Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2004, 18:58   #1216
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Just been upgraded this afternoon. 1.5meg I'm a happy bunny.

Advertisement
Old 24-08-2004, 23:45   #1217
Kneebs
Inactive

Kneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Kneebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessimat0r
but I'm still getting packet loss when using P2P apps. Hopefully it will all be fixed after the re-pull
Are you using a samsung STB by any chance ? If so, I doubt a re-pull will solve your packet loss problem
Old 25-08-2004, 00:32   #1218
Dessimat0r
Inactive

Dessimat0r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneebs
Are you using a samsung STB by any chance ? If so, I doubt a re-pull will solve your packet loss problem
Well, i am getting a far too low signal level, and Bill C said that it was because the cable was too thin.. I think he knows his stuff
Old 25-08-2004, 10:06   #1219
Kneebs
Inactive

Kneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessimat0r
Well, i am getting a far too low signal level, and Bill C said that it was because the cable was too thin.. I think he knows his stuff
I'm not doubting that fact - the repull will likely solve your low signal level. I just dont think it'll solve your packet loss issue.
Old 25-08-2004, 10:09   #1220
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge
Just been upgraded this afternoon. 1.5meg I'm a happy bunny.
Congrats m8
Are you on a stb or modem?
Old 25-08-2004, 10:10   #1221
MatTman
Inactive

MatTman is an unknown quantity at this point

the packet loss is most likely in the UBR, somewhere along the way your data is passing through some Dodgy cabling and thats why your losing packets, its definatly not the samsung box.
Old 25-08-2004, 10:15   #1222
Kneebs
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatTman
the packet loss is most likely in the UBR, somewhere along the way your data is passing through some Dodgy cabling and thats why your losing packets, its definatly not the samsung box.
Well, NTL are investigating the problem of packet loss through samsung STBs, so you make your own mind up
Old 25-08-2004, 10:26   #1223
MatTman
Inactive

MatTman is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a few problems wih my STB the other day wih Dropping connection, but all is fine now (touch wood) But never since the install have i had even 1% packet loss, I really Doubt the Samsung box's are the problem unless the Configurations are different in your area, Mine runs great.

Does your area have Weak Signal strength? (that could be a possible cause)
Old 25-08-2004, 16:25   #1224
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Congrats m8
Are you on a stb or modem?
Modem mate

Old 25-08-2004, 16:37   #1225
Psychotext
Inactive

Psychotext is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm starting to feel like the only 1mb SACM customer that hasn't been upgraded yet.
Old 25-08-2004, 16:42   #1226
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Well, NTL are investigating the problem of packet loss through samsung STBs, so you make your own mind up
they are...? may i ask where you got your information from?
Old 25-08-2004, 16:47   #1227
Bill C

Quote:
To make a point here.

I was there you were not.
His cable is old very old.
his house is further away from the cab than it should be for that type of cable.

And where in NTL technical services do you work.

I have a samsung settop. I use p2p including the software that this customer is using. I do not get packet loss and i get very good speeds thank you very much NTL .

Old 25-08-2004, 16:47   #1228
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge
Modem mate
Thats why you have your speed upgrade.....
Old 25-08-2004, 16:49   #1229
Bill C

Quote:
Bull bull and more bull.

Old 25-08-2004, 18:35   #1230
Bill C

Quote:
To also make a point here....

Now, normally I wouldn't quote stuff from PM or personal email, but I will when I'm being called a liar...

I did not call you a liar show me where i called you a liar. As for packet loss i was told today that there was no problems with the samsung and packet loss. This was from a member of staff involved in the testing of the samsung. I asked after there was user's complaining of packet loss on here.I have been miss informed if that is what bbking as told you. I have carried out testing myself here in warrington and i do not get packet loss must admit that my settop is one of the first. I will ask further questions when i get in the office.

Closed Thread