Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Liz Truss Resigns [Who'll be the next Prime Minister?]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Liz Truss Resigns [Who'll be the next Prime Minister?]
Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2022, 21:29   #1606
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Liz Truss Resigns [Who'll be the next Prime Minister?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Nor do I.

The proposition that he is clean, against a soiled Johnson (that phrase is disturbing) is laughable.

Sunak has moral authority over Johnson, I would argue the counter point. I haven’t seen BoJo stab anyone in the back. His sin has been defending a lost cause more than anything else.
Johnson and co were behind getting rid of May. Politics is a dirty game, they're all stabbing each other in the back.
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2022, 21:32   #1607
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Johnson and co were behind getting rid of May. Politics is a dirty game, they're all stabbing each other in the back.
exactly the Johnson backers forget he did exact same to May

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Nor do I.

The proposition that he is clean, against a soiled Johnson (that phrase is disturbing) is laughable.

Sunak has moral authority over Johnson, I would argue the counter point. I haven’t seen BoJo stab anyone in the back. His sin has been defending a lost cause more than anything else.
Theresa May
Old 23-10-2022, 21:32   #1608
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Full report of what Boris had to say about not accepting a nomination to try to become PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-63327087

He has obviously done this for the sake of party unity. In a separate report Pink Pigs have been seen flying over the UK.
Old 23-10-2022, 21:43   #1609
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Full report of what Boris had to say about not accepting a nomination to try to become PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-63327087

He has obviously done this for the sake of party unity. In a separate report Pink Pigs have been seen flying over the UK.
You must have some eyesight to see Boris through a plane window.
Old 23-10-2022, 21:48   #1610
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

You say you saw those "noble attributes", yet, at the same time, when you had been Chancellor (for two days), you sent him this letter telling him to resign…

It took him ten seconds to switch to Rishi after Boris's announcement. See his tweet.

https://twitter.com/nadhimzahawi?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Last edited by Ms NTL; 23-10-2022 at 22:02.
Old 23-10-2022, 21:50   #1611
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
It took him ten seconds to switch to Rishi after Boris's announcement. See his tweet.
Let's hope Sunak does not give him a job.
Old 23-10-2022, 22:01   #1612
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

FWIW I think BoJo probably did have 100 backers* but thought the ensuing scrap between himself and Rishi Sunak would be too much like hard work. I find the rumours he preferred a peerage and a plum job and tried to exact a price for not standing to be plausible, though I doubt Sunak would be tin-eared enough to give him anything.

At the end of the day I really do think he’s decided the reduced salary, personal scrutiny and constant internecine strife from now until 2024 isn’t worth the effort. As someone said the other day, why take a salary of £162k when you can earn that from one well-chosen after dinner speech?

* Guido reckoned he had 76 verified, another 24 of the 100 or so outstanding is not too much of a stretch.
Old 23-10-2022, 22:04   #1613
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Let's hope Sunak does not give him a job.
He was took quick to suck up...
Old 23-10-2022, 22:05   #1614
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
FWIW I think BoJo probably did have 100 backers* but thought the ensuing scrap between himself and Rishi Sunak would be too much like hard work. I find the rumours he preferred a peerage and a plum job and tried to exact a price for not standing to be plausible, though I doubt Sunak would be tin-eared enough to give him anything.

At the end of the day I really do think he’s decided the reduced salary, personal scrutiny and constant internecine strife from now until 2024 isn’t worth the effort. As someone said the other day, why take a salary of £162k when you can earn that from one well-chosen after dinner speech?

* Guido reckoned he had 76 verified, another 24 of the 100 or so outstanding is not too much of a stretch.
That’s assuming all those anonymous ones that BJ had about 80% of were actually true.

As for your final point Boris could have decided that weeks ago and stayed on the beach. He was here to get in and win, his only interest is self-interest.
Old 23-10-2022, 22:18   #1615
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I agree he’s driven by self interest, however I disagree over where he has decided his self interest lies.

He is not known for choosing hard work. It seems to have become clear to him that getting the job back, and keeping it, would be hard work.
Old 23-10-2022, 22:19   #1616
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
'He has no mandate!'

Nadine Dorries predicts 'all hell will break loose' if Rishi Sunak 'becomes Prime Minister by Tuesday.'
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1584287528957272064
Old 23-10-2022, 22:27   #1617
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I agree he’s driven by self interest, however I disagree over where he has decided his self interest lies.

He is not known for choosing hard work. It seems to have become clear to him that getting the job back, and keeping it, would be hard work.
It’s convenient he had this realisation tonight and not 2.05pm tomorrow.
Old 23-10-2022, 23:05   #1618
Ms NTL
cf.geek

On a different note, Rishi's 400K Swimming pool and Tennis court is finished. The Sun.
Old 23-10-2022, 23:06   #1619
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
exactly the Johnson backers forget he did exact same to May

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Theresa May
May…….had already mentally checked out. She had already left ( similar to Truss). Johnson had no intention to leave
Old 23-10-2022, 23:09   #1620
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Nadine Dorries predicts 'all hell will break loose' if Rishi Sunak 'becomes Prime Minister by Tuesday.'
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1584287528957272064

I think that's already happened - 19th October comes to mind!
Closed Thread