Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 01-09-2020, 17:44   #1
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Exclamation Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

The only thread active at present is more of a speculation thread so I thought it better for one to discuss the actual system itself now that it is rolling out.

How many have got the system now and how are you finding it?

First big thing is this is (currently) not a replacement for the TiVo system although I'm sure with software updates many new features will appear in the coming months.

The guide data on the new system is updated much quicker and seems to be more regular too.

Anyone users have any comments they wish to share? Or anyone have any questions for users?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2020, 18:26   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

The remote automatically detects the HDMI connect tv and amp - so no programming needed.

The info screen on the 360 boxes is a fullscreen with graphics.
Sport events look quite impressive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 360 info 2.jpg (107.5 KB, 240 views)
Old 01-09-2020, 19:44   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

It will be interesting to see what they charge for it. Shame that they are not intending to carry Horizon on the V6 box, though. I was looking forward to that.

Both of my daughters live in areas not covered by Virgin Media, so this could be a solution for them if they wish to switch from Sky. However, for one of them, I think the lack of the ability to record would be a deal-breaker.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 20:36   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Ozsat, have you got one? Or are you assembling info found from other sources?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 21:01   #5
ozsat
cf.mega poster

I have a main and mini box setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Ozsat, have you got one? Or are you assembling info found from other sources?
Old 01-09-2020, 21:03   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Are you able to tell us if you can record stuff to the cloud on it?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 21:17   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It will be interesting to see what they charge for it. Shame that they are not intending to carry Horizon on the V6 box, though. I was looking forward to that.

Both of my daughters live in areas not covered by Virgin Media, so this could be a solution for them if they wish to switch from Sky. However, for one of them, I think the lack of the ability to record would be a deal-breaker.
Can you have it without VM Broadband ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 21:30   #8
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Cool. Was it self-install? I'd have thought it was in current climate.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 21:36   #9
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Does the mini box require a connection to VM through coax?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 21:53   #10
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

How have you got this?
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 00:31   #11
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
How have you got this?
i'm intrigued by this too.

we currently have three v6s which we use constantly to record on all 3 boxes. so i think replacing that with 1 box and 2 minis doesnt seem to be particular good.

ill just stay with my v6s i think!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:01   #12
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

we currently have three v6s which we use constantly to record on all 3 boxes. so i think replacing that with 1 box and 2 minis doesnt seem to be particular good.

Why do you need to record so much?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:55   #13
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Remember this is an early version of the software so things may get changed but this is the current state.

The mini box acts like a main box but has no disk - all recordings from either are only recorded on the main box (no cloud).
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Are you able to tell us if you can record stuff to the cloud on it?

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 ----------

No - it requires VM Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Can you have it without VM Broadband ?

---------- Post added at 07:48 ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 ----------

Yes and as it was replacing V6 boxes it was really easy. The boxes look the same apart from the mini is half the height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Cool. Was it self-install? I'd have thought it was in current climate.

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

Yes - which is the weak point of the mini I think as it can not easily be moved. Would be nice for it to receive the video via wifi (like SkyQ).

The two boxes themselves connect via you own network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Does the mini box require a connection to VM through coax?

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

If you have a lot of recordings then you are best stay with the current boxes for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

There are invites being offered to selected users. I have no idea what the requirements are for the invites.

It may be dependent of what you have now as VM might not be doing installs currently.

Quote:
How have you got this?
Old 02-09-2020, 09:23   #14
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

So it was new kit?
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:25   #15
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Yes - so you loose all your recordings on your current kit - not that I had many.

Quote:
So it was new kit?