Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Death of a Pet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Death of a Pet

Old 22-11-2018, 20:28   #16
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Death of a Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
How you doing TP?

I admit I thought that you were male and yes men can be just as mushy my hubby age 52, eldest son 26 and youngest son 16 were devastated last September when we had to do what was best for our beautiful Keane and I'm not embarrassed in any way we all cried and when I went to pick up his ashes we all felt better that he was back home, now some don't understand and that is ok it but it was what we felt was right for us.
Finally got an appointment with the vet tomorrow, it's easily been the longest week of my life.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2018, 22:32   #17
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The cat is not a pet, its a part of the family.
Old 23-11-2018, 16:26   #18
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

My girl has just had a scan at the vets and she has cancer which has spread to her liver and kidney and possibly spleen, I was a bit numb as he was telling me, so I couldn't take it all in. Because she is still perky and eating well, the vet advised me to bring her home, to have some time with her and perpare myself for saying goodbye to her, which I have done. I am now terrified that she will suffer. As soon as she got out of the cat basket, she wobbled into the kitchen demanding food, even though she was still groggy from the sedative. Now she's sitting in front of the fire, very quiet. I hope to God it's just the sedative still in her system. She was right as rain this morning before the vets. I hope and pray to get the balance right, and have some time with her without letting her suffer.
This beautiful sweet thing has been a constant friend and source of much comfort for every day of her sixteen years and it's killing me.
Old 23-11-2018, 16:35   #19
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

My thoughts are with you ThunderPants.
Old 23-11-2018, 16:59   #20
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Oh TP I'm truly sorry I know just how your feeling as this is exactly what happened with our dog and no matter how much you prepare yourself for bad news it's human nature and the love we have for our fluffy friends that deep down the vet will be able to do something no matter the cost, for some reason we just do prepare ourselves to be told sorry nothing can be done

The affects of the sedative will more than likely still be in her system thus making her slightly groggy and wobbly.

Old 23-11-2018, 17:17   #21
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Thank you all. You're a lovely lot x
Old 23-11-2018, 18:24   #22
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Oh my, I am so so sorry to hear that. I really hope you are ok and get to spend as much time with her as possible.
Old 23-11-2018, 18:45   #23
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Sorry to hear that TP. Hope you get as much quality time with her as possible.
Old 23-11-2018, 21:03   #24
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Oh TP I am so sorry to hear your sad news. My heart goes out to you as I know only too well the pain you must be feeling.

<<<<<<<Massive hugs>>>>>>>>>
Old 24-11-2018, 13:14   #25
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

It's not strange at all. I cried uncontrollably a couple of years ago, when I had to have my Westie put down. The vet even made me a cup of tea and said I could sit with her body as long as I wanted.

They also have a little candle on the receptionist's desk with a sign behind it saying "If this candle is lit, we are giving someone some bad news, please be respectful and quiet.".
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:33   #26
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Oh sweetie I am so sorry!!!!

I will pray for kitty right now!!

I feel bad for you also Stu.....
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote