Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 24-06-2019, 21:11   #1111
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You're probably right, but considering Sony is a heavyweight in tv shows, its tv channels underperform, not helped by all their different brands. Also, most Sony shows aren't on Sony's channels - yet.
Old 24-06-2019, 21:18   #1112
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
You're probably right, but considering Sony is a heavyweight in tv shows, its tv channels underperform, not helped by all their different brands. Also, most Sony shows aren't on Sony's channels - yet.
After I wrote what I did earlier I found this about the other two True channels with regards to Freeview and other platforms.

Quote:
On 27th June True Entertainment will move from channel number 61 to channel number 48 and True Movies will move from Freeview channel number 62 to channel number 50. Both channels will only broadcast on Freeview in selected areas. You may have to retune to make these changes.

True Entertainment will continue to be available on Sky 179 Freesat 142 Virgin 189.

True Movies will continue to be available on Sky 319 Freesat 303 Virgin 424.
Source: www.truechannels.tv/about
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 09:18   #1113
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I can't tell what this is, maybe a disguised new service rather than a move within the network, but there are new HD streams on multiplex/stream alongside Premier Sports 2 HD now.

One is an HD stream and the screengrab has a VM Love logo from its promo reel.
The other is an HD stream with a Sky Cinema logo on its screengrab.

Showing on Tsid13/C047 on Digital Bit Rate website.
Today that HD stream that had the Sky Cinema logo on the screengrab now has a ITV screen for Beecham House. The other HD stream still is showing a Virgin Media Preview.

Tsid104/C059 has a lone HD channel on it, ITV Wales HD in the region DigitalBitRate covers, has done for a wee while. I think it's possible this is just going to be moving multiplexes.

If that assumption is correct that just leaves the one seemingly showing a HD version of the Virgin Media Preview channel. I can't see VM using space on their network for an HD version, so all I can assume is it's a temporary placeholder. Maybe someone else has an idea.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 11:42   #1114
cje85
cf.member

cje85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The channel has been removed from Sony's site:

https://www.sonypicturestelevision.com/brand.php?id=19

And looks like it's in the process of getting removed from the True Channels site too:

https://www.truechannels.tv/

So, looks like the channel is getting axed by Sony. Perhaps they might axe the whole "True" brand??
That website is hopelessly out of date. it's just a coincidence that True Crime isn't listed. It still lists the music channels that were sold last year, and TruTV.
cje85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 13:45   #1115
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
Is this the same rumour from Twitter which was posted about 3 hours ago per chance?
Tom Mockeridge confirmed a couple of years ago that the Horizon platform would be coming to Virgin Media and I am sure I read somewhere that this would be sometime in 2019 or 2020, but I have been unable to find that link yet. I'll keep looking!

https://www.multichannel.com/blog/vi...-report-418549
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 13:53   #1116
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Tom Mockeridge confirmed a couple of years ago that the Horizon platform would be coming to Virgin Media and I am sure I read somewhere that this would be sometime in 2019 or 2020, but I have been unable to find that link yet. I'll keep looking!

https://www.multichannel.com/blog/vi...-report-418549
l have looked too and that link is probably the best you can get OB.
Old 25-06-2019, 13:58   #1117
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have looked too and that link is probably the best you can get OB.
Yes, I can't find it anywhere. Ah, well, we'd better just wait and see.
Old 25-06-2019, 14:01   #1118
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes, I can't find it anywhere. Ah, well, we'd better just wait and see.
Its pretty obvious that there are things blowing in the wind in the coming months..
Old 25-06-2019, 14:04   #1119
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Horizon 4 has just launched in Belgium and to get a idea of the software take a look at their web app which is in English:

https://www.telenettv.be/en/
Old 25-06-2019, 14:35   #1120
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Horizon 4 has just launched in Belgium and to get a idea of the software take a look at their web app which is in English:

https://www.telenettv.be/en/
That looks familiar https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html
Old 25-06-2019, 14:41   #1121
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Indeed it looks very familiar from my untrained eye..
Old 25-06-2019, 15:39   #1122
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
I posted about this a few days ago on the 21st along with info about the "Cloud" update with the Hub 3. So I was thinking it maybe something to do with the cloud capabilities of the new Horizon 4 UI? Do you know anything more about that?
We just saw your post four hours after we posted.

