Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 05-04-2022, 17:03   #1066
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

The problem with fixing it to an IP will mean if you watch on your main tv via Internet - you may then get blocked switching over to your mobile phone later.

And what if you modem gets a new IP address overnight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Hopefully as I share with parents and my partner's son in Bulgaria.

I suspect they will figure it out with IPs.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2022, 17:22   #1067
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Hopefully as I share with parents and my partner's son in Bulgaria.

I suspect they will figure it out with IPs.
after a number of years they still aint bothered to suss out I do not live in Turkey so not over worried about IPs. Loads of ways they cannot do it. What if home users use VPNs as said what if on mobile. They also say you just have to live in the house and can use it elsewhere so IP locking I seriously doubt will happen
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 18:48   #1068
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
after a number of years they still aint bothered to suss out I do not live in Turkey so not over worried about IPs. Loads of ways they cannot do it. What if home users use VPNs as said what if on mobile. They also say you just have to live in the house and can use it elsewhere so IP locking I seriously doubt will happen
Mine doesn't work if not on VPN !
Old 05-04-2022, 19:36   #1069
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Mine doesn't work if not on VPN !
Mine works fine for UK with no vpn but with vpn set to US and Canada I can view their Netflix
Old 06-04-2022, 12:27   #1070
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

So Plex have just released a beta of a unified search function which they are calling Discover.

They claim it lets you search for films or TV shows and then gives you a list of all the available outlets. One of the nice features is it also searches your own media library. Results are presented in a normal plex layout and there's even a nice clip of theme music too.

You can choose from a list of streaming services to search from and as of today there are 63 on the list.

Tested it out by searching for Breaking Bad (couple of photos attached). The first thing you get is a choice of results from your search term then a dedicated screen for the chosen result.

When I clicked on the Netflix link it sent me to the correct place. The only downside is there is no automatic return to Plex on our Sony TV (running Google TV) so to get back to the Plex search I had to reload the Plex app. But it's a Beta feature so may improve.

Now all they need to do is include linear TV schedules in the search and they may have a winning formula.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220406_120845.jpg (1.77 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220406_121015.jpg (1.94 MB, 23 views)
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 13:25   #1071
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
So Plex have just released a beta of a unified search function which they are calling Discover.

They claim it lets you search for films or TV shows and then gives you a list of all the available outlets. One of the nice features is it also searches your own media library. Results are presented in a normal plex layout and there's even a nice clip of theme music too.

You can choose from a list of streaming services to search from and as of today there are 63 on the list.

Tested it out by searching for Breaking Bad (couple of photos attached). The first thing you get is a choice of results from your search term then a dedicated screen for the chosen result.

When I clicked on the Netflix link it sent me to the correct place. The only downside is there is no automatic return to Plex on our Sony TV (running Google TV) so to get back to the Plex search I had to reload the Plex app. But it's a Beta feature so may improve.

Now all they need to do is include linear TV schedules in the search and they may have a winning formula.
Good find, thank you, Grim.
Old 06-04-2022, 13:34   #1072
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

ITVX to launch next week?
Tv and sattelite weekly now have ITVX in their streaming section for next week.
Old 06-04-2022, 13:49   #1073
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
ITVX to launch next week?
Tv and sattelite weekly now have ITVX in their streaming section for next week.
I did notice that, but it says ‘launching later this year’. I suspect we will get it around about the autumn.
Old 06-04-2022, 13:49   #1074
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Isn't launching until 4th quarter of this year , in time for Fifa World Cup
https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/itvx-m...aming-service/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 06-04-2022 at 13:53.
TimeLord2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 14:14   #1075
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I did notice that, but it says ‘launching later this year’. I suspect we will get it around about the autumn.
I thought so OB and Timelord, tv satellite weekly jumping the gun a bit lol.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:26   #1076
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Sounds like HBO Max is not coming to UK until 2025.
https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/h...l-end-of-2025/
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:28   #1077
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

There was article on broadcastnow about it
Quote:
Speaking to Broadcast at this week’s Mip TV, head of HBO Max global [Johannes Larcher] said: “We have plans on the shelf for when we get to the UK.

“The end of 2025 is still some way away but we certainly know what our content strategy will be. We know what the service and the product will look like. A lot of that thinking is in place. To be honest we wish [a launch] could be earlier, but we will get there.”

He reiterated that WarnerMedia and Sky remain “great partners” but said the direction of travel is for all of its programming to be made available via HBO Max.

“WarnerMedia has put all of its best content on HBO Max where it operates. We have the pay one and pay two windows in every territory. The best of our content is being brought to HBO Max, wherever we go,” he said. “We’re in 61 countries, there’s 129 countries left.”
https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/inter...169421.article

HBO Max’s Japanese Crime Series ‘Tokyo Vice’ Sells Wide

Quote:
Tokyo Vice, HBO Max’s new Japanese crime series, has found several international homes, with Endeavor Content closing sales on the hourlong crime drama with multiple broadcasters.

Endeavor unveiled Thursday that it has sold the show to Canal+ in France, Canada’s Crave channel and to Paramount+ in Australia, with Starzplay taking rights for the U.K. and Ireland and across German-speaking Europe. OSN+ licensed the show for the Middle East and Northern Africa.

HBO Max licensed Tokyo Vice for the U.S., with pay-TV channel Wowow as the Japanese commissioning home. The series will go out on HBO Max across the streamer’s Latin America and European footprint, and on HBO Go in Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...de-1235126648/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 08-04-2022 at 10:34.
TimeLord2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:53   #1078
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

One would imagine anyone that wanted it could get it with a VPN though
Old 08-04-2022, 10:53   #1079
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Surely with the launch of future services Paramount + , HBO and ITV X this puts Netflix under even more pressure to standout from the crowd people only have so much money to go around and will become even more selective.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:16   #1080
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Surely with the launch of future services Paramount + , HBO and ITV X this puts Netflix under even more pressure to standout from the crowd people only have so much money to go around and will become even more selective.
Up to a point perhaps, but there are a lot of streamers out there already and the cost of living is rising. The streamers people already subscribe to are now well established and are producing second, third and fourth seasons of popular shows that viewers have bought into. So if it’s a case of ‘we can afford either Paramount or Netflix’, Netflix has a built in advantage even without doing anything more than it already is.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote