Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 17-09-2014, 21:22   #2296
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Ignoring the polls and looking at friends and various sources like social media, I would say its more of a 60/40 majority for independence, if not bigger.

When multiple polls match up they are usually fairly accurate though, but get the feeling there is not something right with them at the moment :P
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-09-2014, 21:38   #2297
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Ignoring the polls and looking at friends and various sources like social media, I would say its more of a 60/40 majority for independence
I don't see it. Nothing at all has indicated anything like that.

The way I see it. The don't knows hold the key. If you're a don't know at this point the likelihood is you'll stick with what you know.

I predict something like 55/45 for No.
Old 17-09-2014, 21:40   #2298
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Ignoring the polls and looking at friends and various sources like social media, I would say its more of a 60/40 majority for independence, if not bigger.

When multiple polls match up they are usually fairly accurate though, but get the feeling there is not something right with them at the moment :P
Polls have shown that the youth of Scotland are behind the YES campaign with more middle aged and older Scots siding with the No. That's why there's much more noise on social media and forums in favour of YES than No.

Not too long now until we know for sure what the people of Scotland really think.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 22:31   #2299
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

It will be a YES.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 22:50   #2300
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
It will be a YES.
Hopefully not

What is this savvy nonsense all the yes mob are posting on social media??
Old 17-09-2014, 23:04   #2301
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Polls have shown that the youth of Scotland are behind the YES campaign with more middle aged and older Scots siding with the No. That's why there's much more noise on social media and forums in favour of YES than No.

Not too long now until we know for sure what the people of Scotland really think.
That is probably it...

We will know for sure by 7am Friday morning, if not earlier. Won't be staying up to find out though. I'll wait until the sexy lady on my phone, who reads the news and weather to me in the morning as part of the briefing alarm, informs me.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 23:16   #2302
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Hopefully not

What is this savvy nonsense all the yes mob are posting on social media??
Scotland Against Vilification Vote Yes

The irony
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 23:40   #2303
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I will be heart broken if we lose to the yes vote. I cannot believe how anyone can believe Salmond, and his lies. I will be praying extra hard till the last vote comes in and the United Kingdom wins this debate, It would be a disaster for Scotland.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 00:36   #2304
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

If Scotland vote YES hopefully it will drive the rest of the UK to demand more autonomy, the wastelands will bloom again....
Come on Scotland, the rest of us are depending on your YES vote to rid us of the centralisation that is London.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 01:33   #2305
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
It will be a YES.
It's going to be a massive win for the NO camp, you watch.

Jimmy-J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 08:12   #2306
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

The polls show that a majority of 19-45 year old males will be voting yes - all the other age groups (including female voters) have shown a majority voting No, including 16-18 year olds....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 08:28   #2307
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Reading Murray's tweets, I think he is now on the yes side. In which case might be the only time I agree with and like him. Ironic really, that it takes the Scottish referendum to make me like him a bit.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 08:30   #2308
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

How could the No campaign be positive about not changing? Comparatively speaking it was a positive campaign, by pointing out the negatives of change.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 09:25   #2309
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

The yestapo were out and about last night in some areas.

Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 09:36   #2310
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

It seems to me that most of the bile and vitriol has emanated from the Yes side who've consistently responded to questions they can't/won't answer with accusation of 'bullying' and personal/corporate/nationalist attacks dressed up in one form or another. The SNP is characterised by this sort of behaviour and God knows why anyone buys into it. It's all very well detesting the status quo but the Scots need to be very careful what they wish for now. This isn't the hyped up prelude to an England V. Scotland match, it's going to be a life changing decision if the vote is Yes and although I'm not going to lose any sleep over the outcome I'd feel desperately sorry for those who want to remain in the UK if Salmond's cronies get their way and wind up running the show. IMHO they're a dangerous bunch of chancers who've started to believe they're own highly emotive and selective nationalist rhetoric.

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
The yestapo were out and about last night in some areas.

I'm sure Scotland will be a much happier place with people like that intimidating those who don't share their views.

It's just the sort of thing Salmond would try to accuse the 'English' of doing to his proud Scottish nation...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote