Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 23-02-2013, 19:55   #556
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
i subscribed to NASN when it started and have had ESPN America when it started up. I paid £10 pm back then but times have changed- it is not the only way to watch North American Sport anymore.

having had a channel for free to then expect people to pay for it will be difficult. Cant see many paying £10 on these days.

Personally even £5 pm might see my stop subscribing. Losing the NFL & NHL rights last year was a BIG disappointment for me. I subscribe to MLB.TV these days so can watch ANY MLB game i wish. As much as i like American sports, and i do follow college sports, is college basketball and football (and some MLB) enough to pay for it? probably not. Some questions would need to be answered first.

When ESPN goes will it transfer its NBA programming to ESPN America ? For me it would have to but as SKY has recently struck a deal with the NBA will it still have the rights?

Will ESPN America get any of its NFL programming again? Last Year ESPN lost its Monday Night Football game to BBC- it also stopped broadcasting its pregame ESPN (US) Sunday shows.

ESPN America HD would be absolutely essential to any pay subscription deal.

so no NHL, no NFL, some college sports ,possibly some NBA some MLB, MLS ? lacrosse ? hmmmmmmm.

as i say i would be sad to end my 10 years + watching this channel but it has to worth it.

Whilst having more tv companies showing sports increases competition it is not good new for viewers. How many people can afford to subscribe to Sky Sports, BT Sports and ESPN America (and maybe Premier Sports)? not too many i would say.
I agree, nice post.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2013, 10:46   #557
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I hope ESPN America continues as it did before the main ESPN channel launched at the demise of Setanta. Hopefully it will still be part of XL still and not a premium Channel.
I will certainly second that.
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 10:56   #558
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
I will certainly second that.
Lets hope so but l have a feeling we could all be disappointed.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:41   #559
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Speculation continues to grow surrounding Georgie Thompson reports say that she is set to be announced alongside Jake Humphrey as the new glamorous face of the new BT Sport channel.

Quote:
Former SkySportsF1 and SkySportsNews presenter Georgie Thompson is set to be announced alongside Jake Humphrey as the new glamorous face of the new BT Sport channel.

For more than a week F1 fans have been baffled at the 35-year-old’s disappearance from the SkySportsF1 website with rumours rife of a split from the broadcaster or a sacking, but F1Paddock.biz can reveal that in fact the former motor sport presenter has agreed a deal with BT to partner Jake Humphrey who has also jumped ship from BBCF1.

Georgie has been silent on twitter since the night before Force India launched their car a few weeks back, that was also football transfer deadline day, the other area of expertise for the confident, glamorous presenter. It’s thought that she is still under contract with Sky Sports and the two broadcasters are negotiating a fee for her exit before the no doubt big, exciting announcement for Britain’s newest broadcaster, the latest in a long line of companies hoping to challenge the dominance of BSkyB in the sports market.

A date for the big glitzy launch hasn’t been set, but Georgie will be announced at BT!
http://f1paddock.biz/2013/02/georgie...medium=twitter

She was on twitter on Friday afternoon tweeting

Quote:
Nothing better in the world to spend time with my old flat mate @skysarahjane. Been stuffing our faces at #burgerlobster... Yum scrum.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 15:45   #560
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

i just hope we get bt sports and prem sport on the xl pack

ps come on Bradford city
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 15:50   #561
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
i just hope we get bt sports and prem sport on the xl pack
Lets hope so.
Old 25-02-2013, 13:13   #562
one2escape
Inactive

one2escape is an unknown quantity at this point

Worst kept secret is confirmed Bt Sport aquire all ESPN assets
one2escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 13:24   #563
braysoj1
cf.geek

braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

breaking news

BT to buy ESPN's UK and Irish TV channels and its live sports rights including FA Cup, Scottish Premier League and Uefa Europa League http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21577676
Old 25-02-2013, 13:28   #564
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

well this has all just got even more confusing
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 13:39   #565
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
breaking news

BT to buy ESPN's UK and Irish TV channels and its live sports rights including FA Cup, Scottish Premier League and Uefa Europa League http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21577676
Looks like it's all coming together.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 13:43   #566
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

ESPN to close ESPN Classic.

http://www.c21media.net/archives/102359
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 13:43   #567
braysoj1
cf.geek

so does the mean bt sports will be on vm
Old 25-02-2013, 13:45   #568
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
so does the mean bt sports will be on vm
BT are rumours to be in talks with Virgin Media over BT Sport launching on Virgin.

ESPN deal was up with Virgin Media in late July anyway.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 13:54   #569
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Survival of ESPN America very good news for me.... :-)
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 14:03   #570
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Survival of ESPN America very good news for me.... :-)
Yes indeed.