Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Azurewave wireless router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Azurewave wireless router

Old 20-03-2009, 16:21   #16
grot
Inactive

grot is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Azurewave wireless router

Hi All
I'm a newby, glad to join you.
Just bought a new AW-NR 580 from maplin, wired up and plugged it into my vista pc, its running through a talktalk modem, and it works a treat, just took my medion laptop down the garden, works great, just got to do the security bit now, any advice would be appreciated as even after background research, not used to the terms [tywanesse, oops, defeats me late at night], does anyone know what WPS [wi-fi protected setup] is? as does not, when enabled seem to protect pc/network, also the WPS button on router seems redundant, the manual says "reserved for advanced functions".
Any help appreciated
grot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2009, 20:24   #17
smee init
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM 20Mb
smee init is on a distinguished roadsmee init is on a distinguished road

Hi this is the link to the user manual and if you look at page 22 of the manual it will tell you all about it:

http://www.azwave.com/Download/manual/NR580_Manual.pdf
smee init is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 10:30   #18
grot
Inactive

Hi---many thanks, yup got manual, but does not tell u what WPS button on the router can do.
Have now got security WPA2-PSK enabled, which I believe is the best for home n/wrk, although I was thrown by pass phrase not accepting a " for some reason, then it required user name & p/word to connect niether router or isp's would it accept so re-booted router and no problem, but I just wondered why.
Just going load the toolbox, which gives bandwidth [QoS] control, and allows easy setup adjustments (I hope). It seems to be A very good router with excelent range, aa-and an excelent price for an N at just under £30. again thanks
Old 22-03-2009, 16:00   #19
smee init
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM 20Mb
smee init is on a distinguished roadsmee init is on a distinguished road

WPS is just a secure way of setting up your wireless network if you are not so good at doing it manually thats all. In other words wireless setup for dummies lol
smee init is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 13:34   #20
grot
Inactive

Hi Smee
Sorry for delay, been playing, well swearing a bit hear and there.
Thanks for reply, sussed most of the network out no problem, but, oh yes, a but, u allways have to have one!
Attempting to get my workshop computer, with XP on[main computer using vista], to link up using an Azurewave AW-NU221 usb adapter, it identifies the network, but wont join it, done all that manual says, no joy so far, after imputting security code of 17 digits, it flips and comes up with about 7 asterix's, as if it wont accept 17 digits.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 20-05-2010, 23:32   #21
andyhitman
Inactive

andyhitman is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ya all well i am new too this web site and as i can see alot of you are having trouble getting the admin passwords for the azurewave routers well i can say that tonight i have found out what the password is and it works after 2 weeks of working it out

so if you wanna know send me an email and i will help you out

andy
andyhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 22:47   #22
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhitman View Post
hi ya all well i am new

tread is year old
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 11:48   #23
simlock
Inactive

simlock is an unknown quantity at this point

hi does anyone have the software driver and utillities for AW-NR 580 setup they could upload there site is rubbish doesnt even have the software for this anymore only new stuff and that doesnt download if you try lol

br
simlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 11:51   #24
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Are you sure that the latest setup-util doesn;t do the older products as well??
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 12:33   #25
simlock
Inactive

well i was thinking that so i tried to download it and it doesnt download just starts the download and hangs nothing else thanks for the reply
Old 25-06-2010, 12:48   #26
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Download starts fine here, try a different browser or if using ie8 the compatibility mode
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 13:07   #27
simlock
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Download starts fine here, try a different browser or if using ie8 the compatibility mode

thanks its appreciated br
Old 28-06-2010, 12:02   #28
simlock
Inactive

hi im still looking for original software for this device AW-NR 580 if anyone can help br