Only info I have on that new Horizon 4 is online.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I can't tell what this is, maybe a disguised new service rather than a move within the network, but there are new HD streams on multiplex/stream alongside Premier Sports 2 HD now.

One is an HD stream and the screengrab has a VM Love logo from its promo reel.
The other is an HD stream with a Sky Cinema logo on its screengrab.

Showing on Tsid13/C047 on Digital Bit Rate website.
The new HD Channels maybe mean Virgin Media has sign an new deal with any of the following broadcasters?

A) Own by NBCUniversal International Networks?
CNBC HD
E! HD

B) Own by Sky plc?
Sky Atlantic HD
Sky Sports Racing HD

C) Own by Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited (WarnerMedia)?
Boomerang HD
CNN International HD

Or any of the following?

Jazeera English HD
MUTV HD
Nick Jr. HD
Television X HD
Colours HD
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 17:57   #1123
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its pretty obvious that there are things blowing in the wind in the coming months..
They are indeed - 2019 looks like being a fairly good year for VM viewers. The position now in relation to #3 of this thread is as follows:

Launched already

- Starzplay
- Sky Sports Racing

Definite launches confirmed by Virgin Media

- Amazon Prime (summer 2019)

Possible launches rumoured or likely but not yet confirmed

- Sky Atlantic (expected summer 2019)
- Sky UHD content (expected summer 2019)
- Disney + (expected early 2020 now)
- New Horizon UI (possibly late 2019 or 2020)

Predicted but no positive rumours or announcements to date

- Insight
- Universe 4K

Not likely this year

- AMC (although this material will be available on PPV when Prime launches).

And who knows if there are some more surprises awaiting!
Old 25-06-2019, 18:08   #1124
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
They are indeed - 2019 looks like being a fairly good year for VM viewers. The position now in relation to #3 of this thread is as follows:

Launched already

- Starzplay
- Sky Sports Racing
Sky Sports Racing sadly still in SD.

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Quote:

Definite launches confirmed by Virgin Media

- Amazon Prime (summer 2019)
Likely to be around the end bit of July l reckon.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Quote:

Possible launches rumoured or likely but not yet confirmed

- Sky Atlantic (expected summer 2019)
- Sky UHD content (expected summer 2019)
- Disney + (expected early 2020 now)
- New Horizon UI (possibly late 2019 or 2020)
Sky Atlantic unlikely this year.
Sky UHD maybe this year.
Disney + well lets see as l have heard nothing.
New Horizon UI well if its like the one that was posted earlier on the link its very very similar.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Quote:

Predicted but no positive rumours or announcements to date

- Insight
- Universe 4K
l doubt it as nothing has been said at all about these two.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Quote:

- AMC (although this material will be available on PPV when Prime launches).
AMC certainly not as a standalone channel.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Quote:

And who knows if there are some more surprises awaiting!
Well only time will tell OB.
Old 25-06-2019, 18:25   #1125
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/asse...rgin-media.pdf

About the Horizon platform

Quote:
‘Horizon 4 RDK’ is the next generation Liberty Global TV platform being implemented for Virgin Media and across other Liberty territories. Once in place, it is intended that all new TV deployments will be on this platform. ‘Horizon’ is being designed to allow us to roll out updates on a regular basis, enabling Virgin Media to respond to customer needs and market changes in a much more agile way.
Product launch timeline

Quote:
In order to test the efficacy of the new platform, Virgin Media plans to undertake a trial ‘controlled launch’ of the Horizon platform in the second half of 2019. This means the Horizon platform will be available to a limited number of customers. In our current product roadmap, Virgin Media will aim to deliver all of the four features on the platform in the second half of 2020.
This is a partial response to an Ofcom Initiative which includes Sky, Freeview, BT etc to make the user experience for disabled customers simpler.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote