Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 10-08-2013, 07:21   #3196
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Cool, that is probably going to be cheaper, and healthier than the pub. Place a few 50p/£1 bets over the course of a game and save lots of money (I am not a gambler and have only frequented a bookies only twice in 33 years, so it's not for me)
Also interesting to see the comments about pubs and hotels etc. Lets hope BT Sport helps improve their businesses in these tough economic times. I, personally, would prefer to go to a quiet, local pub with genuine fans, a real atmosphere and appetite for the game with decent and/or local lager/cider/ale to watch some rugby or football rather than a loud, large national pub chain with the mainstream guff lagers/ciders and a very poor and indifferent atmosphere.
If that paragraph does not show I am getting old, nothing else ever will

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 ----------

Have just seen he is finally banned. Can't say I'm surprised or disappointed to be honest, I know others will be though. Morbid curiosity wonders what the final tipping point for the mod's was, but ultimately I just don't care.
Ultimately I will not bring this up again and I look forward to the forum returning a quieter, more sensible place, with sensible posts from sensible people (other than myself obvioulsy)
He posted something about him being here for ever and that he would do nothing wrong and then posted all about his reputation given and taken

Dont know if that was the bit that had him banned however or if it was just the fact he was a complete and utter anker.

As for BT sports as i predicted for myself i had an excellent night watching the Giants eat the Pies in a thrilling match on Sky sports and with no need for me to need BT sports to watch it at all.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2013, 07:23   #3197
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I feel Man Utd are going to have a very difficult transition, Moyes has cleaned house and it is going to take time for the whole situation to stablise.
BT who cares
I honestly feel in the long run he will be good for utd because he is highly motivated but I think there will have to be a couple of hair dryer blasts first, but as a mad utd fan there are a few players there at the moment who need to step their game up, nani, Anderson, cleverly, wellbeck and I'm sure in a few weeks these players will know who the boss is and that they ain't kids anymore and they will have to get their fingers out.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:01   #3198
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
He posted something about him being here for ever and that he would do nothing wrong and then posted all about his reputation given and taken

Dont know if that was the bit that had him banned however or if it was just the fact he was a complete and utter anker.

As for BT sports as i predicted for myself i had an excellent night watching the Giants eat the Pies in a thrilling match on Sky sports and with no need for me to need BT sports to watch it at all.
Thank god for that,I got my first warning thru him,what a annoying individual. Big thankyou to the mods for finally getting rid of him,decent butch of peeps on here with one spoiling it for the rest of us
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:17   #3199
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Thank god for that,I got my first warning thru him,what a annoying individual. Big thankyou to the mods for finally getting rid of him,decent butch of peeps on here with one spoiling it for the rest of us
I agree, thank God he has been banned, otherwise...
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:32   #3200
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

What a douche! I would have loved to have been a fly in the room to see his face when he found out he was banned. If he genuinely thought he was never wrong, he is probably still confused as to how he became banned Sorry mod's, that is now the last time I will mention it.
Back on topic, those who can watch BT Sports, I recommend you watch (nope, I recommend more that you get down "The Abbey" and watch it there, if you can) the mighty Cambridge United on Sunday, as they kick off another season of disappointment and dashed hopes and probably mid-table mediocrity
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:37   #3201
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
What a douche! I would have loved to have been a fly in the room to see his face when he found out he was banned. If he genuinely thought he was never wrong, he is probably still confused as to how he became banned Sorry mod's, that is now the last time I will mention it.
Back on topic, those who can watch BT Sports, I recommend you watch (nope, I recommend more that you get down "The Abbey" and watch it there, if you can) the mighty Cambridge United on Sunday, as they kick off another season of disappointment and dashed hopes and probably mid-table mediocrity
You have convinced me. i will watch cambridge on Sunday. At least until Hearts vs Hibs kicks off (so for 5 minutes )
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 13:25   #3202
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Obviously next Saturday is free, and Palace are playing on Sunday so I won't be able to watch any of the televised games, but after that I'm seriously considering adding Sky Sports to my package - 138 Premier League games is really good, and to be honest, I don't think the BBC are doing a good job with their f1 highlights programmes on the weekends that they don't have full race coverage. Has anyone managed a decent deal off the back of losing ESPN?
Old 10-08-2013, 13:28   #3203
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Obviously next Saturday is free, and Palace are playing on Sunday so I won't be able to watch any of the televised games, but after that I'm seriously considering adding Sky Sports to my package - 138 Premier League games is really good, and to be honest, I don't think the BBC are doing a good job with their f1 highlights programmes on the weekends that they don't have full race coverage. Has anyone managed a decent deal off the back of losing ESPN?
You sure its 138, i thought it was 116?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 13:32   #3204
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Its 116.
Old 10-08-2013, 13:33   #3205
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
yes it 116 on sky sports and 38 on bt sport
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 13:35   #3206
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Correct! My bad. But even so, 116 live games coupled with the majority of top picks and the ability to choose when BT take their top picks, meaning Sky effectively have all the top picks AND all f1 races live means Sky Sports is looking increasingly attractive to me.
Old 10-08-2013, 13:50   #3207
Jameseh

As good as it is, its still £32.75 in HD (well not the F1, Tennis, News, WWE, minor golf, some rugby, etc), and a price increase supposedly incoming.
Old 10-08-2013, 14:03   #3208
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
As good as it is, its still £32.75 in HD (well not the F1, Tennis, News, WWE, minor golf, some rugby, etc), and a price increase supposedly incoming.
That's what's putting me off, to be honest, and why I was asking if anybody had bagged themselves a deal with Virgin after the loss of ESPN.
Old 10-08-2013, 15:17   #3209
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Someone has said on this forum, that someone has found out that VM are testing BT Sports. How do we know that.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 15:33   #3210
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

First sky were offering BT Sport free for a year if VM customers switched now BT are offering a £100 Sainsburys gift card if you switch this offer runs until September 5th - http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...dband/packages

With this offer I honestly can't see BT Sport coming for the forseeable future now
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote