Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Liz Truss Resigns [Who'll be the next Prime Minister?]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Liz Truss Resigns [Who'll be the next Prime Minister?]
Closed Thread

Old 15-10-2022, 00:45   #1081
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Liz Truss [Prime Minister]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And there was me (and almost every one else) thinking it was because he lost the confidence of Tory MPs because he lied about knowing, then defended, then tried to change the rules, for someone who was a repeat sexual predator…

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/boris-joh...r-allegations/
Well done for knowing what everyone else thinks. Quite a gift.
Old 15-10-2022, 01:11   #1082
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well done for knowing what everyone else thinks. Quite a gift.
almost every one else…

So, are you saying he didn’t lie about knowing, then defending, then trying to change the rules, for someone who was a repeat sexual predator, and was then kicked out by his own party’s MPs, or are you just trying to derail the conversation with ad hominem attacks?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 15-10-2022 at 01:15.
Old 15-10-2022, 09:25   #1083
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
almost every one else…

So, are you saying he didn’t lie about knowing, then defending, then trying to change the rules, for someone who was a repeat sexual predator, and was then kicked out by his own party’s MPs, or are you just trying to derail the conversation with ad hominem attacks?
I know that he was thought a liability by the party to whom he had won a massive majority, and was certainly hated by the Remain element of the Tories, but they’ve got their man in position now.

I made no ad hominem attack, I was just praising your self proclaimed mind reading prowess.
Old 15-10-2022, 09:40   #1084
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I love Miriam Margolyes
https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/15/fk-yo...adio-17569920/
Quote:
On Saturday morning’s BBC Radio 4, Harry Potter star Margolyes appeared on the show, where she aired her views on Hunt as her interview came to a close.

The actress confessed to hosts Justin Webb and Martha Kearney that she never thought she’d be ‘sitting in the seat’ where Hunt had been sitting.

The thing is, when I saw him there, I just said, “You’ve got a hell of a job, the best of luck.” Of course what I wanted to say was, “F**k you, you b*****d!” But you can’t say that,’ she then added.

The co-hosts scrambled to stop Margolyes from saying anything further that could cause ripples on the radio pre-watershed, as Webb laughed while stating: ‘Oh no no no you mustn’t say that. We’ll have to have you out of the studio now.’
Old 15-10-2022, 09:47   #1085
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

The title of this thread should give you all a clue that it's about the current PM not previous PMs.
Old 15-10-2022, 10:04   #1086
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I know that he was thought a liability by the party to whom he had won a massive majority, and was certainly hated by the Remain element of the Tories, but they’ve got their man in position now.

I made no ad hominem attack, I was just praising your self proclaimed mind reading prowess.
If it’s any consolation Pierre, I don’t expect he will be in the job very long.
Old 15-10-2022, 10:08   #1087
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Watched Jeremy Hunt this morning on Sky news and lost count how many times he said difficult decisions, so I expect a complete change to the promise of no reduction in spending the Liz made a couple of days ago.
Old 15-10-2022, 10:16   #1088
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Watched Jeremy Hunt this morning on Sky news and lost count how many times he said difficult decisions, so I expect a complete change to the promise of no reduction in spending the Liz made a couple of days ago.
I expect the income tax cut to be 'postponed'.
Old 15-10-2022, 10:16   #1089
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If it’s any consolation Pierre, I don’t expect he will be in the job very long.
I don’t think anyone will be. The only way out for the country is a General Election.

I hate the proposition but the government have proven themselves unfit to govern.
Old 15-10-2022, 10:21   #1090
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Quote:
Radio 4 was better. But only for the contribution from Miriam Margolyes.
Old 15-10-2022, 10:33   #1091
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

I suppose we’ll just have to stomach Blair 2.0. And see what happens.
Old 15-10-2022, 11:53   #1092
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
austerity on steroids incoming
Old 15-10-2022, 12:10   #1093
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
If it’s any consolation GrimUpNorth, I don’t expect he will be in the job very long.

Last edited by jfman; 15-10-2022 at 12:18.
Old 15-10-2022, 12:23   #1094
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

You could argue we're so far from the last GE team & manifesto, they no longer have a mandate to enact these new policies
Old 15-10-2022, 12:37   #1095
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You could argue we're so far from the last GE team & manifesto, they no longer have a mandate to enact these new policies
(Insert British exceptionalist trope about unwritten constitution, stability etc)

She's fine as long as she has the support of a majority of MPs.
Closed Thread