Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | d-link router problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

d-link router problems

Old 03-04-2005, 21:56   #16
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: d-link router problems

Then if your daughters PC/Laptop hasn't already got a wireless card then you need both a router and a wireless card, preferably the same make.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=45621

and this

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=75646

Would do the job nicely if she has a laptop then substitute the second item for this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=45581

But there are many other makes and combination, a good look around ebuyer or dabs may help you decide on a brand and model.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2005, 21:57   #17
zing_deleted

That seems a fair price
Old 03-04-2005, 21:59   #18
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

I don't want this to deteriorate into a who to buy from thread, but at the moment I would seriously consider not ordering from eBuyer.

I know that they have an awful lot of unhappy customers at present.

Sorry, that was Off Topic, but sort of relevant.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 22:03   #19
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
I don't want this to deteriorate into a who to buy from thread, but at the moment I would seriously consider not ordering from eBuyer.

I know that they have an awful lot of unhappy customers at present.

Sorry, that was Off Topic, but sort of relevant.
To be fire they are a lot better again now (god I hope I've not spoken too soon), we've had a couple of orders recently that have been fine.

Saying that if you feel more comfortable buying from else where then the products are available from most suppliers, "you pays your money you takes your pick" I guess.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote