Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM General News Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Wireless printer

Old 29-01-2024, 13:04   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question Wireless printer

I am looing for basic printer, but they all seem to bw wireless.
I have a Hub 3 .
I that one ok for a wireless printer ?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2024, 13:33   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: wireless printer

Most still have a USB connection.

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/ca...-10206592.html
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2024, 13:37   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I am looing for basic printer, but they all seem to bw wireless.
I have a Hub 3 .
I that one ok for a wireless printer ?
Yes you can connect I WiFi printer to the Hub3.
Old 29-01-2024, 13:59   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

I prefer network to wireless less hassles but as said if you want to connect just to one PC USB is the way to go and 99% of printers still ship with USB
Old 31-01-2024, 16:09   #5
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes you can connect I WiFi printer to the Hub3.
My new printer is wieless only, how do I set up with my Hub 3
Old 31-01-2024, 16:11   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Read the manual
Old 31-01-2024, 16:47   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
What make/model is the printer?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 04:30   #8
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Read the manual
Like all manuals they useless

---------- Post added at 03:30 ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
What make/model is the printer?
HP Deskjet
Old 01-02-2024, 06:23   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Wireless printer

HP Deskjet what ?

There are many many model numbers.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 08:54   #10
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
HP Deskjet what ?

There are many many model numbers.
2800e series

It is to replcae my old printer which was hard wired and gve me over 15 year of good dervice until it packed.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:16   #11
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Like all manuals they useless

---------- Post added at 03:30 ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 ----------

HP Deskjet
you got a better chance with the manual than asking on a forum after giving no information

The specs say it has USB2

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product...ies/2101233229

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

easy set up guide here

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/printer...ies/2101233229
Old 01-02-2024, 10:40   #12
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Specific page

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/documen...111-1786193-16

Quote:
Set up a USB printer connection (Windows)

Download the HP Smart app for Windows, and then follow the instructions to set up a USB connection.

Learn how to set up an HP Printer using a USB connection in windows 10 or 11.

If you already connected the printer USB cable to your computer, disconnect it, and then remove the printer from your computer.

Search for and open Printers & scanners, and then select the name of your printer from the list.

Click Remove device, click Yes, and then restart the computer.

Make sure an open USB port is available on your computer. Do not connect the printer to a USB hub or docking station.

Go to HP Smart - Microsoft Store (in English), and then install and open the HP Smart app.

If the setup does not begin automatically, click the Add icon to add your printer.

Follow the prompts to complete the printer setup.
However, on the product section page, it states

They want you to download the app to set it up wirelessly, then connect with USB (not very user-friendly) - conflicting info on the two pages
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4294.jpeg (35.5 KB, 73 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 12:02   #13
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Specific page

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/documen...111-1786193-16

However, on the product section page, it states

They want you to download the app to set it up wirelessly, then connect with USB (not very user-friendly) - conflicting info on the two pages
I will have a go, the manual is not very friendly
Old 01-02-2024, 19:51   #14
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Good luck , sorry to tell you this, have a hp printer and it is wireless, everything
downloaded as per on line manual. Icon on screen, opens all tools etc , and nothing happens . Works well if I use Windows print set up but try to scan or do anything via its icon its a no no. Really need to hard wire if you can
Old 01-02-2024, 23:20   #15
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Ignore the wireless app. Power up PC, connect usb lead from printer to PC, power up printer and sit back while software and drivers installed.

As Seph would say, simples.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote