Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2018/2019

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2018/2019
Closed Thread

Old 13-12-2018, 12:37   #331
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Season 2018/2019

Lets hope this is the case Adzii as it would be a Christmas well worth celebrating for Newcastle's fans.
Old 13-12-2018, 16:42   #332
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I don't think we'll quite get there for Christmas but we're already seeing transfer targets pursued that we're unrealistic at any other point.
Old 16-12-2018, 14:57   #333
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I love my non league football but I've never been as cold as yesterday. It was raining ice... The floodlights kept going out, icicles were forming on the railings and the ref played no injury time, even though there were plenty of stoppages, nobody complained !
Old 16-12-2018, 14:59   #334
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I love my non league football but I've never been as cold as yesterday. It was raining ice... The floodlights kept going out, icicles were forming on the railings and the ref played no injury time, even though there were plenty of stoppages, nobody complained !
And being the wise man that you are you had your sparkling Christmas bobble hat on , your scarf and some decent winter gloves all to combat the cold.
Old 16-12-2018, 15:02   #335
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And being the wise man that you are you had your sparkling Christmas bobble hat on , your scarf and some decent winter gloves all to combat the cold.
I had a hip flask Den ,that was all that mattered (purely medicinal )
Old 16-12-2018, 15:04   #336
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I had a hip flask Den ,that was all that mattered (purely medicinal )
And got a lovely reliable bus or train home l gather.

Last edited by denphone; 16-12-2018 at 15:41.
Old 16-12-2018, 17:52   #337
denphone
Still alive and fighting

A excellent three points today against Mourinho's mighty red devils.
Old 16-12-2018, 17:55   #338
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm gonna have fun with the gooners tomorrow COYS.
Old 16-12-2018, 17:57   #339
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I'm gonna have fun with the gooners tomorrow COYS.
Julian our resident saint must be happy for once.
Old 16-12-2018, 18:19   #340
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Deserved win for Liverpool. Mourinho and Man United don't fit. I thought it would work. It isn't working. They're in desperate need of a Guardioala or a Klopp. Zidanes actual level remains to be seen but he could be in for a shout. I've tried to claim Pogba is out of sorts and maybe he is overall but surely he'd be a lot better when the entire team aren't playing negative football and he's sat around on a bench because of it. How Mourinho sets up Man United is how Benitez sets up Newcastle which is pretty disturbing with the amount of potential in the Mutd squad.

Possession of the ball, Liverpool 65% - 35% Man United
Liverpool Shots 36 - 6 Man United
Liverpool corners 13 - 2 Man United.

Is it actually worth keeping the guy another season to avoid paying him off? At this point it's worth remembering that they're no longer progressing anymore but rather going backwards.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 16-12-2018 at 18:30.
Old 16-12-2018, 18:30   #341
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Deserved win for Liverpool. Mourinho and Man United don't fit. I thought it would work. It isn't working. They're in desperate need of a Guardioala or a Klopp. Zidanes actual level remains to be seen but he could be in for a shout.
Defensively l don't think United are good enough , Pogba obviously thinks he is bigger then he really is and Lukaku does not work hard enough for me and that is just for starters as Ed Woodward is too much of a stooge for the Glazer's IMO as well.

It will be interesting to hear Jim's thoughts as perhaps l am being over critical.

Last edited by denphone; 16-12-2018 at 18:35.
Old 16-12-2018, 18:35   #342
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Defensively l don't think United are good enough , Pogba obviously thinks he is bigger then he really is and Lukaku does not work hard enough for me.
I don't think they've got the inspiration to work hard enough. I don't think they've got the setup to play to their best ability. Mourinho and his style hampers every single player on the pitch. These players thrive going forward with freedom and creativity and they're being told to camp out in their box and break away. You're never going to get consistent standout moments from Pogba if he's constantly having to play balls out from his own 18 yard line.

He's peaked at the club. Won two trophies and now the drop off has come. Happened at Chelsea and Madrid too. People caught onto this before I could be bothered to listen to it. As above rather than making a steady progression, they've built a squad and are now going backwards. Zidane has been the favourite for a while but I think it's too risky.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 16-12-2018 at 18:40.
Old 16-12-2018, 18:58   #343
denphone
Still alive and fighting

The thing is why did United extend his contract in the summer and then fail to back him in the transfer market for two defenders as since then the rot has set in significantly.
Old 16-12-2018, 19:10   #344
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

They extended his contract as a gesture for recent success. Something Gary Neville is now all too vocally angered about. I mean this is the same lot that hired David Moyes.
Old 16-12-2018, 19:16   #345
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
They extended his contract as a gesture for recent success. Something Gary Neville is now all too vocally angered about. I mean this is the same lot that hired David Moyes.
When Sir Alex and David Gill quit a lot of nous left the club and hence since then its been downhill since in the decisions being made high up at the club..