Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 28-10-2018, 21:14   #5146
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Really enjoyed it, a balanced mix of humour and emotion, with cracking music.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2018, 14:38   #5147
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Just bought all 3 on Blue ray.

10/10
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 11:51   #5148
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

The Happytime Murders.

7.5/10 Actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 19:30   #5149
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Spider-Man:into the Spiderverse - 8/10.

Really enjoyable film, a couple of laugh out loud lines - would strongly recommend it.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 19:44   #5150
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Aquaman: 7.5/10

I wasn't expecting much and thought Wonder Woman was just a blip but it was actually very good. They followed the same formula as Wonder Woman which isn't a bad thing and did the coming of age thing showing you him as a boy growing up and as we progressed through the film they expanded on the Atlantean culture and society and it all adds depth to the story and characters and make it more believable. The cgi was very good but the lighting/brightness/shininess underwater was going to bug me and hit my realism radar but they explained it away with their eye sight and vision and how they adapt to the underwater environment and I was okay with that.
Jason Momoa made the character in terms of the attitude and definitely the fight scenes. It was refreshing to have normal foes for once and not generic CGI bad guys. All round it is a good film and I would definitely go to see Aquaman 2.

The only niggle I have and this is a first, is the soundtrack. I think throughout the entire film you literally had 20 seconds when there was just silence and no music playing in one form or another. It was constant from start to finish and flipped between normal orchestral and something which sounded like they had ripped it straight out of Thor Ragnarok.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 21:45   #5151
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Spider-Man:into the Spiderverse - 8/10.

Really enjoyable film, a couple of laugh out loud lines - would strongly recommend it.
I saw this yesterday. Best comic book movie of the year IMO. Preferred it to Infinity War. 9/10.

Shoplifters - 8/10
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 08:57   #5152
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Philomena 10/10 Heartbreaking story of a baby that was sold against the mother's wishes to rich Americans, and the mother's efforts to trace her son. Oscar deserving performance by Judi Dench'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux14UBZR2y0
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:32   #5153
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well it looks like this film won't be happening this year at least.

https://www.worldofreel.com/2019/01/...paramount.html

Quote:
Director S.J. Clarkson's "Star Trek 4" has been shelved, at least that's what Deadline is reporting in their annual assessment of upcoming Paramount projects for 2019.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:05   #5154
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I knew that would happen. When there is a falling out over cast and pay it doesn't always end well.

That happened months ago. Just rebóot the movies again lol. Start over.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:49   #5155
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I knew that would happen. When there is a falling out over cast and pay it doesn't always end well.

That happened months ago. Just rebóot the movies again lol. Start over.
Yes there were strong rumours this would happen sadly.

Oops just realised l posted this in the wrong thread.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:55   #5156
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Just rebóot the movies again lol. Start over.
fantastic idea and this gives them an excuse to do it. I would love to see them move back to classic trek as we know it. If I won the euro millions last week I would go halves with them on production cost as an incentive for them to do it and mitigate any potential losses.
Old 12-01-2019, 19:18   #5157
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Stan and Ollie - 8/10. Fun film, interesting with some depth. Relatively short which is a welcome break from the 2 hour+ epics film makers seem to think we should all watch.
Old 26-01-2019, 19:18   #5158
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Vice - 6/10. Meh, a bit all over the place IMO. It just seems to drag at parts later on and you're wondering where it's going or why. Bale is v good though.
Old 26-01-2019, 20:09   #5159
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am going to start watching the Oscar films this week and I think I'll watch Vice first because I love Christian Bale.

Whatever you do don't watch Mortal Engines, it is the worst film I have seen in years and best example I can think of for comparison is Snowpiercer if you have seen it.
Old 26-01-2019, 22:23   #5160
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Stan and Ollie 10/10. Good in every way.
( Mind you, I haven't been to the pictures since 'Jurrassic Park', so I'm probably easily impressed !)

Last edited by Mr K; 26-01-2019 at 22:27.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote