Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

Old 13-11-2020, 20:21   #61
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Because you seem to have every excuse under the sun.

The simple answer is leave VM. You've been told that for years. Yet it's like rinse and repeat in Richard world. You get bad service, you complain on here, people try to help, you throw every excuse back, your contract runs out and as if by magic, you get such a brilliant deal, better than anyone can get and you sign back up for another 12 months.

Though for reasons, I'll keep out of here, I personally can't believe some things that come out of your mouth.

What happened to the person you knew that was high up in VM?
Provide examples to back up your claim. I have never divulged what I pay for services, so that's a load of crap. Virgin Media no longer do 12 month contracts AFAIK.

You have two choices as to what you believe.

Your final question has been covered and I don't intend to repeat myself.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2020, 20:22   #62
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

I have never had bad experiences with VM customer services. Maybe the customer services teams are different according to where you live. That's the only thing I can think of.

Even when having to contact them in the evening and being put through to an Indian call centre, an IT problem I was having was resolved in 15 minutes. I did find it difficult to understand what he was saying because of his very strong Indian accent, but we got through it and he came up trumps.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 20:25   #63
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have never had bad experiences with VM customer services. Maybe the customer services teams are different according to where you live. That's the only thing I can think of.

Even when having to contact them in the evening and being put through to an Indian call centre, an IT problem I was having was resolved in 15 minutes. I did find it difficult to understand what he was saying because of his very strong Indian accent, but we got through it and he came up trumps.
Yes, one of the incidents of good customer service that I had was with that overseas call centre. He spoke very good English which helped enormously.
Old 13-11-2020, 20:52   #64
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, one of the incidents of good customer service that I had was with that overseas call centre. He spoke very good English which helped enormously.
Well foreigners do speak better English than the English..
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 21:00   #65
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Replacement of faulty V6 with no problems . Thank you seems to go along way
Old 13-11-2020, 21:23   #66
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Replacement of faulty V6 with no problems . Thank you seems to go along way
I've already thanked Ofcom, they've been an invaluable help to me.
Old 13-11-2020, 21:33   #67
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Provide examples to back up your claim. I have never divulged what I pay for services, so that's a load of crap. Virgin Media no longer do 12 month contracts AFAIK.

You have two choices as to what you believe.

Your final question has been covered and I don't intend to repeat myself.
Examples of what? You complaining on here? I never said you did divulge what you personally pay but you have stated you've received good offers. So it's not a load of crap at all as I never said what you thought I did.

Oh your get out clause of that's been covered, silly me.

Anyway, just a little research kind of shows what I'm talking about.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33706664

4/8/18

"Once again, as has been explained to you on numerous occasions, I am still in contract and VM will not allow me to leave without penalty. It now appears that if I downgrade that they may try to force me to stay with them for even longer."

From the same thread came this.

"My intention would be to move down to the Player package, but if they're going to start playing games i'll cancel altogether as other TV suppliers are better and/or cheaper, I can do without a landline and I can get cheaper slower BB which would suit me fine."

And this.

"It would take a very large leap of faith to think that you would be able to find the correct information by doing that. You're lucky if they understand what your saying and vice versa with that foreign call centre.

Like I said earlier, you probably have more chance of finding out the correct answer by calling Tesco!"

Yet on the 22/3/19 you wrote this.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33707517

"Last month I negotiated a discounted deal for TV and accepted a further 12 month contract."

On the 19/2/20 you are now back complaining about them again.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...ight=Good+deal

"Customer service has always been mainly bad at VM, however, alately it's become abysmal.

I had problems with one of our commercial contracts and, after getting nowhere with their offshore call centre staff, I wrote to their new CEO. At one time, this would have produced results, but this time it took over a month to simply receive a holding reply.

When the reply was received, it simply referred me to the deadlock letter & their regulator (the foreign employees hadn't even investigated the salient point of my complaint, in fact, i'm not convinced that they even understood what I was telling them), so it seems that they no longer care and just do as the banks seem to do ie they don't investigate issues properly and just wave people away to the regulator.

This particular contract expires in June, so as well as making a complaint to CISAS, it won't be being renewed. Everything that you've mentioned I can relate to and more eg missed appointments, not being kept informed, phone calls not returned, rude staff or staff rhat can barely speak English etc etc."

Like I said, it's rinse and repeat. You complain about them, then negotiate a good deal and the complain again. It's littered throughout your posts on here throughout the years.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 21:48   #68
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Examples of what? You complaining on here? I never said you did divulge what you personally pay but you have stated you've received good offers. So it's not a load of crap at all as I never said what you thought I did.

4/8/18

"Once again, as has been explained to you on numerous occasions, I am still in contract and VM will not allow me to leave without penalty. It now appears that if I downgrade that they may try to force me to stay with them for even longer."

"My intention would be to move down to the Player package, but if they're going to start playing games i'll cancel altogether as other TV suppliers are better and/or cheaper, I can do without a landline and I can get cheaper slower BB which would suit me fine."

And this.

"It would take a very large leap of faith to think that you would be able to find the correct information by doing that. You're lucky if they understand what your saying and vice versa with that foreign call centre.

Like I said earlier, you probably have more chance of finding out the correct answer by calling Tesco!"

"Last month I negotiated a discounted deal for TV and accepted a further 12 month contract."

"Customer service has always been mainly bad at VM, however, alately it's become abysmal.

I had problems with one of our commercial contracts and, after getting nowhere with their offshore call centre staff, I wrote to their new CEO. At one time, this would have produced results, but this time it took over a month to simply receive a holding reply.

When the reply was received, it simply referred me to the deadlock letter & their regulator (the foreign employees hadn't even investigated the salient point of my complaint, in fact, i'm not convinced that they even understood what I was telling them), so it seems that they no longer care and just do as the banks seem to do ie they don't investigate issues properly and just wave people away to the regulator.

This particular contract expires in June, so as well as making a complaint to CISAS, it won't be being renewed. Everything that you've mentioned I can relate to and more eg missed appointments, not being kept informed, phone calls not returned, rude staff or staff rhat can barely speak English etc etc."

Like I said, it's rinse and repeat. You complain about them, then negotiate a good deal and the complain again. It's littered throughout your posts on here throughout the years.

I honestly don't know why you bothered/took the time to reply.The person in question is without a doubt a total Bellend .Banging your head against a freshly painted drywall would be more fun/productive
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 22:10   #69
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

4/8/18

And this.

Try again. I was referring to the 'every excuse under the sun' comment in relation to help offered to me on here.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post
I honestly don't know why you bothered/took the time to reply.The person in question is without a doubt a total Bellend .Banging your head against a freshly painted drywall would be more fun/productive
I totally agree, it was a waste of his/her time.

Explain why you have chosen to insult me instead of engaging in a reasonable adult debate. Simply insulting people effectively shows that you have no argument to put forward, though you have form for this.
Old 13-11-2020, 22:28   #70
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarandjo View Post
I'm very polite with customer service people, I recognise they're just doing their job and whatever complaint I have isn't their fault.

I've been a customer for years and years, and had the same experience as you, the support has always sorted out any complaint I had and I've always had a technician within a few days.

No complaints, until COVID happened, then Virgin's customer service went off a cliff. Since then they've used it as an excuse to provide woeful customer service.
Unfortunately VIrgin aren't the only company hiding behind Covid as an excuse for poor customer service.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 22:36   #71
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Try again. I was referring to the 'every excuse under the sun' comment in relation to help offered to me on here.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

I totally agree, it was a waste of his/her time.

Explain why you have chosen to insult me instead of engaging in a reasonable adult debate. Simply insulting people effectively shows that you have no argument to put forward, though you have form for this.
Oh right.

27/10/20

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33709457

"Live Chat looks to have been taken off, so i'm going to have to order a phone online as that seems to be the only way to contact them. Even when the phone arrives i've read horrendous tales of being left on hold for over an hour and then cut off!"

13/11/20

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3709497&page=4

"What 'excuses' are you referring to? I don't need a new phone, as I said it is in for repair."

In reply to someone saying register on the VM Community forums -

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3709457&page=2

"Thanks, i'll join if I can't get through when my new phone arrives. Is it possible that the internal fans have stopped working, so it's overheating each time? I'm sure I read somewhere that a warning screen comes up though if it overheats (which hasn't happened)."

