Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | France win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

France win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Old 17-05-2018, 21:21   #16
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I'm sure your support is appreciated by them.
I don't think Premiership players think about anything else other than their next contract. Hence them not giving heart and soul for their country.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2018, 21:45   #17
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I don't think Premiership players think about anything else other than their next contract. Hence them not giving heart and soul for their country.
Rather over generalising there Mr K l see.
Old 18-05-2018, 10:52   #18
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Rather over generalising there Mr K l see.
No, I think he has it about right considering the amount of foreign players who ply their trade in the best richest league in the world
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 12:44   #19
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
No, I think he has it about right considering the amount of foreign players who ply their trade in the best richest league in the world
And you are saying those foreign players like ours don't give their.heart and soul for their country?.
Old 18-05-2018, 14:13   #20
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I've no idea . . but IMO players from all nations are chasing the cash (freely given) . . . and there are a few shocks concerning world cup qualifications
Old 18-05-2018, 16:22   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I've no idea . . but IMO players from all nations are chasing the cash (freely given) . . . and there are a few shocks concerning world cup qualifications
Now what would you do in their shoes if you were offered better wages?.
Old 19-05-2018, 00:16   #22
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Now what would you do in their shoes if you were offered better wages?.
It's boots, not shoes

But yes I see your point about wages, however being one of the highest earners doesn't - shouldn't - mean you're a shoe in (see what I did there) for a place in the England team, as some seem to expect.
Old 02-06-2018, 20:11   #23
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I don't watch much Premiership football but is that the best we have? I've seen better in non-league. That Harold Kane can hit a ball, but what's with the diving Stirling bloke? Since when did we do that? Don't think Tunisia have much to fear.
Old 02-06-2018, 20:35   #24
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I don't watch much Premiership football but is that the best we have? I've seen better in non-league. That Harold Kane can hit a ball, but what's with the diving Stirling bloke? Since when did we do that? Don't think Tunisia have much to fear.
Forever the pessimist l see Mr K.
Old 06-06-2018, 23:04   #25
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

So aye, remember previous threads in which it was noted that it was comical to award a racist country the right to host a world cup. Well only now are the media starting to board the bandwagon. Now it's suddenly an issue. You couldn't make it up. What? Wasn't it a problem in the years we've had to rectify this?

What did the removal of Blatter and his cronies solve? As far as I'm aware FIFA is as corrupt now as it was then. It needed massive reform from top to bottom and it got none of that. Replaced idiots with idiots.

I would massively get behind the idea that any racially abused team just walks off and takes the tournament suspension, watch the bubble burst when numerous teams just come home. Maybe FIFA will get the message. We apparently can't do anything about Qatar too because of legal ramifications. So the 1200+ people that have died building infrastructure via slave labour can just continue meaning a nothing number.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:14   #26
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Racism was a issue long before Russia ever bid for the world cup as those attitudes are pretty endemic in Russian society adzii and have been for as long as l know.
Old 12-06-2018, 22:39   #27
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Ooof, just got my Radio Times World Cup wall chart !

Remember my first World Cup wall chart (still have it !) - 1978 - you had to put stickers of the countries flags for each fixture. Very exciting. Just Scotland that year of course, had plenty of Saltire flag stickers left over at the end of the tournament ! (they beat the Netherlands, but lost to Peru, idiots !)
Old 12-06-2018, 23:14   #28
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
What did the removal of Blatter and his cronies solve? As far as I'm aware FIFA is as corrupt now as it was then. It needed massive reform from top to bottom and it got none of that. Replaced idiots with idiots.
We need to see how the next World Cup bid is done to judge I think
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 05:48   #29
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Ooof, just got my Radio Times World Cup wall chart !

Remember my first World Cup wall chart (still have it !) - 1978 - you had to put stickers of the countries flags for each fixture. Very exciting. Just Scotland that year of course, had plenty of Saltire flag stickers left over at the end of the tournament ! (they beat the Netherlands, but lost to Peru, idiots !)
l remember the 1978 World Cup Mr K as did not Scotland lose to Peru and then beat the Dutch masters with the goal of the tournament from Archie Gemmill.
Old 13-06-2018, 12:25   #30
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Nothing like throwing your dummy out of the pram..

https://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...petegui/148867

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44467548