Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 07-05-2013, 21:32   #1126
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
If VM didn't carry BT sports I wonder if the loss of revenue (from customers leaving) would be less than the cost of carrying the channels? What do you think?
We may get more news on BT Sports by the weekend.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2013, 21:33   #1127
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
We may get more news on BT Sports by the weekend.
Rivals the end of season games, news from BT
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 21:33   #1128
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

[QUOTE=Top banana;35569170]
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A scenario but a unlikely

If VM didn't carry BT sports I wonder if the loss of revenue (from customers leaving) would be less than the cost of carrying the channels? What do you think?
But who says that many customers would leave if they did not have BT Sports as the impact of such scenarios is often over-stated.
Old 07-05-2013, 21:35   #1129
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes sometimes we are a bunch of dreamers on CF and l blame the little and large duo from the north for that.
I have got no news from insiders about BT Sports confirmed anything so as my Dad says 'No news is good news.'
Old 07-05-2013, 21:39   #1130
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I am have got no news from insiders about BT Sports confirmed anything so as my Dad says 'No news is good news.'
Thanks MB but rest assured you yourself are not one of the two of that famous duo.
Old 07-05-2013, 21:45   #1131
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Reports over on DS Forum say that Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 has been remove from Freeview EPG.

(Still on my TV).

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...postcount=1225
Old 07-05-2013, 21:57   #1132
Mr Banana

[QUOTE=denphone;35569178]
Quote:

But who says that many customers would leave if they did not have BT Sports as the impact of such scenarios is often over-stated.
That's my point Denphone, how many people would actually leave? When the sky stuff kicked off a few years back 40k left which from a revenue loss perspective it was less than sky wanted for the channels.
Old 07-05-2013, 22:32   #1133
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

[QUOTE=Top banana;35569170]
Quote:
A scenario but a unlikely

I for one would not be leaving VM if they did not carry BT sport, although I feel it is highly unlikely that VM would not have BT sport. For me it will be all about the cost.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 15:18   #1134
denphone
Still alive and fighting

BT Sport kicks off first marketing push.

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/...006592.article
Old 08-05-2013, 15:23   #1135
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
BT Sport kicks off first marketing push.

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/...006592.article
That the one I saw yesterday - but BT has added Bale and an player from Celtic and Rangers to that poster on the one I saw.
Old 08-05-2013, 15:31   #1136
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

BT Sport logo was plastered across the big screens and on electronic advertising boards during City-WBA match last night.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 15:40   #1137
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
That the one I saw yesterday - but BT has added Bale and an player from Celtic and Rangers to that poster on the one I saw.
Well lets hope the nitty gritty gets revealed tomorrow MB.
Old 08-05-2013, 16:53   #1138
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Yup reckon we will know what is happening before the season ends anyway
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 17:37   #1139
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

[QUOTE=alwaysabear;35569214]
Quote:

I for one would not be leaving VM if they did not carry BT sport, although I feel it is highly unlikely that VM would not have BT sport. For me it will be all about the cost.
Would never leave VM over one or two channels like BT much as I love sport. I fully expect VM to get the channels at a monthly subscription which I will not be paying.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 20:43   #1140
denphone
Still alive and fighting

BT Sport aims to tackle Sky head on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013...e-sky-football