You never did take up that option of joining the VM Community forums, yet still carried on complaining.

"The guy I knew that worked there has now moved on. I've already had a really good deal put in place as part of an an out of court settlement for the issues I suffered after a data breach. When it's sorted, I will expect to be compensated for the loss of service though."

Oh he moved on? Surprise, someone mentions another avenue you could go down, but it doesn't exist anymore. Oh look, a really good deal, I shall stay with VM even though they are terrible.

In reply to someone asking why you've passed it to ofcom.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3709457&page=4

"I can't get through & they are ignoring my attempts to message them. They are aware that I am a vulnerable customer because of disability and they're not complying with the conduct expected by Ofcom or their own policies.

Hopefully this will get things sorted now."

Funnily enough, you didn't even try the VM Community forums someone suggested.

What makes this even more laughable is this comment.

"After the weekend I will be seeking recompense for how I was treated."

Because I'm sure as hell you'll find someway of communicating a discount with them. It's a wonder they aren't paying you for taking their services the amount of discounts and compensation you get. Mind I did say that I can't believe some things that come out of your mouth. It's a bit suspect that one of the easiest ways of getting things sorted with VM is by using their community forums, but then that leaves a paper trail for want of better words.
Old 13-11-2020, 22:39   #72
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
There are now loads of people complaining about VM customer service
https://www.petitiononline.uk/disgra..._media_service
Loads?

More people have signed 'Keep Country Music on BBC Radio Norfolk' in a shorter time than the VM one.

spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 23:04   #73
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Oh right.

27/10/20

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33709457

"Live Chat looks to have been taken off, so i'm going to have to order a phone online as that seems to be the only way to contact them. Even when the phone arrives i've read horrendous tales of being left on hold for over an hour and then cut off!"

13/11/20

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3709497&page=4

"What 'excuses' are you referring to? I don't need a new phone, as I said it is in for repair."

In reply to someone saying register on the VM Community forums -

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3709457&page=2

"Thanks, i'll join if I can't get through when my new phone arrives. Is it possible that the internal fans have stopped working, so it's overheating each time? I'm sure I read somewhere that a warning screen comes up though if it overheats (which hasn't happened)."

You never did take up that option of joining the VM Community forums, yet still carried on complaining.

"The guy I knew that worked there has now moved on. I've already had a really good deal put in place as part of an an out of court settlement for the issues I suffered after a data breach. When it's sorted, I will expect to be compensated for the loss of service though."

Oh he moved on? Surprise, someone mentions another avenue you could go down, but it doesn't exist anymore. Oh look, a really good deal, I shall stay with VM even though they are terrible.

In reply to someone asking why you've passed it to ofcom.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3709457&page=4

"I can't get through & they are ignoring my attempts to message them. They are aware that I am a vulnerable customer because of disability and they're not complying with the conduct expected by Ofcom or their own policies.

Hopefully this will get things sorted now."

Funnily enough, you didn't even try the VM Community forums someone suggested.

What makes this even more laughable is this comment.

"After the weekend I will be seeking recompense for how I was treated."

Because I'm sure as hell you'll find someway of communicating a discount with them. It's a wonder they aren't paying you for taking their services the amount of discounts and compensation you get. Mind I did say that I can't believe some things that come out of your mouth. It's a bit suspect that one of the easiest ways of getting things sorted with VM is by using their community forums, but then that leaves a paper trail for want of better words.
Meaningless drivel.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
Loads?

More people have signed 'Keep Country Music on BBC Radio Norfolk' in a shorter time than the VM one.

I'm referring to Twitter, Facebook, review sites, their own community forum etc- take a look on there. They also came bottom in the Ofcom league table.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 13-11-2020 at 23:12.
Old 13-11-2020, 23:05   #74
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Meaningless drivel.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

I'm referring to Twitter, Facebook, review sites and their own community forum- take a look on there.
Brilliant, you do crack me up sometimes. I've posted exactly what you asked for though.
Old 13-11-2020, 23:10   #75
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Brilliant, you do crack me up sometimes. I've posted exactly what you asked for though.
I'm going to close this conversation now as you have a penchant for being vexatious, not making much sense and then going on and on and on and on. It's boring for others to read and I should have known better than to indulge you in the first place.