Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do you use a cashback site?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Do you use a cashback site?
View Poll Results: Do you use a Cash Back Site?
TopCashback 9 32.14%
Quido 3 10.71%
Other 3 10.71%
No i don't currently use one 13 46.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2019, 19:36   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Do you use a cashback site?

A cash back site pays you easy money if you click through to the website you wish to purchase something from.

Who uses a Cash back site?
Old 04-02-2019, 19:38   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Do you use a cashback site?

Yep, Top Cashback. Over £2000 since 2006.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 19:40   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well done, i also use Topcashback but only made a few 100 so far, i need to remember to buy insurance through it and mobile phone contracts!
Old 11-02-2019, 18:21   #4
FreeMind5
Inactive

FreeMind5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm scared to imagine how much money you need to spend to get a tangible cashback
FreeMind5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 19:09   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yes, we get one through my work place.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 19:20   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
We have never used one.
Old 11-02-2019, 20:56   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We have never used one.
If you order stuff on the internet you should give it ago, it is just a case of clicking through to a site which could save you a few % or £50 if you're buying insurance, it is so easy, just make sure an adblock isn't on when you do it.

I just claimed £3.68 from a few small purchases several weeks ago and they will put it in my bank.
Old 11-02-2019, 21:27   #8
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

I only use Quidco. Used topcashback once but they helped themselves to a £5 fee by automatically opting me into some premium account - I have never used them since.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 21:45   #9
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We have never used one.
Throwing money away Den if you buy stuff off the net. Why let others have the click through commission? Get it yourself.
Old 11-02-2019, 21:51   #10
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Throwing money away Den if you buy stuff off the net. Why let others have the click through commission? Get it yourself.
We will look into it a bit more but remember sometimes you always find there is a catch somewhere.
Old 11-02-2019, 21:53   #11
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMind5 View Post
I'm scared to imagine how much money you need to spend to get a tangible cashback
Well you don't buy extra because of cashback, it's just a bonus on stuff you were buying anyway.

Have to admit it's not as generous as it used to be. My best was £130 cashback on a car insurance policy, halved the premium. Switched away from them a year later too .

VM are offering £190 cashback for a new account.
https://www.topcashback.co.uk/virgin-media/
It isn't always just pennies.
Old 17-02-2019, 13:59   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Just done my Car Insurance clicking through via Topcashback to RAC.

So that is an instant £25 added to my Cashback pot, i was expecting £65 though but i read it wrong, they pay £25 on a New policy and then £40 on the renewal, so i am a bit annoyed with that.

But at the end of the day £25 is free money so can't complain.

For anyone on the fence and not yet using a Cashback site this is what it looks like on Topcashback when it tracks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg {B0A7A56F-4828-4131-BA49-F1159A345B94}.png.jpg (37.1 KB, 93 views)
Old 17-02-2019, 15:05   #13
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Yes, we get one through my work place.
Ditto.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2019, 16:18   #14
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I use money off phone apps through organisations I do business with and my husband uses his ex forces card and phone apps that are supported by our local pubs.
Old 17-02-2019, 16:54   #15
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMind5 View Post
Nothing to be scared about, its free money and nothing needs to be done other than click once on the cashback site you registered on to go to where you want to buy something from.

Free money is free money whether its £1 or £10+.

There are no catches at all.