Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 10:35   #4621
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Not as corrupt as the Remain campaign, who told many many lies and tried to portray this apocalyptic state, right after the leave vote.

They were just campaigns - I and along with millions of others did not need any influence to make my vote to leave the EU, the actual reason I voted to leave the EU, is because I do actually want to leave the corrupted EU!!!

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Yawn - You really do have this habit of posting links, in poor defense of the EU.

I have no intention of visiting them - because guess what ?

NOT interested in reading about folk who won't have any jurisdiction in the UK, once democracy is respected and we do actually leave the EU in it's entirety.
Typical Leaver response. Not remotely interested in anything that might challenge their beliefs.

I, on the other hand, am interested to hear about any concrete benefits to leaving the EU, but I do require some evidence they are likely to happen. Unfortunately, I have seen none, since before June 2016. I would argue there is none, because if there were, Theresa May would be using it to bolster her chances and her government, but she isn't.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Quote:
As for your point about Public opinion changing, that is FAKE NEWS.
The best way to determine that is to have a referendum, with honest campaigns run on all sides.

Oddly, the leavers seem to be the ones that have a problem with that.
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2018, 10:42   #4622
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Typical Leaver response. Not remotely interested in anything that might challenge their beliefs.

I, on the other hand, am interested to hear about any concrete benefits to leaving the EU, but I do require some evidence they are likely to happen. Unfortunately, I have seen none, since before June 2016. I would argue there is none, because if there were, Theresa May would be using it to bolster her chances and her government, but she isn't.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

The best way to determine that is to have a referendum, with honest campaigns run on all sides.

Oddly, the leavers seem to be the ones that have a problem with that.
Yes because we already bloody had one FFS!!!

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Quote:
Typical response nothing - Maybe because I have made my mind up and no-one will ever change it. I want to leave the cancerous EU and that will never change or go away, you are very naive thinking if Brexit is stopped that us Brexiteers will just ride along - you've seen the Paris uprising - it will happen here, all because of selfish, anti-democratic people like you !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart
We already had a referendum, how many do you want until you pathetically get the result you want ?
Old 10-12-2018, 10:47   #4623
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Yawn - You really do have this habit of posting links, in poor defense of the EU.

I have no intention of visiting them - because guess what ?

NOT interested in reading about folk who won't have any jurisdiction in the UK, once democracy is respected and we do actually leave the EU in it's entirety.
So you're not willing or able to answer my question on your allegations of corruption in the ECJ?

I posted the links in this case to help in singling out the corrupt judges in case a reminder was needed of who they are.

Posting references or citations (in this case links) has been drilled in to me as part of academic rigour for years and as a concept has been around since the time of Euclid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_citation )
Old 10-12-2018, 10:48   #4624
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

I, on the other hand, am interested to hear about any concrete benefits to leaving the EU, but I do require some evidence they are likely to happen. Unfortunately, I have seen none, since before June 2016. I would argue there is none, because if there were, Theresa May would be using it to bolster her chances and her government, but she isn't
The only benefit to some people is a reduction in EU immigration but of course there are more non-EU citizens arriving here so overall it nearly remains the same as it was before.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...most-six-years

Quote:
Net migration from the EU to the UK has slumped to a six-year low, while non-EU migration is the highest in more than a decade, according to new data issued by the Office for National Statistics.
Quote:
The data suggests non-EU net migration is more than three times the level of EU net migration. Overall, net long-term international migration was 273,000. This is down from the record levels of about 330,000 two years ago, but still almost three times the government’s target of less than 100,000.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50   #4625
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
So you're not willing or able to answer my question on your allegations of corruption in the ECJ?

I posted the links in this case to help in singling out the corrupt judges in case a reminder was needed of who they are.

Posting references or citations (in this case links) has been drilled in to me as part of academic rigour for years and as a concept has been around since the time of Euclid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_citation )
Ignorance is bliss isn't it.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:52   #4626
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

I, on the other hand, am interested to hear about any concrete benefits to leaving the EU, but I do require some evidence they are likely to happen. Unfortunately, I have seen none, since before June 2016. I would argue there is none, because if there were, Theresa May would be using it to bolster her chances and her government, but she isn't
Leaving the EU will of course be the great panacea to end all our great ills and suddenly we will return to the great land of milk and honey and the days of empire and great influence in the world.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:55   #4627
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

*non-EU migration is the highest in more than a decade*

nothing to do with all the 'refugees' being taken in then? or are they classed as 'EU migration' because they traveled through numerous 'safe' countries to get here?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:12   #4628
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf;35974488[B
]Is it because your head is lodged firmly up somewhere sound proof?[/B]

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Gollum star Andy Serkis releases hilarious Brexit deal parody of Theresa May

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...eases-13711513

I couldn’t fit in, as your head was blocking the way...

