Back in 84 Tyrell were found to be running their car underwight through the season and they had their results removed up to that point and were then kicked out the championship
Old 05-05-2005, 14:11   #53
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

BAR banned for 2 races !!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 15:07   #54
sherer
Inactive

that seems about right.. it wasn't proved that they were cheating but then again they did break the rules
Old 05-05-2005, 15:14   #55
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
From reading the reports, it sounds like they were quite lucky it is 'only' two races. At least Button will be racing at Silverstone...
Old 05-05-2005, 15:59   #56
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

it still seems a bit harsh to me though , doing it this way has robbed to potential podium place cars from the grid , ho hum i suppose thats the way it goes
Old 05-05-2005, 16:10   #57
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

I think the big problem was that they just _assumed_ that it was legal and didn't bother to check.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 23:27   #58
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Great race if you like to see Ferrari suffer!

For the last few years, Ferrari could do no wrong and Michael had all the luck!

This year, their luck seems to have run out, mind you, to make it interesting, they need to regain some of their form, before Alonso waltzes of into the distance.

The Renault is good, the Mclaren is good, the Toyata's seem to have really made it this season as well.

If Ferrari manage to get pace, reliability, and shake off the sheer bad luck that's now dogging them, they will also be up there - though that leaves the rest of the teams scrabbling for scraps.

Not much passing or close racing though
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 23:59   #59
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth
Great race if you like to see Ferrari suffer!

For the last few years, Ferrari could do no wrong and Michael had all the luck!

This year, their luck seems to have run out, mind you, to make it interesting, they need to regain some of their form, before Alonso waltzes of into the distance.

The Renault is good, the Mclaren is good, the Toyata's seem to have really made it this season as well.

If Ferrari manage to get pace, reliability, and shake off the sheer bad luck that's now dogging them, they will also be up there - though that leaves the rest of the teams scrabbling for scraps.

Not much passing or close racing though
todays race was about tyres, as much as anything, the hot track conditions favoured the michelins, well done Kimi, Montoya has some catching up, to do
Old 14-05-2005, 11:26   #60
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

now if i was to be cynical , this and what happened to BAR is close to helping ferrari out after their bad start to the season , i wonder if something will happen to Renault next