Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 23:35   #6196
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
This seems to be the 'clarification' that was speculated on a while back. An exchange of letters highlighting the better parts of the deal for May as well as some political language that expresses a joint desire for the backstop to be limited. I think the government hopes that the letters can be pointed at as both the better parts of the deal but also as material for any future legal challenge should the EU not agree to end the backstop in future.

It's not changing the deal itself though.
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2019, 23:51   #6197
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
But the 17.4 million brexiter majority who came first in the voting result aren't asking for a repeat referendum, it's the minority remainers that came in second that are demanding it as some kind of right.
You don't know what 17.4 million people want though.
Old 11-01-2019, 23:54   #6198
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
You don't know what 17.4 million people want though.
They voted to leave so i think i do.
Old 12-01-2019, 00:05   #6199
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Did some of you have a memory lapse within the space of a day?

I have just removed several silly posts.

Warning sent only yesterday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

The continuation of the childish behavior, and attacking each other, will not be tolerated.
Since Christmas is now over, the Sanity Clause will be extended as a kind of Winter Break instead.

Anyone who continues to act in a childish manner will get a "timeout".
You will be suspended from any posting for 1 day (first time), then 3 days, then a week.
Should you not learn after 3 timeouts, a fourth time will see you banned from Cable Forum.

Note: This applies across the forum, not just this topic.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:54   #6200
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
They voted to leave so i think i do.
Doesn't mean you know if they've changed their mind or not.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:58   #6201
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This seems to be the 'clarification' that was speculated on a while back. An exchange of letters highlighting the better parts of the deal for May as well as some political language that expresses a joint desire for the backstop to be limited. I think the government hopes that the letters can be pointed at as both the better parts of the deal but also as material for any future legal challenge should the EU not agree to end the backstop in future.

exactly it not legal text so cant see it making much difference at all
Old 12-01-2019, 09:57   #6202
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Hopefully- whichever side we voted, nobody should want an outcome which hurts the UK.
An outcome that hurts the U.K. least in the short to medium term.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:25   #6203
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
An outcome that hurts the U.K. least in the short to medium term.
I don't understand this comment.

You regularly say that the 17.4 million knew what they voted for but none of them were told "vote Leave and we will hurt the U.K. at least in the short term and also probably the medium term as well"?

So this scenario is definitely off the agenda then. We can only leave with No Deal if it fulfils the pledges of the Leave campaign. That is, after all, what you voted for, right?
Old 12-01-2019, 10:33   #6204
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post

You regularly say that the 17.4 million knew what they voted for but none of them were told "vote Leave and we will hurt the U.K. at least in the short term and also probably the medium term as well"?

So this scenario is definitely off the agenda then. We can only leave with No Deal if it fulfils the pledges of the Leave campaign. That is, after all, what you voted for, right?
Were you sleeping at the height of project fear mk1
Old 12-01-2019, 10:49   #6205
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

At the end of the day, May has a little more than she did last year. Whether it's enough to sway the vote, time will tell, but she can say she's tried. Junker can also face up to his stakeholders in the event of a no-deal Brexit and say he went the extra kilometre to try and prevent it happening.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Quote:
Were you sleeping at the height of project fear mk1
I think ianch99 meant none of them were told by the Leave Campaigns.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 12-01-2019 at 10:50. Reason: Correct ian's name
Old 12-01-2019, 12:19   #6206
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think ianch99 meant none of them were told by the Leave Campaigns.
Thank you Andrew ..
Old 12-01-2019, 12:26   #6207
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

In view of the warnings about a hard brexit who is stockpiling and what are you stockpiling?

I'm not sure whether to do so as lack of space will be my issue. I just hope that the medication I'm prescribed will still be available.I'm already having trouble with one product..
Old 12-01-2019, 12:38   #6208
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
In view of the warnings about a hard brexit who is stockpiling and what are you stockpiling?

I'm not sure whether to do so as lack of space will be my issue. I just hope that the medication I'm prescribed will still be available.I'm already having trouble with one product..
I always stockpile tinned/preserved and dried food at this time of year ready to stock up the food cupboards on my boat so if we have shortages i'll be semi prepared,and there's
always rabbits /pigeons etc to shoot.

i think i have most of the country's supply of lamb chops in the freezer
Old 12-01-2019, 12:51   #6209
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post

Erm yes it was said there could be issues, it was still worth the risk because I wanted to leave the totally corrupted EU. 90% of the World Future Trade growth, sounds a lot better than a declining 10% economic bubble, that will be the EU.

However, Pierre has repeatedly stated he voted Remain. But unlike you, respects the Democratic result.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:52   #6210
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Article 50 will need extended even if Theresa May wins the vote.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8723281.html

Quote:
The government must pass a series of bills including those relating to trade, immigration and agriculture to ensure the country has the legislative framework in place come Brexit day.
Closed Thread