Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 04-04-2021, 23:00   #5371
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

'The Incredible Shrinking Man' (1957). 9/10
Found this beauty on the Horror Channel, why don't they make them like this any longer?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2021, 01:10   #5372
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

If you like that you should try Land of the Giants (tv series)
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 23:24   #5373
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
i can't wait to see what you think (seriously)
Thoroughly enjoyed it 8/10.

A bit of a bummer if you lived in Hong Kong, they wreaked it

(Kong v Godzilla for those not following)

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 20:27   #5374
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Not as good as I thought it was going to be. Looking forward to the hishe now.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:55   #5375
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I'm looking forward to Godzilla Vs Kong. Based on the trailers, and other reviews I have read, I think if I go into it expecting to find a couple of hours of action, fighting monsters and possibly a little humour, I won't be disappointed. I'm not expecting a realistic version of monsters fighting. I enjoyed the first Godzilla (although the 2nd tried to expand the story a little too much), and I enjoyed "Kong: Skull Island", so I'm expecting to enjoy this.

The last film I saw? "The Equalizer 2". I saw both of them at the Cinema on their original release.

When the first Equalizer film came out, I was planning to skip it, as I was never interested in the TV show, so figured I probably wouldn't be interested in the film. However, one night, I was in the mood to see a film, and saw that it had Denzel Washington in it. I had an "Unlimited card" (essentially a Cineworld season ticket), so it didn't cost me any extra to see it, and, TBH, I probably wouldn't have bothered if I'd have had to pay extra.

So, I figured if it was bad, all I'd lost was a couple of hours. I saw it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. So, when no 2 came around, I was excited. Watched No 2 again the other night, and it's still as good a film as it was..

8 out of 10, and I hope that Denzel Washington comes back to the part of Robert McCall again. I know Amazon has a reboot of the TV series coming, but that isn't about Robert McCall, so there is hope..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 00:44   #5376
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

It's not often I agree with General when he says movie is bad, but OMG Godzilla Vs Kong is so bad it's laughable, the only good thing about it is the special effects.

Glad I didn't pay to watch it!!!
Old 08-04-2021, 10:17   #5377
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
It's not often I agree with General when he says movie is bad, but OMG Godzilla Vs Kong is so bad it's laughable, the only good thing about it is the special effects.

Glad I didn't pay to watch it!!!
My six year old disagrees. As an adult I found it stupid, but my kids ( that are big Godzilla fans) loved it, and when MechaGodzilla appears they went crazy.

The film knows it’s audience.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:28   #5378
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

At the moment I'm watching a lot of Christian films on Youtube.

Too many of these are of the romance/return to faith/return to home town type but there are some that are worth watching. Also too many rapture/Left Behind types.

The best ones are those that don't try to compete on special effects or big budget films and focus on a message.

What I find is that some casts do a really good job of making a normal scene look acted where good actors can make acting look like real life.
Old 08-04-2021, 18:41   #5379
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
There are so many things that are wrong with it it is laughable. It has got so many plot holes in it that you would have to class it as one of those films 5-7 year olds would watch where they watch it for the spectacle and not think about what is happening in the film and how it would happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
My six year old disagrees
Glad to see I was right
Old 08-04-2021, 23:02   #5380
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Glad to see I was right
You were, but when you go to see a film called Kong v Godzilla, expecting character arc & development and an acting masterclass would mean that you are the idiot and not the film maker.

( that is 100% not directed at you, that is a general point about films like this)

It’s like when people get angry about Star Wars, Marvel, DC etc. They’re kids films. They’re not excused from criticism but criticise from where they’re pitching to.
Old 08-04-2021, 23:18   #5381
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well they are not really kids films, but they are designed to entertain, not be serious.

If you want to be bored to death then by all means watch something else.

Old 09-04-2021, 00:32   #5382
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
you go to see a film called Kong v Godzilla
everyone seems to be under the impression that I have a problem with monsters and monsters fighting and I don't. I accept that as it is a condition of the universe you are choosing to engage in.

I didn't want to get into it because I know I won't stop but what I do have a problem with is children managing to sneak into a high security base, manage to access a highly secured (and unmonitored) transport system, exit at the other end without any security or oversight, wonder around a base etc etc you get the point. Let talks about some miraculously invented flying (space) ships which can travel hundreds of miles towards the Earth's core and when you get there the team of world class scientists (specifically biologists) don't think to test the atmosphere and just assume they can take their helmets off and can breathe perfectly fine. Shall we mention Nathan Lind and how despite his field of expertise manages to do everything and anything including flying a brand new ship which nobody, including himself, has ever seen before?

As Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense it's not true. All these stupid stupid things completely ruin the movie. This isn't an alternate time, dystopian future or anything else. They paint it as present day in as close to out current world as can be so you expect similar rules, behaviours and realism from the characters with the universe. How can you have a highly secretive all powerful megacorp which has operated in secrecy and impunity for years suddenly infiltrated by dimwits? It does my head in and it wouldn't happen.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:35   #5383
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
As Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense it's not true. All these stupid stupid things completely ruin the movie.
I'm afraid there are times when you talk complete bollox.
Based on this view, you should absolutely hate The Expanse.
You do know a 'proto molecule' isnt true, dont you - not to mention how fast they zip around the solar system.

Its fiction / fantasy, its not supposed to be true.
Obviously you also hate all the Jurassic World films for the same reasons.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:02   #5384
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Based on this view, you should absolutely hate The Expanse.
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Obviously you also hate all the Jurassic World films for the same reasons.
nope

so sad that you haven't understood a single thing i have said.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:10   #5385
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Post Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
everyone seems to be under the impression that I have a problem with monsters and monsters fighting and I don't. I accept that as it is a condition of the universe you are choosing to engage in.

I didn't want to get into it because I know I won't stop but what I do have a problem with is children managing to sneak into a high security base, manage to access a highly secured (and unmonitored) transport system, exit at the other end without any security or oversight, wonder around a base etc etc you get the point. Let talks about some miraculously invented flying (space) ships which can travel hundreds of miles towards the Earth's core and when you get there the team of world class scientists (specifically biologists) don't think to test the atmosphere and just assume they can take their helmets off and can breathe perfectly fine. Shall we mention Nathan Lind and how despite his field of expertise manages to do everything and anything including flying a brand new ship which nobody, including himself, has ever seen before?

As Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense it's not true. All these stupid stupid things completely ruin the movie. This isn't an alternate time, dystopian future or anything else. They paint it as present day in as close to out current world as can be so you expect similar rules, behaviours and realism from the characters with the universe. How can you have a highly secretive all powerful megacorp which has operated in secrecy and impunity for years suddenly infiltrated by dimwits? It does my head in and it wouldn't happen.
To summarise ... you’re appealing for your filmic universe to be internally consistent, which is no bad thing. Against that I’d say you have to allow a little artistic shorthand in order to allow any story to be told within the set running time. It is a fine balancing act and not all films get it right - some directors seriously abuse their audience’s willing suspension of disbelief by demanding they accept everything they see.

I haven’t seen this film and I’m not going to be paying to do so, though I expect it will pop up somewhere I’m already subscribed to eventually. So I can’t judge how well the director has done here. However from your other posts in film and tv topics I do think you have a higher than average requirement for realism in your viewing material. You like to have the rules of the universe spelled out and then you like your characters to be seen to be obeying them. You even have a name for it, you call it your “realism factor”. Based on that I’d say science fantasy, especially science fantasy that is self-consciously riffing off mid 20th century Japanese comic book movies and Hollywood B-movies, is probably not going to float your boat.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote