Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 14:42   #316
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I'm not a lawyer and even if I was I wouldn't know the inner workings of FISA courts but according the the CBS link above it doesn't allege a federal crime. Maybe it's not illegal to omit things in warrant applications just bad behaviour?

All this is also if we're taking the Republicans at their word that the memo doesn't exclude anything. If, for example, the warrant contained other information then the circumstances might change.
As it is now common knowledge that the FISA application was based on the Steele dossier then we are talking about mass bad behaviour or an orchestrated campaign.

Once the FBI had conducted all it's checks and balances the application is then passed to the DOJ.

Quote:
The FISA application then travels to the Justice Department where attorneys from the National Security Division comb through the application to verify all the assertions made in it. Known as “Woods procedures” after Michael J. Woods, the FBI Special Agent attorney who developed this layer of approval, DOJ verifies the accuracy of every fact stated in the application. If anything looks unsubstantiated, the application is sent back to the FBI to provide additional evidentiary support – this game of bureaucratic chutes and ladders continues until DOJ is satisfied that the facts in the FISA application can both be corroborated and meet the legal standards for the court. After getting sign-off from a senior DOJ official (finally!), a lawyer from DOJ takes the FISA application before the FISC, comprised of eleven federal district judges who sit on the court on a rotating basis. The FISC reviews the application in secret, and decides whether to approve the warrant.
The Steele dossier is unverified and uncorroborated and formed the basis for the FISA application.

Link

Last edited by pip08456; 03-02-2018 at 14:56.
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2018, 14:48   #317
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Great info Pip.

You have to remember, James Comey testified under Oath, in June 2017, that the information in the dossier was 'Salacious and unverified', yet when he was the Director, he signed off those FISA Applications, or at least a number of them, as per the information released in the Memo, yesterday. That puts James Comey in serious legal peril and that is just this, he also leaked Classified Memo's to his Professor friend who then leaked it to the New York Times.
Old 03-02-2018, 14:57   #318
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Great info Pip.

You have to remember, James Comey testified under Oath, in June 2017, that the information in the dossier was 'Salacious and unverified', yet when he was the Director, he signed off those FISA Applications, or at least a number of them, as per the information released in the Memo, yesterday. That puts James Comey in serious legal peril and that is just this, he also leaked Classified Memo's to his Professor friend who then leaked it to the New York Times.
I still don't like Trump.
Old 03-02-2018, 15:17   #319
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I still don't like Trump.
This whole coup thing is not about the personality or the individual but the office of Presidency.

There appears to have been some effort to undermine it to some tune, whether people like or dislike the person or what they stand for, they were duly elected to that office and because of strong political bias in a top law enforcement agency, that is a serious threat to democracy.
Old 03-02-2018, 15:53   #320
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
This whole coup thing is not about the personality or the individual but the office of Presidency.

There appears to have been some effort to undermine it to some tune, whether people like or dislike the person or what they stand for, they were duly elected to that office and because of strong political bias in a top law enforcement agency, that is a serious threat to democracy.
Can't disagree with that.
Old 03-02-2018, 19:54   #321
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Whilst we are on the subject of self-serving statements with little basis in reality, I found this amusing - Trump at the Republican away day, repeating what he says Orrin Hatch said to him.

https://metro.co.uk/video/trump-clai.../?ito=vjs-link

Quote:
Where's Orrin? Orrin?

Orrin is, I love listening to him speak.

He said once I am the single greatest president in his lifetime, now he’s a young man, so it’s not that much.

He actually once said I’m the greatest president in the history of our country.

I said, does that include Lincoln and Washington? He said yes.”

I said, I love this guy; I love him.
Unfortunately...
Quote:
A spokesman for Hatch, Matt Whitlock, later told TheWrap: “Senator Hatch has said that he would like to work with the President to make this the greatest presidency in history for the American people.”

We asked: So he did not call him the greatest, as of now?

