Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dilemma, broadband down and I'm not home to help.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Dilemma, broadband down and I'm not home to help.

Old 26-02-2019, 11:52   #1
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation
Dilemma, broadband down and I'm not home to help.

So I am currently away from home for quite some time on the other side of the world and I notice that the internet went down at home on the 21st, my mum texted saying that it's down etc.

I tried to run through it with her to get it resolved. Unfortunately she is not good with technology and nor are others in the family so they wont help either, also getting her to phone VM about an issue isn't really possible, I've always been the one to deal with those things on her behalf. I had her reboot everything.

The bottom light on the Hub 3 is flashing green constantly which says there is no connection to the VM network I think?

The service status page on the account says that Broadband is fine and the tester comes back saying things are fine except for saying they are finishing tests and to check in 10 minutes.

I went on the live webchat with VM and unfortunately they have said the connection is working after running their "checks" which is just ridiculous to me.

Mum says she's past caring etc but I do not want to leave her without internet until I return home in 6+ months, it is our usual way of communicating just now (via facetime on her iPad).

Any ideas?

Thank you.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2019, 16:13   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Dilemma, broadband down and I'm not home to help.

Tbh dude the best thing you can do is leave it powered on and let it constantly cycle through the boot process. If there is an area fault you'll have to hope someone else in your area reports it and when it gets fixed your connection will come back up automatically.

Out of interest, where do you live (your mum)?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 16:24   #3
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Sounds like a superhub fault where the cable modem part is working, so to VM it looks ok, but the router section isn't working so Wifi and wired connections don't work. Had it a couple of times and superhub replacement sorted it out.

If another VM customer lives nearby, a VM WiFi hotspot might be available.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 11:05   #4
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

Thanks guys, I'm starting to think it may be an issue with a firmware update or something, looking on the VM forums there are a few people in different regions/areas with Hub 3's that have gone bad in recent days, same issue, Green flashing light, I cannot check the hubs pages obviously but others are saying that network access is denied and it's not connecting with the green flashing light issue in their case.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:09   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

You could try doing a factory reset to fix it but the problem you are going to have is that somebody would then need to log into the shub afterwards and set everything up again including the wifi and passwords etc.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 13:35   #6
Morgrin
cf.member

Morgrin is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently had a issue where my broadband went down at 7:55am Saturday (IP security camera reported the drop out).

Service status said no issue, self check said my equipment was off (it was certainly on).

Phoned Virgin and got the weekend (India) team. They ran a test and could only send an engineer for Tuesday.

Whole weekend without Broadband (I rebooted 5 or 6 times to see if I could spark it into life without luck). Booked Tuesday morning off work ready for the engineer.

Monday evening at 6pm broadband booted up by itself. I can only assume someone had found an unreported fault and fixed it ... weird.
Morgrin is offline   Reply With Quote