Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fitted tp-link Home Plugs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Fitted tp-link Home Plugs

Old 26-09-2018, 15:40   #1
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point
Fitted tp-link Home Plugs

So I can have a better wifi signal at the back of our house and in the garden. At the front of the house, it's ok via the shub. When I walk from the front of the house to the rear with my phone, I have to change the wifi settings from VM to TP link to get the stronger signal. This can't be right surely. When I look at known networks on my computer it comes up with VM 2&5G and TPlink 2&5G.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2018, 16:10   #2
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Fitted tp-link Home Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
So I can have a better wifi signal at the back of our house and in the garden. At the front of the house, it's ok via the shub. When I walk from the front of the house to the rear with my phone, I have to change the wifi settings from VM to TP link to get the stronger signal. This can't be right surely. When I look at known networks on my computer it comes up with VM 2&5G and TPlink 2&5G.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Not a dumb question, but essentially the TP-link homeplugs are creating their own wifi network, running off the Ethernet over powerline - essentially what you've done is add an access point into your wired network.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 17:26   #3
trublue
cf.addict

Thanks for your reply and explanation Mr_love_monkey.
Old 26-09-2018, 19:58   #4
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Change the name and passwords of your to link network to the same as your Virgin one and then your device will connect automatically.
Old 26-09-2018, 22:09   #5
trublue
cf.addict

Thanks andy_m that did the trick