Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread

Old 12-06-2020, 00:16   #106
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

I think it looks better vertical not sure it would fit my TV stand, someone will work out the dimensions by the morning.
Old 12-06-2020, 00:23   #107
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Looks about the length of 3 discs, based on the disc drive there.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:29   #108
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I quite like the colour scheme, but then I like the Xbox one s being two tone and prefer the White ps4.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:17   #109
cimt

Grain of salt needed. I don't think it'll be that much bigger than the Xbox. That makes the Xbox look tiny, which we know it won't be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20200612-WA0000.jpg (46.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-06-2020, 03:31   #110
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think it's likely the same length as a PS4 Pro.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:57   #111
cimt

I'm using my sizes based off the disc drive on the ps5. It looks like it is about 3 disc drives in length which is 14.3inch and the ps4 pro is 13inch.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:01   #112
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Good grief.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:48   #113
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Grain of salt needed. I don't think it'll be that much bigger than the Xbox. That makes the Xbox look tiny, which we know it won't be.
If these are to scale designs then that is the real size difference, look at the disc drive
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:11   #114
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

It's gopping !!!!!!

Looks like they let Mr. Dyson wreak havoc in the design process
Old 12-06-2020, 21:01   #115
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Estimated height dimensions are 35-36cm! this thing is huge and would have to lie flat on my TV stand!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EaREHicXYAAT62M.jpg (41.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 12-06-2020, 21:13   #116
cimt

Yeah so close to what I guessed based off the drive. It looks better without a drive though. The Pro version will be about the length of the Xbox when that comes out. Oh and the Spiderman game isn't actually a new game. It's an expansion for the PS5 version of Spiderman. Still looks class though.
Old 12-06-2020, 21:22   #117
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I know people are lining up the drive slot and usb but I don't think that works out. Especially when you see the controller looks huge compared to the Series X one, in some of the comparisons where the controllers were left in it.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Yeah so close to what I guessed based off the drive. It looks better without a drive though. The Pro version will be about the length of the Xbox when that comes out. Oh and the Spiderman game isn't actually a new game. It's an expansion for the PS5 version of Spiderman. Still looks class though.
Where did you read it was an expansion? It's a separate game. IE you don't need the other game.
Old 12-06-2020, 21:24   #118
cimt

I worked out roughly how many drives would go across the length of it which is 3, then I looked to see what the length a disc is and multiplied it. That does give an accurate length of it.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Here it says it's an expansion

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-spi...ion-not-sequel

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

OK they've expanded on it now, earlier it just said it was an expansion.
Old 18-06-2020, 00:18   #119
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

A size comparison, i actually really like the look of the PS5 now in this orientation and it would be great if the white parts are customer swappable.

Source: Resetera.com

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
It's gopping !!!!!!

Looks like they let Mr. Dyson wreak havoc in the design process
I love it compared to the Xbox, would like a choice of colours though.
Old 18-06-2020, 03:32   #120
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I think I prefer the look of the XSX.