Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

Old 23-11-2011, 17:08   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

Well despite my best efforts we all knew it was going to happen. I don't know whether to laugh, cry or kill someone atm. Here begins the story:

When 100mbit became available in my area 3 weeks ago I rang up to upgrade and got an Indian lady whose english was excellent and I made it crystal clear to her that I didn't want the pooperhub and I wanted to keep the vmng300. She said it was no problem but an engineer still needed to come out bla bla bla. I popped straight onto the forum afterwards to join the thread everyone else in my area was on to find out that peeps had been upgraded over the phone. I rang back and got through to an english lady who said that they can only upgrade superhub customers over the phone and I still needed a visit and I told her that I didn't want the superhub and she said no probs, the engineer still needs to come round to check the power levels etc etc.

So today comes round, I arrange to take the afternoon off work because the engineer is coming between 1-6 and only to find out when I get home at 1 that he came round at 11:30 and was let into the house and swapped the modem over for the superhub and left. This morning when I got up I ran several speed tests and hit 50mbit everytime. Now I am on 100mbit and haven't been able to get more than 36mbit all afternoon.

Rang customer services to get them to send the tech back with my vmng300 and they said tech support needs to arrange that so I got put through to tech support who said customer relations needs to authorise the swap over. Had a semi-long chat with an english dude who couldn't understand why I wanted the vmng300 back because now R30 has been released the superhub is absolutely amazing. If that is the case then when I am only getting 32mbit I ask? He pops me through to 100mbit support team, spend over 1 hour on the phone running endless speed tests, letting them check all the windows settings bla bla, speaking to 2nd line who say the UBR is at 40% utilisation so the problem must be my pc. I get 2 laptops out and get the same results with them so in the end they decide the mode is faulty and a new one is on the way in the post.

Soooooo, the absolute [ADMIN EDIT - inappropriate language removed] joke is that I specifically wanted to keep the vmng300 for this reason, I have been forced to take the superhub which is now deliverying less speed that the previous modem and now it has got to be replaced on day 1 and I have wasted a whole afternoon of my time which could have been avoided.

Is it me does anyone else think that is wrong?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2011, 17:14   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Well despite my best efforts we all knew it was going to happen. I don't know whether to laugh, cry or kill someone atm. Here begins the story:

When 100mbit became available in my area 3 weeks ago I rang up to upgrade and got an Indian lady whose English was excellent and I made it crystal clear to her that I didn't want the superhub and I wanted to keep the vmng300. She said it was no problem but an engineer still needed to come out bla bla bla. I popped straight onto the forum afterwards to join the thread everyone else in my area was on to find out that peeps had been upgraded over the phone. I rang back and got through to an english lady who said that they can only upgrade superhub customers over the phone and I still needed a visit and I told her that I didn't want the superhub and she said no probs, the engineer still needs to come round to check the power levels etc etc.

So today comes round, I arrange to take the afternoon off work because the engineer is coming between 1-6 and only to find out when I get home at 1 that he came round at 11:30 and was let into the house and swapped the modem over for the superhub and left. This morning when I got up I ran several speed tests and hit 50mbit everytime. Now I am on 100mbit and haven't been able to get more than 36mbit all afternoon.

Rang customer services to get them to send the tech back with my vmng300 and they said tech support needs to arrange that so I got put through to tech support who said customer relations needs to authorise the swap over. Had a semi-long chat with an english dude who couldn't understand why I wanted the vmng300 back because now R30 has been released the superhub is absolutely amazing. If that is the case then when I am only getting 32mbit I ask? He pops me through to 100mbit support team, spend over 1 hour on the phone running endless speed tests, letting them check all the windows settings bla bla, speaking to 2nd line who say the UBR is at 40% utilisation so the problem must be my pc. I get 2 laptops out and get the same results with them so in the end they decide the modem is faulty and a new one is on the way in the post.

Soooooo, the absolute [ADMIN EDIT - inappropriate language removed] joke is that I specifically wanted to keep the vmng300 for this reason, I have been forced to take the superhub which is now deliverying less speed that the previous modem and now it has got to be replaced on day 1 and I have wasted a whole afternoon of my time which coul have been avoided.

Is it me does anyone else think that is wrong?
I feel your pain, It has to be your area as this is my speed via a shub

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 17:20   #3
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

40% utilisation on upstream or downstream? seems they only check the upstreams.

The superhub isnt perfect but in my opinion it doesnt cause slow speeds so I be surprised if your speeds shoot up on a new modem.