“No he did not,” Hatch’s spokesman said.
https://www.thewrap.com/trump-says-o...s-orrin-hatch/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 03-02-2018, 20:31   #322
Mick
Cable Forum Team

And still after all that irrelevant bullshit, Hillary still lied under Oath... where is her indictment dear Hugh?
Old 03-02-2018, 20:36   #323
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
And still after all that irrelevant bullshit, Hillary still lied under Oath... where is her indictment dear Hugh?
Don't think Hugh is in charge of indictments in the US. However the Trumpster promised to put her behind bars, another failure...
( Trump has lied about his wig, but I forgive him )
Old 03-02-2018, 20:41   #324
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Trump has covered all his tracks. And if people, when watching Trump speak all his crap. He speaks ONLY about himself. What has achieved.

What a load of tosh. His people are suffering and so is the World is listening.

I am certain that when Trump does come to London. There will be a 1 mile road closure around where he will be going.

It was said that Trump does not fear protestors. In that case, he shouldn't come to London then
Old 03-02-2018, 21:13   #325
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Trump has covered all his tracks. And if people, when watching Trump speak all his crap. He speaks ONLY about himself. What has achieved.

What a load of tosh. His people are suffering and so is the World is listening.
People are suffering, in what way?

Employment and the economy is booming, and millions of workers are getting thousand dollar bonuses due to the recent tax cut law changes, how are people suffering, please explain that one for me because I’m struggling....?

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't think Hugh is in charge of indictments in the US. However the Trumpster promised to put her behind bars, another failure...
( Trump has lied about his wig, but I forgive him )
But since Hugh keeps bringing up Trumps apparent lying all the time, let’s just remember Hillary is a serial liar, and had she, heaven forbid, won the presidency, we'd be none the wiser of these huge FBI scandals and FISA abuses under the Obama Administration.

But just to correct you again...Trump made no such promise, he said he would look in to getting a special prosecutor to look in to her situation. He initially decided against doing that, as that would have aggravated the ‘I’m with her base’.

It could still happen, there are Investigations being done. The Inspector General is looking at all this, given the shoddy FBI investigation by a rogue agent, it may spark a second special prosecutor in the near future.
Old 03-02-2018, 22:14   #326
Mr Banana

Quote:
People are suffering, in what way?

Employment and the economy is booming, and millions of workers are getting thousand dollar bonuses due to the recent tax cut law changes, how are people suffering, please explain that one for me because I’m struggling....?

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

But since Hugh keeps bringing up Trumps apparent lying all the time, let’s just remember Hillary is a serial liar, and had she, heaven forbid, won the presidency, we'd be none the wiser of these huge FBI scandals and FISA abuses under the Obama Administration.

But just to correct you again...Trump made no such promise, he said he would look in to getting a special prosecutor to look in to her situation. He initially decided against doing that, as that would have aggravated the ‘I’m with her base’.

It could still happen, there are Investigations being done. The Inspector General is looking at all this, given the shoddy FBI investigation by a rogue agent, it may spark a second special prosecutor in the near future.
Well if you have Fox news tattooed on your arse cheek you will probably believe everything Trump says, however there is an increase in unemployment in certain sectors but probably the areas that Trump is not interested in.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Old 03-02-2018, 23:03   #327
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

How many full Trump speeches have you watched Arthur? I mean the full ones, not the BBC, potentially selectively edited ones.
Old 03-02-2018, 23:58   #328
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
Well if you have Fox news tattooed on your arse cheek you will probably believe everything Trump says, however there is an increase in unemployment in certain sectors but probably the areas that Trump is not interested in.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
I don’t watch Fox News, you are another one who posts stuff because your hatred seriously clouds your judgement.

Go read here: http://uk.businessinsider.com/ap-us-...8-years-2018-2
Old 04-02-2018, 00:32   #329
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I don’t watch Fox News, you are another one who posts stuff because your hatred seriously clouds your judgement.

Go read here: http://uk.businessinsider.com/ap-us-...8-years-2018-2
It's hard to argue that the economy isn't doing well, though how much of that is due to Obama's legacy and how much is due to Trump is a moot point. Certainly, the bonuses appear to be linked to Trump's tax cuts though there is an argument as to how sustainable those cuts are in the long term.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:11   #330
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I had to laugh at this recent video and it just highlights the Trump syndrome/hysteria effect that people have.

Students Hate Trump's SOTU Quotes...Until Finding Out They're Actually Obama's

Closed Thread