Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2008, 19:44   #7621
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

OK I have some info up on nodpi.org now.
I just need to find a decent theme for Wordpress.

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Digg This!

http://digg.com/tech_news/No_DPI_web..._Protest_Event

Alexander Hanff
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2008, 20:10   #7622
CWH
Inactive

CWH is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Well, after my -long - snail-mail with attachments to the ICO at the beginning of April, I have finally had a reply.
In essence:
Your complaint was passed to one of our casework teams, who deemed it important enough for it to be allocated to a case worker. The case worker will, after further investigations, be in contact with you regarding what further steps may be taken in this matter.

Just maybe, all the complaints, with detailed comments and evidence, are having a positive affect, (from our point-of-view).

Colin
Old 30-05-2008, 20:14   #7623
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelv View Post
They objected to the pages being reported as phishing and strongly denied this was the case. However the fact that they've changed them so quickly proves one thing: they know they were in the wrong.
Well, it proves that they don't employ the right people... because if there are people here who could have advised them of this issue then there are people elsewhere who could have done so... they just aren't being employed by BT. Either that, or they have got skilled people they just are not listening to!

Begs the question, what is a PIA for? Or perhaps, should have organised a PIA sooner to work through all this and prevent the mess they are in now!

Hank

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
this morning the BT Webwise contact.php page
http://webwise.bt.com/webwise/contact.php
is redesigned with two submission options
for contacting or complaining!
Both now point with url links to contact forms on bt.custhelp.com locations which is different from yesterday where they were javascript and ended up with ww3.phorm.com via a webwise.bt.com location
It was offering those two choices last night. I looked when I saw you/others saying the page had moved from the Phorm/US hosted box over to the IBM UK box. Hank.

Old 30-05-2008, 20:16   #7624
serial
Inactive

serial is on a distinguished roadserial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
I am contemplating inviting Kent to the protest as a guest speaker, what do you lot think?
Alexander Hanff
Kent does come out with the greatest quotes though, but it's probably a bad idea.

A more controversial guest IMO would be Simon Davies, what do people think?
I'd prefer another representative of PI if any are willing to join us speaking out against Phorm/BT.
Old 30-05-2008, 20:19   #7625
Cogster
Inactive

Cogster is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
Kent does come out with the greatest quotes though, but it's probably a bad idea.

A more controversial guest IMO would be Simon Davies, what do people think?
I'd prefer another representative of PI if any are willing to join us speaking out against Phorm/BT.
Tim Berners-Lee would be good..
Old 30-05-2008, 20:28   #7626
serial
Inactive

Alex, have you asked the ORG?
Old 30-05-2008, 20:32   #7627
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Alex, have you asked the ORG?
I will be talking to Becky from ORG over the weekend.

I have also added a donate button to the nodpi website to try and raise some funds for a PA and generator for the event (plus printing fliers etc.).

Alexander Hanff

PS. Now I am going to eat :p
Old 30-05-2008, 20:34   #7628
Paul Delaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
i think you should invite the BT retail chairman to explain his stance and ask why BT think this spy system is a good idea

peter
That'll be a very short speech!

You'd have got more information out of Marcel Marceau

(if he was still with us that is)

Old 30-05-2008, 20:49   #7629
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSon View Post
Perhaps worth extending an invite to the counterparts at both VM and CPW as well
Invite Richard Branson over. PR opportunity for him to say somethiung along the lines of you're right, we got it wrong, the Virgin brand stands for what people want and we're not going down the same route as our competitors.

They'll have a generator Alexander, a nice big red one with a logo all over it.

Well, one can dream that there is an ISP somewhere out there who is a big player and not up for this activity...

Hank

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWH View Post
Well, after my -long - snail-mail with attachments to the ICO at the beginning of April, I have finally had a reply.
In essence:
Your complaint was passed to one of our casework teams, who deemed it important enough for it to be allocated to a case worker. The case worker will, after further investigations, be in contact with you regarding what further steps may be taken in this matter.

Just maybe, all the complaints, with detailed comments and evidence, are having a positive affect, (from our point-of-view).

Colin
That's what I got too CWH.

Did you get a second piece of paper in the envelope with the timescales you might hope to wait before you get an "outcome" letter sent to you? If I remember correctly it was something like "a very long time"

Hank

Old 30-05-2008, 21:35   #7630
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

We need more Diggs people.

Alexander Hanff
Old 30-05-2008, 21:38   #7631
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadyslexia View Post
No, No, No, No, Don't Do It! Alexander
I was only joking when I said invite him on el reg. I don't think the bad publicity we would get pelting him with eggs would be beneficial.
Old 30-05-2008, 21:41   #7632
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

I was actually joking about inviting Kent. I agree in the unlikely event that he does turn up, it is even more unlikely he would escape without a need to visit the dry cleaners.

Alexander Hanff
Old 30-05-2008, 21:42   #7633
serial
Inactive

Does anyone know exactly where the AGM will be held at the barbican, the place is a bit of a maze with 3 seperate buildings?
Old 30-05-2008, 21:47   #7634
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Does anyone know exactly where the AGM will be held at the barbican, the place is a bit of a maze with 3 seperate buildings?
From the BT site AGM 2008

The 2008 AGM will be held at the Barbican Centre, Silk Street, London EC2Y 8DS on 16 July 2008, at 10.30 am. Doors open at 9.30am to the shareholder helpdesk, for questions and queries, and to the reception area which will include a display of BT’s services.

The Barbican Centre

Hope this helps
Old 30-05-2008, 21:50   #7635
serial
Inactive

So we all just head to the main entrance.

Closed Thread