Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread

Old 18-06-2020, 10:14   #121
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

I don't like the look of the XSX lying down, but I'm only a one console household so I will have to get used to the PS5, but not planning on buying day one as my Pro is silent and I don't want to start buying £50 games again, my whole digital games purchase over a year is easily less than £100 and would like to keep it that way and still buy great games.
Old 18-06-2020, 10:16   #122
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l think apart from the real hard gamers many will wait a while before they start considering whether to purchase a PS5.
Old 18-06-2020, 10:48   #123
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l think apart from the real hard gamers many will wait a while before they start considering whether to purchase a PS5.
Possibly but we have to remember these new consoles are backwards compatible with the previous generation, some people will still be using day one ps4s and Xbox One's so they may feel it's time for an upgrade.

And the thought of near instant loading is a huge plus, I gave up trying to play The Witcher 3 because the loading was insane, but with the new consoles especially newer games there won't be loading screens.

I will try and refrain from buying to early like I did with my Xbox One, if I had held off I would have come to my senses and got the PS4 far sooner as it was much better, atlleast in my opinion.
Old 18-06-2020, 12:16   #124
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The XSX so far has better backwards compatibility implementation as well as, the smart download thing. If you buy an X1 game and it get a XSX update then you get that version free.

Don't see Sony doing similar. Only had my 4 Pro 15 months. Had my X1 one since 2014 and the 360 since launch.

So for me I'll have a huge Series X catalogue of games, not to mention gamepass.

So may stick with my PS4 Pro for a while longer and get the series X at launch. Makes more sense to me.
Old 18-06-2020, 12:32   #125
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The XSX so far has better backwards compatibility implementation as well as, the smart download thing. If you buy an X1 game and it get a XSX update then you get that version free.

Don't see Sony doing similar. Only had my 4 Pro 15 months. Had my X1 one since 2014 and the 360 since launch.

So for me I'll have a huge Series X catalogue of games, not to mention gamepass.

So may stick with my PS4 Pro for a while longer and get the series X at launch. Makes more sense to me.
Another option is Lockhart for you if it exists?
Old 18-06-2020, 12:42   #126
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I'm sti not sure if that will happen, although I never thought Sony would do an all digital edition of the PS5. So anything is possible I guess.
Old 18-06-2020, 13:12   #127
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I'm sti not sure if that will happen, although I never thought Sony would do an all digital edition of the PS5. So anything is possible I guess.
I wouldn't be surprised if MS do an all digital version of the XSX after the Sony reveal.
Old 20-06-2020, 11:16   #128
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Apparently we will still need a USB dongle sticking out the console for the headset!!!
Old 12-09-2020, 17:31   #129
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

The next PS5 showcase is happening September 16th 9pm BST, more game news and I expect pricing and pre-order info.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09...-september-16/

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

My price guess is £349.99 PS5 DE and £449.99 Disc.
Old 16-09-2020, 23:10   #130
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Pricing confirmed, available November 19.

£359.99 PS5 DE
£449.99 Disc
Old 16-09-2020, 23:29   #131
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Pre orders start tomorrow apparently.
Old 17-09-2020, 00:26   #132
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Pre orders start tomorrow apparently.
Where did you get that info and tomorrow may mean midnight?

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Just seen it on Twitter, so I'll wait until midnight to see if Amazon puts a page up and make a decision.

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

15 free PS4 games available to download via Plus collections for PS5 owners at launch.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/16/2...4-games-titles

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Pre order page now live at Game.
Old 17-09-2020, 01:01   #133
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I take it you will be going for the digital edition?

The Harry Potter game looks amazing but not out till 2021. So does Demon Souls which will be a launch title.

Quote:
PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios

Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
Old 17-09-2020, 01:14   #134
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I take it you will be going for the digital edition?

The Harry Potter game looks amazing but not out till 2021. So does Demon Souls which will be a launch title.
No I'm getting disc version even if I don't use it.

I don't want to order from Game or Smyth's so waiting for Amazon but will have to give up tonight as work at 6am!

Btw Headset is only £90 at Game with console I thought it would be more.
Old 17-09-2020, 02:29   #135
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I was surprised at the price of the 3D headset to be honest.

Not sure whether to wait till next year for more game choice or sell my ps4 Pro now and buy the digital edition.