Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lying barstewards

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lying barstewards

Old 22-11-2018, 22:03   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Lying barstewards

I recently retired after over 40 years self employed. I would say of all my skills and attributes the one thing I valued the most above everything else was my honesty with my many thousands of customers over those years.

That's why blatant lying always riles me.

I ordered an item from Amazon two days ago and due to the cost of the item it needed a signature on delivery. It was supposed to be being delivered by Amazon themselves or at least their rep.

I got a tracking email to say it would be delivered today, any time up until 9:00pm.

I waited in all day, didn't even go for my evening bath as my wife was out until 7:00pm.

At 9:05 pm when nothing had arrived I checked my emails to find one timed at 19:28 saying 'Sorry we missed you, an attempt to deliver was made at 19:26'.

Neither of us had heard any knock at the door and checking my CCTV cameras confirmed that no one had approached the property between 19:00 and 20:00.

I would not have bothered if they had contacted me to say they couldn't find our place or been unexpectedly delayed but bare faced lying is something I just hate with a vengeance.

Jim ( feeling better for having a moan)

Last edited by iadom; 22-11-2018 at 22:06.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2018, 22:16   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Lying barstewards

Amazon do actually take this seriously if you phone them and kick up a stink. They can contact the courier and demand to see their tracking data, basically requiring them to prove that they were at your house. If you’re lucky you can sometimes get an account credit out of it as well.

Obviously it doesn’t make your item immediately appear but it is useful to put pressure on the couriers by making them realise they’ll be asked to defend their lies.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 22:26   #3
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Hi Chris, good to see some of the old stagers are still around.

I have actually gone online and via a chat session have voiced my displeasure.

Never been one to think I should profit from things like this, just irks me more than a little.

Having seen the odd TV programme re online shopping couriers I do realise they are put under extreme pressure most of the time.
Old 22-11-2018, 22:29   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 22:31   #5
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

How is Tobermory these days?
Old 22-11-2018, 23:55   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just a heads up for future Amazon purchases, if the item isn't too big you can get it delivered to your local post office for free and in my case that always arrives by 9am, this maybe a prime thing I am not sure, but it beats waiting home for the item.
Old 23-11-2018, 08:41   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Amazon do actually take this seriously if you phone them and kick up a stink. They can contact the courier and demand to see their tracking data, basically requiring them to prove that they were at your house. If you’re lucky you can sometimes get an account credit out of it as well.

Obviously it doesn’t make your item immediately appear but it is useful to put pressure on the couriers by making them realise they’ll be asked to defend their lies.
Had a similar situation earlier this year. It was sorted satisfactorily. However it takes some effort to get through to Amazon at first.