Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollout of the HUB5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Rollout of the HUB5

Old 04-11-2022, 13:41   #181
humey
cf.member

humey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enough
Re: Rollout of the HUB5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Didnt the hub 3 and 4 have a "cant fix" chipset issue?
Both did but the HUB 4 was powerful enough they did a band aid fix via FW and moved some of the load to the WIFI CPU, not ideal but makes the BQM graphs prettier.

I did state the SHUB2ac was the best but the HUB5 in the VM forum has had more complaints that the HUB3 and HUB4 (I have had both).

The poor sods who got it first were not beta testers and did not know it was basically one when they got invite emails.

My HUB4+1 SuperPod gets me 600+Mb/s anywhere in the home bar the bathroom and that is about max on the HUB 4 WIFI 5 ac Wireless, would need be 20/40/80/160 to get higher on ac.

I assume the large shower cabinets metal frame blocks it same as Bluetooth and I do not need a phone to shit.

Last edited by humey; 04-11-2022 at 14:27.
humey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2022, 14:00   #182
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I was one of the poor sods, mine self destructed after 4 months
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 14:27   #183
humey
cf.member

humey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enough

Yes, the wording of that "invite" was poor to say the very least.
humey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 14:35   #184
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I've sent the hub 4 back but keep getting texts they haven't received.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 17:38   #185
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I've sent the hub 4 back but keep getting texts they haven't received.
My Hub3 has been sitting at the distribution hub since 27th October, glad I kept proof of shipping.
Old 04-11-2022, 17:55   #186
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
My Hub3 has been sitting at the distribution hub since 27th October, glad I kept proof of shipping.
Mine is there too. Likely sat in a pile hahaha
Old 04-11-2022, 20:18   #187
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

Is there a new generation of the WiFi Pods for the Hub 5?

I can't seem to get mine working that I got when I upgraded to Gig1 earlier this year along with the Hub 4.

EDIT: model I have is SP01-VM

Last edited by Aye Up; 04-11-2022 at 20:20. Reason: update
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:59   #188
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Mine is there too. Likely sat in a pile hahaha
The shop I sent mine back at decided to start a facelift program the day after i sent it. I have the receipt how do I get that to Virgin so they don't charge me?

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:42   #189
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
The shop I sent mine back at decided to start a facelift program the day after i sent it. I have the receipt how do I get that to Virgin so they don't charge me?

Thanks.
Are they still hassling you ? they should be able to see it tracked as sent as they paid the courier. If they hassle call em and tell them the tracking number they can not argue with that. Once it is out of your hands it is the couriers responsibility as far as I see it and VM chose Yodel so their fault its a crap service. RM do a 2KG pick up for less now
Old 05-11-2022, 12:44   #190
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just checked, mines still at National Hub since 3pm 26th October.
Old 05-11-2022, 13:11   #191
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

I don't know what all the fuss is about, surely everyone got proof of postage? Anything else is out of your hands.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 13:26   #192
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I don't know what all the fuss is about, surely everyone got proof of postage? Anything else is out of your hands.
Well hopefully a receipt with a tracking code is good enough, but this is VM we're talking about and if they charge me when the Hub3 is enroute still I won't be happy as it will be a hassle to sort out I suspect.

They last sent me an email saying please return the Hub on 20th, I took to a collection point 12 days ago on the 24th.
Old 05-11-2022, 14:14   #193
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Well hopefully a receipt with a tracking code is good enough, but this is VM we're talking about and if they charge me when the Hub3 is enroute still I won't be happy as it will be a hassle to sort out I suspect.

They last sent me an email saying please return the Hub on 20th, I took to a collection point 12 days ago on the 24th.
If they try and charge me I will just pull it back with the DD guarantee
Old 05-11-2022, 14:34   #194
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Are they still hassling you ? they should be able to see it tracked as sent as they paid the courier. If they hassle call em and tell them the tracking number they can not argue with that. Once it is out of your hands it is the couriers responsibility as far as I see it and VM chose Yodel so their fault its a crap service. RM do a 2KG pick up for less now
Its not so much hassle its more an annoyance at the constant text messages and an email asking for it back when it has been sent back.
Old 05-11-2022, 15:03   #195
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Its not so much hassle its more an annoyance at the constant text messages and an email asking for it back when it has been sent back.
I have not heard a thing since the parcel entered tracking