Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 13-10-2012, 13:11   #2341
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretuk View Post
See here and others...

The way the VM Community forum splits speed issues between tiers doesn't help present a wider view of course,
How about using the Gaming area?
Old 13-10-2012, 13:23   #2342
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traduk View Post
I am getting the same bumps off Guildford (Surrey). They started on the 1st October and were preceded by a 2 hour outage on the 29th September which is highly probably when my area was upgraded to double upload.

In the past (months ago) there were two national outages following changes in down and up channels when we went from 4 to 5 to 8 down and up to 2 up.

As a casual observation it does look as though changes in user configuration causes major network problems and hopefully these bumps are a short term deliberate effect until something can be sorted out. There will be all hell to pay if they become a regular feature because mass complaints will be evident if we all suffer prime time useless service.

I did not really notice the reduction in what was an excellent service because over the past few weeks I have been using BT Infinity for most of my internet work.

That is one hell of a good connection you have there for VM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
How about using the Gaming area?
If it happens again tonight I will see how/if it affects gaming and post in the gaming section.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 13:32   #2343
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster View Post
If it happens again tonight I will see how/if it affects gaming and post in the gaming section.
Someone mentioned it doesnt happen weekends
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 13:38   #2344
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
Yea it didn't happen last friday either so we will just have to wait and see.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 14:15   #2345
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads

Jayster,

In the many months before October the connection used to be brilliant. Hopefully it will be again, after the problems are resolved.

I used to be one of VM's harshest critics but if they provide quality at the right price even an old cynic like me will change opinion.

PRE OCTOBER.....

Traduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 15:17   #2346
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
Well it did happen yesterday and was more pronounced than recently.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 15:33   #2347
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Im having real problems at the moment, ping and jitter too high

craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 15:52   #2348
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I have registered an issue at http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...p/td-p/1502644

Perhaps we can all do this if affected. VM techies etc may then sit up and take notice.

Edit.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

Just spotted another thread here. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...t/false/page/7
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 16:14   #2349
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I have registered an issue at http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...p/td-p/1502644

Perhaps we can all do this if affected. VM techies etc may then sit up and take notice.

Technically my 60Mb is on the way up to 100Mb so I will put my paw print below your post once the hump starts tonight.
Old 13-10-2012, 22:07   #2350
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Smeg.
They time shifted the system to 9PM to see if there was a different load effect....
Edit 2 = Its not as bad ping wise. but Ive lost 1/3 of my download. (33% for the young ones on here, So have been downgraded to 20Mb/s service...)
Edit 3 = just over an hour this time.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 22:07   #2351
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

The bump started later tonight and appears to be lasting a shorter period of time.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 22:08   #2352
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Same thing happening in Manchester.
Old 13-10-2012, 22:15   #2353
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

It looks like a switch has been flicked to On

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 22:21   #2354
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
It looks like a switch has been flicked to On

It does appear a switch was thrown at 9pm.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 22:27   #2355
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
It does appear a switch was thrown at 9pm.
What does worry me is there has been no response from VM over this at all.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote