Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What have you just bought?

Old 27-10-2023, 17:40   #6301
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Yeah they sent a 4070 so I kicked up a stink on Facebook so they sorted me a pick up for Monday and have refunded me already hahah
I was hoping they would upgrade for free lol.

Have they corrected the webpage?
Old 27-10-2023, 17:45   #6302
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I was hoping they would upgrade for free lol.

Have they corrected the webpage?
No they sold out so 26 unhappy customers
Old 30-10-2023, 09:55   #6303
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

A HP M479FDW printer, with £100 cashback comes to £299 inc VAT. What is annoying is that the DW variant (no fax) was the same price but is now more expensive. Delivered tomorrow and the claims for 3 year support and the cash back will go in PDQ. It is Linux compatible (essential) and does copy/scanning which is something my wife wanted. The fax line won't get used unless really needed.

My current OKI is producing nice magenta pages and the fuser unit shows 1% though it has not done anywhere near the suggested level.
Old 31-10-2023, 11:50   #6304
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

iPhone 15 Pro.

Love it.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 13:42   #6305
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

34 inch Alienware Ultrawide OLED Monitor on a stupid offer about £665 direct from Dell. 12 months credit but it has 3 years warranty that extends to burn in
Old 02-11-2023, 11:43   #6306
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Top of the range 55in QLED TV, did my research and decided I didn't want an OLED due to the hassles with screen burn, banding and 30 FPS content being far worse than on a QLED as I suffer from motion sickness in gaming as well as I never use the TV in a dark room which OLEDs are better suited to.
John Lewis are refunding me £200 from the TV(price promise) because it dropped in price for Black Friday, very happy although I did miss out on a free soundbar but I do get a £100 voucher I can likely off load to parents.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:49   #6307
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
John Lewis are refunding me £200 from the TV(price promise) because it dropped in price for Black Friday, very happy although I did miss out on a free soundbar but I do get a £100 voucher I can likely off load to parents.
nice
Old 02-11-2023, 11:53   #6308
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Box of Cadburys chocolate fingers.

Been really strict (by “really” I mean “occasionally”) with my diet and miraculously I’ve dropped my body fat % lower than expected.

So I’ve treated myself

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 14:48   #6309
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Box of Cadburys chocolate fingers.

Been really strict (by “really” I mean “occasionally”) with my diet and miraculously I’ve dropped my body fat % lower than expected.

So I’ve treated myself
I hope it's worth that amount of effort. And I'm not talking about the chocky fingers either. I don't think I'd ever understand that kind of level of control/punishment/logic etc for whatever reason.
Old 02-11-2023, 14:58   #6310
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I hope it's worth that amount of effort. And I'm not talking about the chocky fingers either. I don't think I'd ever understand that kind of level of control/punishment/logic etc for whatever reason.
Easy, I’m 50 next year and want to stay in better shape than anyone else I know of around my age.

Plus it helps stave off the inevitably of the return of the emotional “dark clouds” I was experiencing that started me off going to the gym 7 years ago.

Oh and I have a massive ego.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 15:02   #6311
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

The last part of the first sentence was more than enough.

Healthy body for sure, mind... that's your battle. As long as you're happy that's the main thing.
Old 06-11-2023, 16:15   #6312
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Samsung Q700C soundbar to go with my 55QN95C, hopefully it'll be OK as it's over 50% cheaper than other places.
Old 06-11-2023, 19:31   #6313
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

AAA rechargeable batteries.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 22:21   #6314
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Samsung Q700C soundbar to go with my 55QN95C, hopefully it'll be OK as it's over 50% cheaper than other places.
And an open shelf TV stand to fit all this gear.

Ok I'm done spending now.
Old 07-11-2023, 07:01   #6315
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
And an open shelf TV stand to fit all this gear.

Ok I'm done spending now.
That is a really nice TV and soundbar. I don't have any idea what soundbars are like as I use an AV with 5.1 speakers. But the reviews look excellent. Looks nothing like those cheap ones you can get too.

My TV is just a cheap 4k 42" LG one (£400), does what I need and is it great for TV out from PC and hooked up to the AV etc. But I can't fault it at all. But yours at that price it must be unreal compared to something like mine.