Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does downgrading put you into a new contract?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V6 timer issue.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:36   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
V6 timer issue.

Ages ago when I had a TiVo, I found that it was only recording the first few minutes of a particular series. I called faults and she said something about sending a reset of the timers that the box uses down the cable.

Does such a thing really exist or was it CS nonsense to fob me off? I can't remember if it actually cured the problem or if it just corrected itself over time. The last time I heard of timers was when I had a VCR

I ask as it's recently started happening again with The One Show on my V6, so I'm wondering if it's worth calling them again.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2018, 09:59   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: V6 timer issue.

The majority of PVR'S have a clock running in the background, which is updated at regular intervals. I know for certain the V+ had one, as the system clock kept running even when the cable system went down.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 00:04   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I guess we'll have to assume that the TiVo/V6 has one too then.

All last week The One Show was only recorded for the first three minutes or so, I think i'll try cancelling and resetting the Series Link to see if that resolves things first as I hate having to take pot luck with who I end up talking to.
Old 14-10-2018, 14:03   #4
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Just about everything has a clock inside it.

<cynical> If for nothing else than determining when the warranty period has expired</cynical>
Old 14-10-2018, 15:34   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Haha