Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2017, 21:49   #1606
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
PPV channel 2 itv box office?
Just confirmed today ITV Box Office is broadcasting on Virgin Ireland Channel 862.

Also has of May 29th - Euronews is just broadcasting in English on SIX channels on Virgin Media Ireland.

203. Euronews English
831. was Euronews French
832. was Euronews Germen
833. was Euronews Italian
834. was Euronews Spanish
836. was Euronews Russian.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Virgin Media reacts to Sky Asia Pack changes

https://www.bizasialive.com/virgin-m...-pack-changes/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2017, 00:56   #1607
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Maybe something to do with that deal with Sky last week (The ads one) but I saw an ad for Viceland today on Sky on Demand for Sky Sports.

It was an ad for an show with Sky channel number and "NOW TV" on it that the end.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 20-06-2017 at 01:03.
Old 20-06-2017, 01:18   #1608
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Maybe something to do with that deal with Sky last week (The ads one) but I saw an ad for Viceland today on Sky on Demand for Sky Sports.

It was an ad for an show with Sky channel number and "NOW TV" on it that the end.
yeah it's on nowtv apparantly bt are getting it soon too.
Old 20-06-2017, 03:51   #1609
jj20x

Quote:
Euronews is just broadcasting in English on SIX channels on Virgin Media Ireland.

203. Euronews English
831. was Euronews French
832. was Euronews Germen
833. was Euronews Italian
834. was Euronews Spanish
836. was Euronews Russian
All down to a change in the way Euronews operates. It used to have a single video stream linked to multiple audio soundtracks. Now it has completely separate services for each language market.

I posted early in May that VM UK had dropped the additional language streams on Euronews. It appears that VM Ireland just had a more convoluted way of making extra soundtracks available.

---------- Post added at 02:43 ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 ----------

Quote:

Viceland on demand content is available on Now TV, but not the broadcast stream.

---------- Post added at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 ----------

Temporary BBC Red Button services: HD and 2-6 have now been added to the EPG on channels 990 and 992 to 996 respectively.

Old 20-06-2017, 08:57   #1610
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
We have been given a new rumour although we're taking it with a tiny pinch of salt but as there was no do not disclose request here it is.
Nat geo looking to merge Nat geo and Nat geo wild into one channel and launching Nat geo family and Nat geo uhd on all pay platforms except talktalk.
Interesting. I had a pet theory that UHD on Virgin Media might be confined to on demand services due to the amount of bandwidth needed.

If this rumour is true, that theory is blown right out of the water!
Old 20-06-2017, 10:44   #1611
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

On all pay platforms do you seriously expect the Murdoch's to launch a UHD channel on BT ?

I'll take that with a very big pinch of salt although do appreciate the rumour.
Old 20-06-2017, 13:54   #1612
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
On all pay platforms do you seriously expect the Murdoch's to launch a UHD channel on BT ?

I'll take that with a very big pinch of salt although do appreciate the rumour.
Who knows mate BT do have a UHD bargaining chip though with bt sports uhd but liker you i've took the info with a large pinch of salt as i was thinking the exact same i can't see murdoch allowing it's rival Nat geo uhd.
Old 20-06-2017, 16:36   #1613
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Who knows mate BT do have a UHD bargaining chip though with bt sports uhd but liker you i've took the info with a large pinch of salt as i was thinking the exact same i can't see murdoch allowing it's rival Nat geo uhd.
No, I think this could be happening. Nothing like a quid pro quo where Sky is concerned.

Anyway, does National Geographic need Sky's permission to do a deal with BT?
Old 20-06-2017, 16:37   #1614
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I don't see Sky or BT giving way anytime soon.
Old 20-06-2017, 16:40   #1615
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I don't see Sky or BT giving way anytime soon.
exactly
Old 20-06-2017, 16:45   #1616
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, I think this could be happening. Nothing like a quid pro quo where Sky is concerned.

Anyway, does National Geographic need Sky's permission to do a deal with BT?
Not sure i think Nat geo is owned by FOX, which is a Murdoch company i think.
Old 20-06-2017, 16:50   #1617
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Not sure i think Nat geo is owned by FOX, which is a Murdoch company i think.
Ah, yes, theone, it is owned by the ol' Murdochs!

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...nal-geographic
Old 20-06-2017, 17:23   #1618
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

sky cinema greats will be rename as sky cinema brits from june 24th to july 9th
Old 20-06-2017, 20:30   #1619
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
sky cinema greats will be rename as sky cinema brits from june 24th to july 9th
Is this uhd material from nat geo and bt sport also sky don't come to fruition virgin will be a 4k box HDR ready with no content
Old 20-06-2017, 23:54   #1620
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Is this uhd material from nat geo and bt sport also sky don't come to fruition virgin will be a 4k box HDR ready with no content
UHD material is currently available on Netflix and Youtube. The amount of UHD content will increase over time.
Closed Thread