Any examples of Remainers calling people traitors, enemies of the state, or saying "string them up" would be useful to prove me wrong - always willing to accept evidence showing me to be wrong, as we all learn from our mistakes.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
*non-EU migration is the highest in more than a decade*

nothing to do with all the 'refugees' being taken in then? or are they classed as 'EU migration' because they traveled through numerous 'safe' countries to get here?
No, because EU migration only counts EU citizens.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:21   #4629
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Typical response nothing - Maybe because I have made my mind up and no-one will ever change it. I want to leave the cancerous EU and that will never change or go away, you are very naive thinking if Brexit is stopped that us Brexiteers will just ride along - you've seen the Paris uprising - it will happen here, all because of selfish, anti-democratic people like you !!!
Still the same typical response, just phrased differently. As for the Paris uprising, are you sure? There was a major Pro-brexit protest yesterday in Central London. Apparently 3,000 pro-brexiters turned up. 15,000 anti-brexiters turned up. OK, so the weather was nicer in the summer, when 700,000 people turned up to the anti-brexit march, but surely the future of the country is a little more important than the weather?

Quote:
We already had a referendum, how many do you want until you pathetically get the result you want ?
So? We had a referendum in 1973 asking if we wanted to join the EU. Doesn't meant people didn't change their minds. Besides, since when has asking for a referendum for something been anti democratic? I just want people to have the choice, and be able to vote based on accurate information. Giving people a choice is surely the very essence of democracy? Denying them that choice because it may go against what you want is anti-democratic.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:31   #4630
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Snip.
Stop trying to invoke division with questions on who called who what and who started it. It is irrelevant to the topic of discussion.

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Quote:
Still the same typical response, just phrased differently. As for the Paris uprising, are you sure? There was a major Pro-brexit protest yesterday in Central London. Apparently 3,000 pro-brexiters turned up. 15,000 anti-brexiters turned up. OK, so the weather was nicer in the summer, when 700,000 people turned up to the anti-brexit march, but surely the future of the country is a little more important than the weather?
700,000 or 30,000 is that all that could be mustered up - come back when you can beat 17.4 Million and stop bloody saying typical, my views are MY own, if you do not like that - tough luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart
So? We had a referendum in 1973 asking if we wanted to join the EU. Doesn't meant people didn't change their minds. Besides, since when has asking for a referendum for something been anti democratic? I just want people to have the choice, and be able to vote based on accurate information. Giving people a choice is surely the very essence of democracy? Denying them that choice because it may go against what you want is anti-democratic.
No the losers vote is just that, you want to overturn the democratic result because you, the "spoilt brat" inside you and a large number of Remainers, did not like the result so you want another.

We had a choice and people voted to leave the EU.

And the naivety if you think accurate information will be passed around in more divisive campaigns it will just be a re-run of the lies from both sides.

We had a referendum - the UK voted to leave the EU and leave we must.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:42   #4631
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

No vote tomorrow. The Government cannot govern.

Tick tock.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:48   #4632
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

Tick tock.
Utterly inevitable given if there was a vote it would be catastrophic for Theresa May and her minority government.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:49   #4633
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

Tick tock.
Quote:
Laura Kuenssberg @bbclaurak
42s seconds ago
Two cabinet sources tell me vote being pulled - not, repeat not, yet officially confirmed
Old 10-12-2018, 11:49   #4634
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Utterly inevitable given if there was a vote it would be catastrophic for Theresa May and her minority government.

Quote:
Ian Wishart

@IanWishart

Bloomberg's @TimRoss_1 reporting that the PM has called off tomorrow's vote.

11:33 AM - Dec 10, 2018
Old 10-12-2018, 11:55   #4635
Mick
Cable Forum Team

It's pretty shambolic all this - lots of conflicting information saying vote is going ahead and then it is not but it's now crystal clear, Downing Street no longer knows what Downing Street is doing.
Closed Thread