Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Super hub and ipad (1) connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Super hub and ipad (1) connection

Old 24-10-2012, 18:09   #1
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack
Super hub and ipad (1) connection

Hi guys.

Quick question if anyone can help..My son is having problems getting a net connection on his i pad 1 using wireless on the superhub..

the i pad can detect and connect to my network ok,and the superhub detects the i pad ok..

he has a good wifi connection on the i pad with the hub but is unable to connect to the web for some reason..no online application on the i pad can connect online.

in the network settings on the i pad the home network is established and the connection is there and connected fine with good signal strength,but as i said unable to go any further than that..

no problems with my wifi as far as i know as the laptop is able to connect to the superhub with no probs.that is a windows laptop btw..

thanks guys if anyone can help..
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-10-2012, 13:22   #2
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Super hub and ipad (1) connection

try setting a static IP on the ipad, the superhub does struggle with apple devices for some reason
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 14:27   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Sorry to hear about the OP's problem, but my SH has no problems attaching to the 3 iPads, two iPhones, and the iTouch in our house, so a "one size fits all answer" isn't very helpful.....

What browser is your son using? Can I suggest he tries Chrome for the iPad?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the hub (I know, the old "switch off and switch back on again" trope - but it sometimes works).

If that doesn't work, try the "forget" option on the iPad Wifi connection, then reconnect it.

hth
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 19:57   #4
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

I've had this with iPads before.

What's the MTU setting on your router? If it's 1492 change it to 1500, or if it's 1500 - try 1492.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:56   #5
timmy toad
cf.member

Services: PlusNet phone and internet, Freesat and Freeview
timmy toad is on a distinguished roadtimmy toad is on a distinguished road

So, what happened ?. Which of the fixes worked, i would like to know please, because i might be faced with the same problem !!!!! At Christmas, a lady i know might be getting an iPad in her stocking !, to hopefully replace her ancient Dell PC Tower

Tim
timmy toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:11   #6
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

Again, no prob here with iPad1, iPad2 &iPhone 4S connecting without problem. Try powering off iPad by holding power button down until slider appears then slide to power down. Wait until little circle stops before powering back up.
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57   #7
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
try setting a static IP on the ipad, the superhub does struggle with apple devices for some reason
Probably because Apple devices spam crap tons of non-standards compliant rogue data over every network they connect to (and routinely steals other people's IP addresses).

Confuses the hell out of high end Cisco and HP managed enterprise networks, let alone a poor Superhub.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

No, it doesn't - for some people, it may.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote