Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 30-08-2016, 22:09   #391
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Anybody know if it plans to have the ability to watch your recordings through the app?

IMO VM missed a trick not getting Slingbox on board to provide Slingbox functionality to its boxes, that feature alone would have been a major win for VM and a major blow to Sky.
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-08-2016, 22:29   #392
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thanks for getting back to me.

If it is indeed correct that the new box will have 6 tuners, it looks like VM may have waited to see what the new Sky box was like before trying to trump it.
I don't think it will trump Q. The mini boxes don't need their own feed. They all connect by WiFi to the main box where the recordings are stored. You can also stream to two tablet in the house at the same time. Plus if you have sky BB then all boxes act as WiFi extenders.

You can transfer recordings to tablets as well.
Old 30-08-2016, 22:56   #393
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't think it will trump Q. .

You may be right, you may be wrong. But how can you even make a prediction with so few details released?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 02:21   #394
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You may be right, you may be wrong. But how can you even make a prediction with so few details released?
Easily. Because this is VM we are talking about.
Old 31-08-2016, 15:10   #395
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Pics from a poster on AVForums post numbers 151 & 152

https://www.avforums.com/threads/vir...#post-24049802
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1472581646343.jpg (41.6 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 1472581660337.jpg (75.6 KB, 82 views)
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 15:15   #396
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Looks alright to be but alas the grumpers of this lovely forum might not feel the same way.
Old 31-08-2016, 15:23   #397
veeemmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Looks alright to be but alas the grumpers of this lovely forum might not feel the same way.
That'll be me then I still have a Realistic power amp kit from Tandys in the 1980's, that looks just like that.

What are the chances there won't be an adapter for that "Scart out" socket or that it will be disabled anyway??
Old 31-08-2016, 15:27   #398
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Looks really cheap
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 15:29   #399
veeemmm

erm, forgive me if I haven't taken my meds but isn't that a tv aerial coax input socket???
Old 31-08-2016, 15:39   #400
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough

Weird, yes, doesn't seem to have a cable connector and has a very odd set of outputs. Haven't seen a DIN socket like that in a long while. Looks like it is some hobbiest project rather than a polished consumer STB.
Jong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 15:41   #401
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Looks really cheap
Well MM you do seem to have a penchant for the posh gear.
Old 31-08-2016, 15:54   #402
veeemmm

I don't know why I feel so sorry for Virgin, I always resented the way they killed off Tivo series 1 but it is still sad that in a months time I'll be without a Tivo for the first time in over 15 years. We all tried to point them in the right direction but enough is enough for me, I'm out.
Old 31-08-2016, 16:13   #403
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough

Yep, after 28 years of cable TV I'm having Sky Q installed next week. Just broadband from Virgin then. TiVo was head and shoulders above the competition when Virgin introduced it but the promise was squandered and they have sat on their hands for years.
Old 31-08-2016, 16:24   #404
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
What are the chances there won't be an adapter for that "Scart out" socket or that it will be disabled anyway??
Is the DIN socket meant to plug into a lead with a SCART socket on the other end? If this is to be LGI's standard box then I would imagine that getting hold of cables would not be a problem and someone on Amazon would supply them even if VM didn't.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 16:40   #405
Jong1
Inactive

Only works if the port is enabled. Virgin (and tbh probably others) have a track record of shipping boxes with disabled ports.

Frankly I'd be surprised if a new UHD capable box had components to drive an old fashioned scart socket (Sky Q doesn't) and, if it did, it's probably a sign it's designed by a team with more of a foot in the past than a view of the future!

Last edited by Jong1; 31-08-2016 at 16:49.