Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 keeps rebooting literally every 5 minutes.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V6 keeps rebooting literally every 5 minutes.

Old 09-11-2020, 19:03   #46
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: V6 keeps rebooting literally every 5 minutes.

As you seem to have so many problems that most people seemly don't have .Could the problem be you? I had a problem last week ,phone took around 5 minutes new box within 48 hours. As unable to fixed via what ever means they employ. Great service . Ok a bit of pain at the time but these things happen. Smart TV came into its own !!!
Old 09-11-2020, 19:10   #47
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
As you seem to have so many problems that most people seemly don't have .Could the problem be you? I had a problem last week ,phone took around 5 minutes new box within 48 hours. As unable to fixed via what ever means they employ. Great service . Ok a bit of pain at the time but these things happen. Smart TV came into its own !!!
Incorrect, a simple search of the internet (starting with VM's own forum) shows that many customers have problems and are unable to get through. I suppose it depends upon what one is ringing up about, I imagine that new customer signs ups are answered very quickly

If you mean that the HDD is caused by me I don't understand what you're getting at.

Which number did you ring and at what time?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 21:32   #48
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Incorrect, a simple search of the internet (starting with VM's own forum) shows that many customers have problems and are unable to get through. I suppose it depends upon what one is ringing up about, I imagine that new customer signs ups are answered very quickly

If you mean that the HDD is caused by me I don't understand what you're getting at.

Which number did you ring and at what time?
150 no problem with switching out the box. . What I mean is do you "mess a round" with the box settings etc . Live by if it ain't broke don't fix it. You seem to have a disproportionate number of problems with the kit. Could suggest any number of things ,were you place it, is it damp ,etc etc I know you say you have a great deal but really is it worth all the problems you have.if I was you I'd move on ,life is too short

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Around 10 am
Old 09-11-2020, 21:49   #49
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
150 no problem with switching out the box. . What I mean is do you "mess a round" with the box settings etc . Live by if it ain't broke don't fix it. You seem to have a disproportionate number of problems with the kit. Could suggest any number of things ,were you place it, is it damp ,etc etc I know you say you have a great deal but really is it worth all the problems you have.if I was you I'd move on ,life is too short

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Around 10 am
Thanks. No, no I just use it like any average person and it lives under the telly. I don't suppose It's done too badly seeing as i've had it since before the V6 was officially released (about 4 years ago- doesn't seem that long) and it's been in almost constant use ever since.

I might try at 10am, did you get through to a UK person?
Old 09-11-2020, 23:43   #50
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Thanks, but i've now passed it on to Ofcom. They appear to be treating this as just another routine enquiry/complaint and are not affording me the appropriate treatment as a vulnerable person.
You've passed it on to Ofcom, why? I have never known anyone on here who has so much trouble with Virgin apart from you, Richard, does seem a little odd imo.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:16   #51
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
You've passed it on to Ofcom, why? I have never known anyone on here who has so much trouble with Virgin apart from you, Richard, does seem a little odd imo.
I can't get through & they are ignoring my attempts to message them. They are aware that I am a vulnerable customer because of disability and they're not complying with the conduct expected by Ofcom or their own policies.

Hopefully this will get things sorted now.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 10-11-2020 at 01:28.
Old 13-11-2020, 18:58   #52
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

All hail Ofcom!!! After all this time I had a special delivery of a new box today. After the weekend I will be seeking recompense for how I was treated.

Anyone know the procedure for carrying across my settings to the new box (the link in the booklet doesn't work for me)? Also, how do I turn off the channel logos at the left hand side of the EPG?

Thank you.
Old 13-11-2020, 19:08   #53
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

You are going to be disappointed. The transfer of settings/series links hasn't worked for a number of months.

To turn off the logos, using your remote Home > TV Guide > All Channels > press the Green button on your remote > Show Channel Logos > switch to Off > press Green again
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 19:09   #54
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
All hail Ofcom!!! After all this time I had a special delivery of a new box today. After the weekend I will be seeking recompense for how I was treated.

Anyone know the procedure for carrying across my settings to the new box (the link in the booklet doesn't work for me)? Also, how do I turn off the channel logos at the left hand side of the EPG?

Thank you.

Does anything, Richard?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 19:15   #55
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
You are going to be disappointed. The transfer of settings/series links hasn't worked for a number of months.

To turn off the logos, using your remote Home > TV Guide > All Channels > press the Green button on your remote > Show Channel Logos > switch to Off > press Green again
Thanks for letting me know, they really are the Fawlty Towers of the industry. Have they let anyone know about this? There's nothing reoevant on the page to say this, not that I dispute what you say. This will cause me great inconvenience and if I'd have known I could have copied down my settings.

I'll turn off the logos now

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Does anything, Richard?
Not where Virgin Media is concerned no
Old 13-11-2020, 22:39   #56
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
This will cause me great inconvenience and if I'd have known I could have copied down my settings.
Load your old box back up and write them down?

We're awaiting a fix from TiVo for the problem that prevents copying settings. Not that it would have helped you anyway because your old box has been offline for more than two weeks.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 00:34   #57
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Load your old box back up and write them down?

We're awaiting a fix from TiVo for the problem that prevents copying settings. Not that it would have helped you anyway because your old box has been offline for more than two weeks.
Oh that would be excellent, I didn't think my old box would work any more, i'll do that tomorrow. Thanks SP, you're a star
Old 17-11-2020, 22:04   #58
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Spoke to Ofcom today to tidy this up (and other matters) and alls well that ends well.

Thank you to those who posted positive & helpful contributions