Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread

Old 17-09-2020, 10:22   #136
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Just ordered disc version from Amazon it took a while for the page to work properly, these will sell out quickly!
Old 17-09-2020, 16:45   #137
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Also got the headset ordered, if I had waited until after work it would not have been possible, first time I have ever pre-ordered a console.
Old 17-09-2020, 19:41   #138
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Here are the official PS5 dimensions, not too bad when compared to my PS4 Pro.

PS5: Approx. 390mm x 104mm(without stand) x 260mm (width x height x depth)

PS4 Pro: 295mm x 55mm x 327mm (width x height x depth)
Old 07-10-2020, 10:54   #139
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Has anyone else Pre Ordered the PS5?
Old 07-10-2020, 11:00   #140
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Has anyone else Pre Ordered the PS5?
l always think its wise for potential buyers to bide their time and wait until the price comes down a bit and all the flaws and bugs have been sorted out.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:06   #141
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l always think its wise for potential buyers to bide their time and wait until the price comes down a bit and all the flaws and bugs have been sorted out.
That had been my plan, but in the end the thought of no long load times got the better of me and i didn't want to wait another year or so.

If they ever bring out a slim version of the PS5 or a PS5 Pro i will also likely upgrade to it and hope its a little smaller.
Old 07-10-2020, 16:46   #142
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I've preorded it. Might as well gain from the load times and performance.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 19:00   #143
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

There is finally a PS5 teardown video, liquid metal, huge heatsink and fan I hope this means quiet console.
Old 07-10-2020, 19:07   #144
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Here it is. You'll need to turn on subtitles.

Also the covers are removable. So probably there will be custom ones produced.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:17   #145
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I've preorded it. Might as well gain from the load times and performance.
Are you pre ordering a specific PS5 game?

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Looking forward to custom side panels, this will be very popular.
Old 15-10-2020, 18:04   #146
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Our first look at the PlayStation 5 user interface, it seems pretty nice to me.

Old 16-10-2020, 21:50   #147
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Well my 3D pulse headset from Amazon is now getting delivered on the 12th instead of the 19th, if only they would do that with the console too!
Old 16-10-2020, 22:58   #148
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

A lot of the games and accessories are coming on the 12th.
Old 16-10-2020, 23:38   #149
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Are you pre ordering a specific PS5 game?
I'll buy the digital version of Spiderman when I get the console. That's pretty much it for now.

You?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 09:03   #150
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I'll buy the digital version of Spiderman when I get the console. That's pretty much it for now.

You?
Thinking about Assassin's Creed Valhalla as I love those games and enjoy chasing the platinum so can get 100+ hours out of it easily.

However I will probably reluctantly buy on disc seeing so expensive, I'm used to paying £$15 max on the digital stores and getting bargains in the sales.

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

Is it only me and Damien that have pre ordered the PS5?