Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 14-08-2009, 15:25   #856
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I much preferred the film..What I'd really have liked was a good sequel to it...
There's a new film coming out that is a bit Alien Nation - ish. Called District 9. Looks like it could be quite good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_9
Old 15-08-2009, 19:28   #857
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

It's meant to be *very* good
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 21:45   #858
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 03:44   #859
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

SyFy have renewed Warehouse 13 for a further 13 episodes instead of increasing the season order.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a17...econd-run.html
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 17:21   #860
cimt

Not sure if anyone has saw this yet but a 2 minute preview of Stargate Universe has been released...
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1736...-universe.html
Old 25-08-2009, 17:30   #861
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
SyFy have renewed Warehouse 13 for a further 13 episodes instead of increasing the season order.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a17...econd-run.html
Yeah, I saw that the other day. Im pleased as I quite like W13 so far.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 21:40   #862
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Trailer for new film - Gamer
Old 27-08-2009, 21:48   #863
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Yeah, I saw that the other day. Im pleased as I quite like W13 so far.
Ditto
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 23:06   #864
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Really enjoying Warehoue 13 glad to hear they have renewed it, Can't wait for the new Stargate eries.

Is anyone watch a new series Called Defying Gravity at all? Think it;s really good at the moment makes a nice difference for the normal Sci-Fi stuff.

JJ
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 23:32   #865
cimt

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
Trailer for new film - Gamer
That looks awesome, almost like they picked someone who already plays an excellent pyschopath. Can't wait to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefrost View Post
Really enjoying Warehoue 13 glad to hear they have renewed it, Can't wait for the new Stargate eries.

Is anyone watch a new series Called Defying Gravity at all? Think it;s really good at the moment makes a nice difference for the normal Sci-Fi stuff.

JJ
I've read about it, can't remember what it was about though. Is it any good?

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

2 bits of news here, the first about Dollhouse and the second is about Chuck. I'd provide a link but my laptop is going weird and won't let me. It's from E! Online though.

Quote:
• Dollhouse: For those Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles fans who are still hurt by its cancellation, you're about to jump for joy. Summer Glau is heading to Dollhouse this season, playing Bennett, a Dollhouse employee who shares a past with Echo (Eliza Dushku). Glau is recurring and joining the likes of Alexis Denisof, Jamie Bamber, Michael Hogan and Keith Carradine, who all guest star this season.
I think Joss listened to the fans on that one... It's like everyone knew about it before she did!

Quote:
• Chuck: Superman is mentoring Chuck this season! Not literally, but Brandon Routh joins the cast in a multiepisode arc as Shaw, the new leader of the Intersect project. Look for the man of steel starting in the fourth episode.
Old 28-08-2009, 14:22   #866
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

I've found Defying Gravity good, not a lot of action but seems to be an interesting hidden underlying story.

JJ
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 14:54   #867
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The graphics didn't particularly blow me away.

No doubt on a big screen in 3D they might be better.

What I mean is, you could tell it was CGI, which nowadays just isn't good enough.
Old 28-08-2009, 16:34   #868
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The graphics didn't particularly blow me away.

No doubt on a big screen in 3D they might be better.

What I mean is, you could tell it was CGI, which nowadays just isn't good enough.
I saw the 3D preview at the cinema last Friday and it was amazing on the big screen! So much better than watching the trailer on a PC screen.
Old 02-09-2009, 22:42   #869
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Stargate Universe trailer
Old 02-09-2009, 22:54   #870
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Stargate Universe trailer
nice one Forever been waiting for this can't wait till october 2