Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 28-01-2017, 12:19   #2746
scollie
cf.member

scollie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Hello All.
Just ordered a V6 for my living room, lady i spoke to said i will have to pay an Extra £7-50 a month as BenMcr confirmed but when i asked her if ill get an email confirming date of install she wasn't sure, also i asked her to let engineer know i want to move original tivo to bedroom.hope this will happen & not be a problem. install is 1st March.
I had my V6 installed 2 weeks ago. I had a disconnected 500gb Tivo in the bedroom (I'd had it disconnected when multi-room streaming wasn't allowed for most channels) and I asked for it to be removed and my 1TB Tivo moved from the living room to the bedroom which I was told would be done.
However when the installer turned up it wasn't on his work order and he insisted that he was going to take my 1 TB Tivo away saying that he would be charged for it if he didn't take it back. He said he couldn't swap the 1TB and 500GB boxes and take the 500GB box.

I got onto customer services and they then talked to the installer and got him to swap the boxes and take the 500GB box back which he did but he only connected the 1TB box and didn't check that it was working as it wasn't on his work order and he didn't have time - he had already been here over an hour. There was a problem with the Tivo not connecting which resulted in another engineer having to come to fix it!

Hopefully you won't have similar experience.
scollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2017, 16:29   #2747
kirk1690
Inactive

Services: Tivo . Virgin 200 tvL. Virgin Landline, Sky HD variety pack movies and sport.
kirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava210 View Post
Well, I rang Virgin CS this morning and managed to bag a V6 with full house bundle
200 mb Broadband with Install on Tuesday for £38 per month

full house tv for 38 quid a month ,are you sure ? is it a six month offer ? what other charges were there ??
kirk1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 18:14   #2748
brava210
Inactive

Services: Virgin V+,TiVo, BB-10MB Panasonic 50", AE 5.1, Pioneer VSX920 Amp, Harmony One.
brava210 is on a distinguished roadbrava210 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1690 View Post
full house tv for 38 quid a month ,are you sure ? is it a six month offer ? what other charges were there ??
Yes, it,s £38 for six months then rises to £52 but I think that is still a good price
brava210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 19:49   #2749
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollie View Post
I had my V6 installed 2 weeks ago. I had a disconnected 500gb Tivo in the bedroom (I'd had it disconnected when multi-room streaming wasn't allowed for most channels) and I asked for it to be removed and my 1TB Tivo moved from the living room to the bedroom which I was told would be done.
However when the installer turned up it wasn't on his work order and he insisted that he was going to take my 1 TB Tivo away saying that he would be charged for it if he didn't take it back. He said he couldn't swap the 1TB and 500GB boxes and take the 500GB box.

I got onto customer services and they then talked to the installer and got him to swap the boxes and take the 500GB box back which he did but he only connected the 1TB box and didn't check that it was working as it wasn't on his work order and he didn't have time - he had already been here over an hour. There was a problem with the Tivo not connecting which resulted in another engineer having to come to fix it!

Hopefully you won't have similar experience.
Thanks for that scollie. ill call virgin on Tuesday to make sure its on his work order.
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 00:33   #2750
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

MyVM looks a little broken. Have 200/TV L and M phone
Upgrade for an extra £32.36 a month!
£101.33 a month for 12 months Line rental Included £114.94 One off cost

They also list caller display (and any other telephone options) as being £34.61 a month. 0_o
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 10:44   #2751
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post

They also list caller display (and any other telephone options) as being £34.61 a month. 0_o
My VM has been 'ill' for some time now. It's been showing me a random selection of bills over the last 2 years, rather than the last 6 months! If nothing else it's interesting to find out how much prices have increased.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 14:09   #2752
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post

I've found the prices it shows remove any discounts you have on your account. It certainly doesn't make upgrading an appealing prospect!
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 10:20   #2753
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I've got my 2 V6s being installed next Tuesday. After hearing the positive feedback from you guys here, I'm looking forward to having them in place.

Big plus will be watching recordings either downstairs or in the bedroom.

Looking forward to seeing any news/developments with 4K content that might arrive this year.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 11:37   #2754
mparker42
Inactive

Services: V+HD 20MB Broadband
mparker42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had 2 V6 boxes installed. About 20 minutes before the engineer turned up my wifi went off. He turned up and wanted to change my HUB 2 to a HUB 3 as apparently I needed this. he got on his phone and talked to his control who told him there was nothing about a modem change so the engineer plugged it back in. He then asks me if I'm having internet problems. I told him that it went down around 20 minutes before he turned up. He then tells me someone is working at the cabinet at the bottom of my street. He then jumps in his van to see them and 10 minutes later he returns, installs the V6 boxes and tells me that they should be finished soon and it should all come on. He leaves and I have no working internet or tv service. I'm not very impressed.

Also should he have provided me with new remote controls? He said we could use the old TiVo ones we has but I would have expected new remotes.
mparker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 12:00   #2755
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, you should have gone new remotes for both V6 boxes, and the engineers know this.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:37   #2756
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker42 View Post
Just had 2 V6 boxes installed. About 20 minutes before the engineer turned up my wifi went off. He turned up and wanted to change my HUB 2 to a HUB 3 as apparently I needed this. he got on his phone and talked to his control who told him there was nothing about a modem change so the engineer plugged it back in. He then asks me if I'm having internet problems. I told him that it went down around 20 minutes before he turned up. He then tells me someone is working at the cabinet at the bottom of my street. He then jumps in his van to see them and 10 minutes later he returns, installs the V6 boxes and tells me that they should be finished soon and it should all come on. He leaves and I have no working internet or tv service. I'm not very impressed.

Also should he have provided me with new remote controls? He said we could use the old TiVo ones we has but I would have expected new remotes.
Are you connected now, MP? If not, get straight on to Customer Services and explain what's happened.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 17:59   #2757
Amazed
Inactive

Amazed is an unknown quantity at this point

I have got a V6 install booked for February 21st, should I check the order with VM regarding removal of one TiVo box (currently have 2, a 500gb and 1tb)? Currently 1tb in lounge, so I was going to swap it with the 500gb in bedroom so that they install and remove from the lounge.

Any thoughts?
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 18:03   #2758
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
I have got a V6 install booked for February 21st, should I check the order with VM regarding removal of one TiVo box (currently have 2, a 500gb and 1tb)? Currently 1tb in lounge, so I was going to swap it with the 500gb in bedroom so that they install and remove from the lounge.

Any thoughts?
There's no problem with swapping them over, but the installer will take away whichever one the work order tells him to. If you aren't certain which one that is, ring up and check.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 18:20   #2759
Amazed
Inactive

Amazed is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
There's no problem with swapping them over, but the installer will take away whichever one the work order tells him to. If you aren't certain which one that is, ring up and check.
Ta! Will do
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 19:19   #2760
Ed92uk
Inactive

Ed92uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi did try that thank you didn't seem to make any notice. I have got used to it now but obviously I would like to sort the prOblem at some point
Ed92uk is offline   Reply With Quote