Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 23:07   #361
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, but I....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I agree...
jfman, has your account beeen hacked?
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2021, 23:14   #362
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Sometimes Richard's posts are just that far out there it's inevitable.
Old 12-04-2021, 15:37   #363
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

After a lot of back and forwards telephone calls to virgin media I finally got a deal I wanted its still on unlimited oomph and the sky movies uhd and the new 360 box conversion , the 360 software is £24.99 but got it free , the new remotes come on Wednesday I then have to ring Virgin Media set up for the 360 and on that day the uhd movies start all for £106 a month only a £1 more than I'm paying atm without those 2 items it was £100 a month , will see on Wednesday if its worth shouting about
Old 12-04-2021, 18:06   #364
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
After a lot of back and forwards telephone calls to virgin media I finally got a deal I wanted its still on unlimited oomph and the sky movies uhd and the new 360 box conversion , the 360 software is £24.99 but got it free , the new remotes come on Wednesday I then have to ring Virgin Media set up for the 360 and on that day the uhd movies start all for £106 a month only a £1 more than I'm paying atm without those 2 items it was £100 a month , will see on Wednesday if its worth shouting about
£24.99 for a software update pure greed from VM, glad you got it for free though, disgusting charging someone for a software update.
£106p/m you've been had mate.
Old 12-04-2021, 22:07   #365
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
£24.99 for a software update pure greed from VM, glad you got it for free though, disgusting charging someone for a software update.
£106p/m you've been had mate.
I got it for £96
Old 13-04-2021, 03:15   #366
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
I got it for £96
That's much better, it's prob just me lol but i refuse to pay more than £70p/m for tv and broadband i just don't think tv is worth the cost it's just constant repeats and reality crap.
Old 14-04-2021, 01:59   #367
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

any idea then we're getting the tivo 360 software for the tivo v6? Is the tivo 360 still not as good as the v6? Its missing a ton of apps?
Old 14-04-2021, 10:44   #368
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
any idea then we're getting the tivo 360 software for the tivo v6? Is the tivo 360 still not as good as the v6? Its missing a ton of apps?
I really like 360 and even my wife prefers it to the TiVo software
All4 is missing but a lot of the content is available via on demand anyway.

My5 has just arrived recently

If you have 2 boxes with harddrive it works a lot better than the TiVo system (subject to a strong connection)

HD channels are swapped out if your package has them in it and the SD channel removed so the EPG is less cluttered with duplicates.

Yes there are a few features that TiVo has that 360 doesn’t but it’s a lot more slick and smoother.
Old 14-04-2021, 11:19   #369
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
You can ask for it anytime. TiVo here for a while yet.
Old 14-04-2021, 11:40   #370
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Iam getting the v6 360 software today and just waiting for the postman to deliver the remotes then I can call Virgin Media to get the software downloaded to my v6 box
Old 14-04-2021, 11:59   #371
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

I wil wait it out don't see for me any advantage. force too will be the only way I can see me changing. More likely to move to freeview with now and Netflix.!!
Old 14-04-2021, 12:27   #372
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Iam getting the v6 360 software today and just waiting for the postman to deliver the remotes then I can call Virgin Media to get the software downloaded to my v6 box
You dont phone them, it will be in your app section of your V6
Old 14-04-2021, 14:10   #373
Rob King
cf.addict

First update , there's a link in the menu on the v6 box when you click upgrade it does it my v6 box Failed the update whether virgin media know I was trying to update as 2 mins later it updated again and rebooted . NOW THIS IS A WARNING I WAS TOLD ALL MY RECORDINGS AND SERIES LINK ARE SAFE ITS NOT EVERYTHING WAS DELETED IF I KNEW I WOULD HAVE SCREEN SHOT ALL THE SERIES LINK YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WARNED I'M MAD AS HELL ..
Old 14-04-2021, 14:15   #374
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

There is a warning on the app before you trigger the upgrade that says that recordings and series links will be deleted. I'm pretty sure it's also in the instructions that come with remotes too:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...box-to-360-box
Quote:
  1. Please read these instructions first – keep the remote(s) in the box for now
  2. Watch any recorded shows before you upgrade (we can’t transfer them, and you deserve a duvet day). Just bear in mind your service will automatically update 5 days after this package arrived
  3. Start your upgrade by selecting upgrade to Virgin TV 360 from your Home screen - you will find the 360 App on the Home screen but you can also find within the Apps & Games folder.
  4. Follow the steps with your existing V6 remote until you’re asked to swap. Need a verification code? Enter: 847446
  5. Make sure you have the latest version of Virgin TV Go on your phone or tablet – just head to your app store
Old 14-04-2021, 14:59   #375
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

Quote:
I WAS TOLD ALL MY RECORDINGS AND SERIES LINK ARE SAFE ITS NOT EVERYTHING WAS DELETED IF I KNEW I WOULD HAVE SCREEN SHOT ALL THE SERIES LINK YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WARNED I'M MAD AS HELL ..
I was notified of this on numerous occasions throughout the process

As part of the sign up for 360 online

With the remote controls in the box

Even during the process there was a warning that ALL recordings and settings would be deleted, it gave an option to cancel at that point.

Someone has clearly given you the wrong info.
Closed Thread