In regards to getting the vmng300 back I think you have a long battle, retentions absolutely refused to reactivate mine (I still had it), the CEO office did it without hassle tho. However you dont just need activation you actually want one shipped to you as well so will be harder.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 17:30   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yeah I know, that is why I kept saying I wanted them to ring the tech up and get him to come back and give it to me. The dude who I spoke to in 100mbit support said I could probably get a vmng300 but I would need to go through the CEOs office for it. I am writing the letter now but I can't believe the red tape they make you go though to fix a problem when they could have done it in 5 mins.

It was downstream that was the problem btw, upstream was consistent at 8mbit all afternoon regardless of what tests we ran.

P.s do really think I care about a warning for language given what I have had to put up with today?

Can someboby give me the address for the Chief Execs/CEOs office pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 23-11-2011, 17:58   #5
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

You should be able to email it to: neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

I am getting good speed in Lincoln via Superhub

I am on the following downstream channels: 52, 53, 54 and 55 and upstream: 2
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 18:05   #6
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

P.s do really think I care about a warning for language given what I have had to put up with today?
I would if I were you and wanted to stay on the forum

If you have any concerns about forum policy please contact a team member directly, not in public.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 18:19   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Gaz View Post
I am on the following downstream channels: 52, 53, 54 and 55 and upstream: 2
24, 25, 26, 27 and 1 which is what i was on with the old modem
Old 23-11-2011, 18:20   #8
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

you may of told them, the agents on the phone about the vmng - superhub but did you ask them to make a note of it for the tech to see? yeah common sense would have the agent make notes of it but it seems some don't bother and just book the tech. some have told me techs don't see notes some say they do, who knows but I'm sure their somewhat briefed to what their suppose to be doing at the customers address.

also during this long call did any agent put your on hold and contact your area manager, leave a message or anything or the sort?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 18:23   #9
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Who allowed the tech to take the vmng300 away?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 18:40   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
you may of told them, the agents on the phone about the vmng - superhub but did you ask them to make a note of it for the tech to see? yeah common sense would have the agent make notes of it but it seems some don't bother and just book the tech. some have told me techs don't see notes some say they do, who knows but I'm sure their somewhat briefed to what their suppose to be doing at the customers address.

also during this long call did any agent put your on hold and contact your area manager, leave a message or anything or the sort?
tbh dude I am being screwed by someone. When I went through to customer relations I was told that the engineer was booked to do a swapover and that that was made clear to me when I booked it. I told them that was rubbish and that they can listen to the two phone calls I made where both women I spoke to said it was no probs for me to keep the vmng300 and the tech was only coming to check power levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Who allowed the tech to take the vmng300 away?
a member of the family who was non the wiser and just let him crack on with it. That is why i wanted to be here, if he refused to let me keep it I would have rather cancelled the whole thing because now I am paying £10 more for less speed
Old 23-11-2011, 18:45   #11
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to ask, but have you actually cheched the shub's config, to make sure its been provisioned correctly? Since the R30, a lot of the shub problems have been rectified. I've not had any issues since R30 rolled out, admittedly I'm not on 100mbit.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 18:48   #12
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

The longer it's left the more likely your modem is handed back into the stores and lost forever
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 19:16   #13
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I think the original modem should already be considered lost, VM is all about process and there is no process to return original modem. Only to swap faulty modem. So best case scenario now is getting 'another' vmng300 sent out.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 19:38   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
The longer it's left the more likely your modem is handed back into the stores and lost forever
I know, that is why i wanted them to ring the engineer and get him to bring it back today before it vanishes into fresh air, especially as there aren't any new ones to be had

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milambar View Post
I hate to ask, but have you actually cheched the shub's config
power levels and config are absolutely fine
Old 23-11-2011, 19:38   #15
Pantsu-san
Inactive

Services: Club 300@100 & other stuffs
Pantsu-san is on a distinguished roadPantsu-san is on a distinguished road

Your situation is almost a carbon copy of mine earlier this year. The only difference was I was present when the installer came and tried to swap out a perfectly fine VMNG300 for a Superhub after having agreement with the CEOs office that I could keep it. I told the visiting tech and his manager where they could insert the (then vastly) broken hardware. Have a read through some of my previous postings for the complete picture. I ended up having my VMNG300 upgraded to 100Mb via an email conversation with a very, very nice man in the CEO's office. Although, I must say, mine was a rather unique situation which I won't dredge up here. As I said, check my posting history as all the information is in there.

I feel your pain. It could very well have been me starting this thread. I really, really hope you get what you want from them.
Pantsu-san is offline   Reply With Quote