Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

Old 11-11-2020, 14:20   #16
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
Is it really 4 weeks? You notified this forum that it first occured on 26th October. Have you managed to get a phone line yet Richard? You still haven't tried the Community Forum.

From 25th October https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...20&postcount=1

From 27th October

From DS 5th November - post 6658
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-channels/p267
TBF this year does time even exist?
Old 11-11-2020, 14:49   #17
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

I just called VM customer services about my tv package and it took <2 minutes to speak to somebody in the UK.

It seems Mr Coulter has now been asked at least twice why he has not posted on the Community forums where tech support is available - on both occasions the reply gave no reason ??

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

How did you manage that if VM will not take phone calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
called up virgin media retentions and got like 25 quid off my bill. probably could have got more but the lady was foreign (excellent english mind i just thought explaining "hey....not good enough may lead to me losing everything) but didnt want to push my luck and im generally a coward anyway so i thought it was a win.

Last edited by ozsat; 11-11-2020 at 14:57.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 15:06   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
TBF this year does time even exist?
Lockdown boredom? Who would bother to do all that and why, just to try and trip up a Neuro diverse person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I just called VM customer services about my tv package and it took <2 minutes to speak to somebody in the UK.

It seems Mr Coulter has now been asked at least twice why he has not posted on the Community forums where tech support is available - on both occasions the reply gave no reason ??

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

How did you manage that if VM will not take phone calls?
I have given up trying to call them as it gives me too much physical pain and it's now in the hands of Ofcom.

What I want to know is how some people are claiming that they get through straight away, yet review sites, Facebook and their own forum are stuffed full of complaints about being on hold for hours and then sometimes being cut off?

It has already been explained why I haven't joined the VM forum.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 11-11-2020 at 15:10.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 15:10   #19
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I was cut off once - I tried again.

When that didn’t work, I tried the forum - that worked for me.

Could you explain how calling causes you pain, please?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 15:11   #20
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I was cut off once - I tried again.

When that didn’t work, I tried the forum - that worked for me.

Could you explain how calling causes you pain, please?
Disability.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 15:54   #21
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Lockdown boredom? Who would bother to do all that and why, just to try and trip up a Neuro diverse person...

I have given up trying to call them as it gives me too much physical pain and it's now in the hands of Ofcom.

What I want to know is how some people are claiming that they get through straight away, yet review sites, Facebook and their own forum are stuffed full of complaints about being on hold for hours and then sometimes being cut off?

What do you expect OFCOM to do?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 16:11   #22
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

i've got an annoying problem with my tv, the picture gets pixellated now and again, been happening to me and next door for a week or so, i've tried phoning loads, and either get cut off when it gives me the faults url, or am on hold for a stupidly long time so give up, i've tried various times of day, no joy. the diagnostic over the phone makes no difference, and the diagnostic via the fault url often doesn't work, it fails on 100%, or tells me my box isn't plugged in!

i've tried the forums, and have been "helpfuly" told to ring them. someone from virgin said they'd contact me securely to take details, but i'm still waiting.

i guess some people are luckier than others

@Richard - isn't there an sms line you can use if you're unable to phone
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 16:12   #23
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I heard several times that Sky CS have a system where they can block certain numbers from calling in if they find that customer to be a problem customer. Has been abusive or maybe just a regular PIA, etc.

The problem customer only get directed to emails and web help - they will never speak to anyone direct anymore.

I know they do have different routing based on the number calling in - VIPs etc are given priority based on their telephone number.

Mayby VM have this too?

I had a few long delays at the start of the first lockdown - but nothing more than minutes since - even though the recorded message said they were very busy.

Last edited by ozsat; 11-11-2020 at 16:16.
Old 11-11-2020, 16:18   #24
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

lol, i doubt that's true, but if it were I don't think i've had enough problems since I've been with them to be on the naughty list
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 16:18   #25
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Human nature I guess. I didn't post any favourable feedback on social media - well apart from on here and DS 😉 - after calling VM a few weeks ago to renew my contract.

This isn't a dig at you, but customers who don't receive the service they expect or demand are more likely vent their frustrations elsewhere - again human nature.

And as others have mentioned, please don't dismiss their community forum. From what I've seen they do help where they can - which includes arranging engineer visits.
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 16:31   #26
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Disability.
Hearing?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 16:34   #27
ozsat
cf.mega poster

I'm sure when a network fault hits them they will get swamped with calls - but an isolated tv box fault on a normal day should give an fast reply.

The member of staff I spoke to today was still working from home - so things are still not back to normal.

Having lots of problems will not put you on the naughty step - but continual slagging them off in various forums and taking legal action might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
lol, i doubt that's true, but if it were I don't think i've had enough problems since I've been with them to be on the naughty list
Old 11-11-2020, 16:44   #28
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Might it be productive to contact a consumer programme such as R4's "you and yours"? They often get action when other methods fail.

youandyours@bbc.co.uk
Old 11-11-2020, 16:45   #29
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I heard several times that Sky CS have a system where they can block certain numbers from calling in if they find that customer to be a problem customer. Has been abusive or maybe just a regular PIA, etc.

The problem customer only get directed to emails and web help - they will never speak to anyone direct anymore.

I know they do have different routing based on the number calling in - VIPs etc are given priority based on their telephone number.

Mayby VM have this too?

I had a few long delays at the start of the first lockdown - but nothing more than minutes since - even though the recorded message said they were very busy.
I don't think it would work as people can just dial from a different number.

Ultimately, if a company doesn't want to supply a service to a customer then generally it doesn't have to. The exception being those with a universal service obligation like water companies.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Might it be productive to contact a consumer programme such as R4's "you and yours"? They often get action when other methods fail.

youandyours@bbc.co.uk
Good point. Plus newspapers have similar columns too.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 16:45   #30
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Mayby VM have this too?

TBH is SKY ever blocked my number it'd be bye bye SKY, but then again i don't give them reason too i call around once every 18 months to renew contract etc.

Richard maybe try the cancellations department? Imo experience companies soon answer if they think you're leaving.