Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollout of the HUB5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Rollout of the HUB5

Old 26-10-2022, 10:11   #151
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road
Re: Rollout of the HUB5

The average latency has increased in mine

Old 26-10-2022, 20:04   #152
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Got to say the Hub 5 delivers full speed across my WiFi network all ove rmy house. Something I have never seen before. Retired my Mesh system and now gonna try and sell it
Old 27-10-2022, 00:31   #153
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Worse is normal for a Hub5.
Must disagree with you.

From having stupid jitter and latency at peak time on the Hub 3, i now have a pretty good line 24/7, so quite the opposite of your comment. Know a few others with the Hub 5 and they have the same result as myself, a better line than before...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broad...868-26-10-2022
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2022, 10:14   #154
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Installer View Post
Must disagree with you.

From having stupid jitter and latency at peak time on the Hub 3, i now have a pretty good line 24/7, so quite the opposite of your comment. Know a few others with the Hub 5 and they have the same result as myself, a better line than before...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broad...868-26-10-2022
No worries, I was referring to the jagged green line I think most people have a reasonably flat green line on the Hub 3 going by people's graphs on this forum.
Old 29-10-2022, 12:56   #155
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Looks like can no longer apply for one?

Does anyone know what new gig1 customers are getting?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2022, 13:53   #156
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Does anyone know what new gig1 customers are getting?
Either a 4 or a 5
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2022, 18:49   #157
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Either a 4 or a 5
I won the raffle, got a hub 5.
Old 29-10-2022, 19:33   #158
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Easily the best WiFi from a company supplied router I have ever had
Old 29-10-2022, 19:35   #159
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I won the raffle, got a hub 5.
What made you come back to VM I thought you couldn't wait to leave?
Old 29-10-2022, 19:43   #160
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
What made you come back to VM I thought you couldn't wait to leave?
I couldnt many years ago.

Of course times change.

My area has no FTTP, Openreach are not even planning it here despite it been a large city, and City Fibre recently informed me I have a minimum 9 month wait.

I currently have a fault on my DSL which looks like it potentially will drag on and on, and with the modern era of games been 100+ gig downloads and regular 10s of gigs patches, 80mbit VDSL is feeling old now.

So I thought I would give VM another go, as it has been some years.
Old 01-11-2022, 17:52   #161
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

I just renewed my vm package last month I did ask the rep if I could get upgraded from my hub 3 but said no
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 13:50   #162
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Just a heads up for anyone shipping their Hub3 back via Yodel Collect+, I took mine to a store on 24/10 and it's still not been delivered on 02/11 the tracking says it's been that the shipping hub since the 27th.
Old 02-11-2022, 13:58   #163
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Mines processed at national hub and went in yesterday

Least it is in the system, you done your bit, they can not blame you now, they chose the courier
Old 02-11-2022, 14:58   #164
psul
cf.member

psul is on a distinguished roadpsul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just a heads up for anyone shipping their Hub3 back via Yodel Collect+, I took mine to a store on 24/10 and it's still not been delivered on 02/11 the tracking says it's been that the shipping hub since the 27th.
Sent mine on 5/10 been showing at national hub since 7/10. I have posted about this on the Virgin help forums where there are a few similar posts.
psul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 15:15   #165
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by psul View Post
Sent mine on 5/10 been showing at national hub since 7/10. I have posted about this on the Virgin help forums where there are a few similar posts.
Are they still hassling you about it or do they know it is in transit?