Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-03-2019, 13:19   #3421
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Hmm... that's 3 series links I had set up to record new programmes, and the V6 did not record the first episodes, but started at the second ones.

Yeah tivo boxes get confused especially like new channels like when you tell them to start recording the first showing on BBC Scotlands new channel, it knows its on the next day on BBC 1 the next week it records BBC one second showing the next week...
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2019, 18:12   #3422
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Does anyone have any issues with watching recorded shows from other rooms on the tivo v6? I just get an error message and a V401 error code.

Any fix?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 18:21   #3423
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Does anyone have any issues with watching recorded shows from other rooms on the tivo v6? I just get an error message and a V401 error code.

Any fix?
No problems here Vince.
Old 06-03-2019, 18:30   #3424
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:

Any fix?
It's quite common when both boxes are wireless, what's your setup?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 20:46   #3425
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Any fix?
I reboot both machines and that normally works.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 00:10   #3426
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
It's quite common when both boxes are wireless, what's your setup?
spot on both boxes are wireless. my bedroom box is on a wired connection. downstairs is wifi and thats fine. just the back bedroom one wont connect (we always have problems with the back bedroom box thats why i managed to get two v6s to compensate) which is also on wifi.

Not that bothered like as my bedroom box works fine and i wouldnt want to watch what my mum records anyway but still i was more curious than anything!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:22   #3427
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

You might need a powerline, you seem to need much more speed than you would expect to stream from box to box
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:43   #3428
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Anyone else having issues with setting a new remote up on the V6?

Pressing clear and TV together as requested does nothing but show a red light above home

My TV (Samsung) is listed but even when doing a manual search for another provider lets say JVC as an example I just get Error there has been a technical glitch (error PR4/5000)
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:55   #3429
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

You need to press and hold the two buttons. You should get a red flash initially, then two green flashes a few seconds later. Let go after the green flashes, then enter the code.

The remote control programming app on the V6 is currently broken, so do the full scan using code 0999 instead.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 13:42   #3430
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You need to press and hold the two buttons. You should get a red flash initially, then two green flashes a few seconds later. Let go after the green flashes, then enter the code.

The remote control programming app on the V6 is currently broken, so do the full scan using code 0999 instead.
Someone needs to update the live chat team on that then I spent 30-minutes getting absolutely nowhere as he was adamant the app was fine and wanted me to speak to the tech support team

Back to the remotes.

The knackered one is programmed into my Samsung TV for the volume I press and hold the two buttons but only get red lights above home no matter how long I hold them down for.

I suspect without that working I have no chance of removing the TV from it via the thumbs down command

I have now got the new remote working via 0999 (TV switched off pressed ok and green light flashed twice) so my V6 works for the TV side just not on the volume
Old 11-06-2019, 14:13   #3431
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Keep searching. There may be a better code that also works the volume
Old 11-06-2019, 14:26   #3432
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Keep searching. There may be a better code that also works the volume
I have gone through 3 or 4 times now pressing the ch^ button TV switches off but the volume don't work
Old 11-06-2019, 14:48   #3433
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

When you get the two flashing red lights only - try changing the batteries.

Seems the re-programming is the first to go as the batteries start to die.

Yet otherwise they carry on fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Someone needs to update the live chat team on that then I spent 30-minutes getting absolutely nowhere as he was adamant the app was fine and wanted me to speak to the tech support team

Back to the remotes.

The knackered one is programmed into my Samsung TV for the volume I press and hold the two buttons but only get red lights above home no matter how long I hold them down for.

I suspect without that working I have no chance of removing the TV from it via the thumbs down command

I have now got the new remote working via 0999 (TV switched off pressed ok and green light flashed twice) so my V6 works for the TV side just not on the volume
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 18:13   #3434
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
When you get the two flashing red lights only - try changing the batteries.

Seems the re-programming is the first to go as the batteries start to die.

Yet otherwise they carry on fine.
Interesting to know that as my battery tester showed they were over half full yet after changing them the green light worked

How many times do you press the thumbs down button again to reset the handset?
Old 11-06-2019, 18:34   #3435
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Clear+TV, then 3 x Thumbs down, then 2 x OK