Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 07-10-2012, 20:18   #2221
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDiamond View Post
Finaly the speed slow down bump is gone..

Nice and flat again...

Yes but I suspect you'll find this minimal latency "tumuli" only appeared on TBB and not "F8lure"?

Did you get any minimal latency peaks this evening eg?:

whereas "f8lure" gave:
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2012, 21:48   #2222
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Different route, still indicates a problem at VMs end seeing as No other ISP saw the bump to TBB (see my sig)
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:58   #2223
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
Different route, still indicates a problem at VMs end seeing as No other ISP saw the bump to TBB (see my sig)
Not necessarily a problem per se, but unless this is also reflected in TCP/UDP it may only show VM's transit link via UK-LINX is merely de-prioritised for ICMP traffic only?
Admittedly that still may well of course indicate VM are potentially on the verge of saturating that specific transit link anyway?
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:49   #2224
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Looks like the speed humps have returned...

Both on NRTE25. I wasn't even at home.

kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:56   #2225
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I don't think that was a local problem as I had it as well

Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49   #2226
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

I had it as well in Uddingston

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

How is the Minimum Latency in the Uddingston network more than the rest on virgin network
Old 08-10-2012, 13:52   #2227
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I don't think that was a local problem as I had it as well
as i said above

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 14:00   #2228
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
as i said above

Never said otherwise, just said it wasn't a local problem (as in his router/cabinet or UBR)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 16:44   #2229
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

I did say

Quote:
Looks like VM are in a national cock up again
Old 09-10-2012, 00:28   #2230
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

New spike hit after 9.30pm... on 8/10/2012
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:12   #2231
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Mine too.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

This has been happening on and off for weeks now and it's way past the time any major ISP should have got it sorted out. As I'm mostly away from home now it doesn't bother me personally but it must surely be screwing up millions of VM's customers on a regular basis - or doesn't it have any real-world impact - as I said I'm not home to notice.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:22   #2232
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

Once again, just VM

Ping-o-tron 5000
Old 09-10-2012, 03:04   #2233
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Plusnet+ others?

From your ping-o-tron

Plus many others on there
Old 09-10-2012, 19:29   #2234
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

so many core network spikes now hard to tell if ubr overload or core overblow.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Mine too.

This has been happening on and off for weeks now and it's way past the time any major ISP should have got it sorted out. As I'm mostly away from home now it doesn't bother me personally but it must surely be screwing up millions of VM's customers on a regular basis - or doesn't it have any real-world impact - as I said I'm not home to notice.
that kind of base latency jump would be noticeable, plus my speedtest last night of under 5mbit I think was during this period.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 20:17   #2235
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Plusnet+ others?
Nope.... The plusnet ones are caused by something different, there seems to be congestion on plusnets side on the route to TBB, as that spike is there every night