Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2019, 18:09   #3061
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I'm an ignorant remainer that certainly wishes for it
What so you can lose again and then demand another ?
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2019, 18:12   #3062
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Bring on another Referendum - Brexit Party trounced all the other parties no problem, including Lib Dems who ran on a stop Brexit campaign. They were just short of 2 million votes from Brexit Party.

Peston tweeted a graph before that if the European Election results were repeated at a General Election, Brexit Party would have a Majority government, they would have 414 Seats in Parliament. Bring on GE or bring on Second Referendum, we'll teach these ignorant Remainers that refuse to accept the result that the UK wants to leave and we have not changed our minds and never will!

Becareful what you wish for haha!!!

https://twitter.com/itvpeston/status...64912713867265
You might have changed your mind on a second referendum but I haven't. But I think you're weakening your arguments with the term "ignorant Remainers". Whilst I don't agree with a second referendum as things stand, I respect the views of those who want one be they leavers or remainers.
Old 30-05-2019, 18:15   #3063
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
If you wish to ignore the democratic decision from 2016, like "some" Remainers do - then you are ignorant.
I believe (not want) a second referendum is fair based on the knowledge we now have compared to 2016. I'm not ignorant, my opinion is just different from yours.

Or

You're an ignorant leaver who at all costs wants to possibly destroy this country simply because you hate the EU.

Pick which one, it's your choice.
Old 30-05-2019, 18:27   #3064
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You might have changed your mind on a second referendum but I haven't. But I think you're weakening your arguments with the term "ignorant Remainers". Whilst I don't agree with a second referendum as things stand, I respect the views of those who want one be they leavers or remainers.
Don't try take moral high ground all of a sudden.

Us Brexiteers have been chastised multiple times on here and usually by the same posters.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I believe (not want) a second referendum is fair based on the knowledge we now have compared to 2016. I'm not ignorant, my opinion is just different from yours.

Or

You're an ignorant leaver who at all costs wants to possibly destroy this country simply because you hate the EU.

Pick which one, it's your choice.
A second referendum is not fair - it's just an attempt by Remainers to undo the first one. But I do welcome one now that I have a very strong feeling, leave would win again. But you lot would still stamp your feet and demand another when you lose yet again.

The knowledge we have now is no different to what we had in 2016, I don't think you should start bringing up this rubbish and very weak argument again. It holds no weight to it at all.

If you want to believe the crap about leaving the EU destroying this country, then more fool you for believing that rubbish.

You are also conveniently forgetting that The Brexit Party won more votes than any other "Stop Brexit" party, but then Remainers thought they were trying to be clever by totalling up all the votes for the Remain parties until, I provided the totals tally for Leave parties that showed there were far more votes for leave.

Fancy leave winning again despite an erroneous claim that we know more now than we did back then - this is and remains a false narrative.
Old 30-05-2019, 18:31   #3065
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:

Us Brexiteers have been chastised multiple times on here and usually by the same posters.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

A second referendum is not fair - it's just an attempt by Remainers to undo the first one. But I do welcome one now that I have a very strong feeling, leave would win again. But you lot would still stamp your feet and demand another when you lose yet again.

The knowledge we have now is no different to what we had in 2016, I don't think you should start bringing up this rubbish and very weak argument again. It holds no weight to it at all.

If you want to believe the crap about leaving the EU destroying this country, then more fool you for believing that rubbish.

You are also conveniently forgetting that The Brexit Party won more votes than any other "Stop Brexit" party, but then Remainers thought they were trying to be clever by totalling up all the votes for the Remain parties until, I provided the totals tally for Leave parties that showed there were far more votes for leave.

Fancy leave winning again despite an erroneous claim that we know more now than we did back then - this is and remains a false narrative.
I gave you a choice. I'm not ignorant or you're ignorant. My answer to you is I'm not ignorant for believing a second referendum is fair. If you want to believe I'm ignorant then you choose the second option of you being ignorant. That was your choice, not mine.
Old 30-05-2019, 18:31   #3066
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I, for one, welcome Mick’s change of heart on a second referendum.

Quote:
Bring on another Referendum
Old 30-05-2019, 18:42   #3067
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I, for one, welcome Mick’s change of heart on a second referendum.
There is no change of heart, I think calls for a second referendum are repulsive, I am merely saying that should UK be put through one again - Leave would win again, the issue I have is that you Remainers would then demand another, you know make the best of 5...
Old 30-05-2019, 18:51   #3068
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
There is no change of heart, I think calls for a second referendum are repulsive, I am merely saying that should UK be put through one again - Leave would win again, the issue I have is that you Remainers would then demand another, you know make the best of 5...
I’ve repeated many times I’d have no issues if leave won another referendum. All of the alleged weaknesses of the 2016 one are gone with another.

The straightforward answer to bitter remainers after a further referendum would be “tough shit”. You lost a clear leave/remain question, twice. In full awareness of facts. It also gives MPs the way to avoid blame with the electorate if it does go badly - they are carrying out a clearly mandated instruction in full knowledge that “no deal” is a likely outcome.

The 2016 referendum will never legitimately achieve the above.
Old 30-05-2019, 19:04   #3069
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

People aren't chastising one another, they're engaging in debate. You may not agree with them but it would make for a boring forum if everyone did. Let's all respect one another's opinions and go easy on unhelpful adjectives like ignorant.
Old 30-05-2019, 19:06   #3070
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’ve repeated many times I’d have no issues if leave won another referendum. All of the alleged weaknesses of the 2016 one are gone with another.

The straightforward answer to bitter remainers after a further referendum would be “tough shit”. You lost a clear leave/remain question, twice. In full awareness of facts. It also gives MPs the way to avoid blame with the electorate if it does go badly - they are carrying out a clearly mandated instruction in full knowledge that “no deal” is a likely outcome.

The 2016 referendum will never legitimately achieve the above.
There are no weaknesses of the first referendum - the campaigns on both sides played by the same rules - they both lied to get votes and it would happen again in another campaign in yet another referendum.

It shouldn't take two rounds of votes, well, actually three, actually four, to be precise, to deliver a clear decision and that was to leave. (2016 Referendum, Snap Election and Euro Elections just gone and any potential new referendum).
Old 30-05-2019, 19:07   #3071
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
If you wish to ignore the democratic decision from 2016, like "some" Remainers do - then you are ignorant.
ignore - refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally

ignorant - lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated

Nah ..
Old 30-05-2019, 19:10   #3072
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
There are no weaknesses of the first referendum - the campaigns on both sides played by the same rules - they both lied to get votes and it would happen again in another campaign in yet another referendum.

It shouldn't take two rounds of votes, well, actually three, actually four, to be precise, to deliver a clear decision and that was to leave. (2016 Referendum, Snap Election and Euro Elections just gone).
We wouldn't need another campaign if there was another referendum. Simple leave or remain question.
Old 30-05-2019, 19:18   #3073
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
We wouldn't need another campaign if there was another referendum. Simple leave or remain question.
You cannot have a democratic process without some form of campaigning.
Old 30-05-2019, 19:18   #3074
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
We wouldn't need another campaign if there was another referendum.
"Need" is irrelevant, another referendum would come with another set of campaigns, by both sides.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 30-05-2019, 19:24   #3075
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
You cannot have a democratic process without some form of campaigning.
Of course you can, it's been in the news for 3 years.
Closed Thread