Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 07-12-2016, 15:08   #2041
Pster72
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Tivo VIP Package (Including Sky sports and Movies)
Pster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

So has anybody had a free v6 box if so how did you get the offer is it through being a long time customer or just randomly picked
Pster72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2016, 15:09   #2042
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Can I be rude and ask what you pay for VIP?

I was paying £144 which was one TiVo and one V+. The new VIP includes two TiVo's for £120 which I upgraded to but looks like they applied a discount without asking (£101, rang retentions) but with the new VIP having two TiVo's there isn't a charge or more so the charges are included in the VIP price. So is it right your price went up £10?
I was paying £107 month for VIP package with a loyalty discount. I have 1TB Tivo, 1 V+HD and 2 x VHD boxes.

After the price rise it went to £110...then I added Caller ID which took it to £112.

After placing my order for 2 x V6s, which will replace the 2 x VHDs, the price will go to £122. A difference of £10 because of the monthly fee between VHD and Tivo is £5 a month - x 2 = £10. Which I have the confirmation email as well.

Hope this helps?

V.I.P Bundle
New monthly package total* £122.28

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 07-12-2016 at 15:19.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 15:15   #2043
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

So.... called yesterday morning and ordered a new V6. It's being installed tomorrow (woo hoo), which is great. I then got my confirmation email through which showed my package increasing by £15 per month. Even though the CS guy assured me there would be no change to my monthly charge and no re-contract. I called them back. They told me to "ignore" the email with the updated costs but told me to keep an eye on my monthly bill "just in case" and to "call them back" if my monthly charge does indeed increase. This is because they couldn't see on my account that increased monthly fee.... most odd...

Then Just now I received the below email from them.... interesting, as I haven't been "chosen" at all. I was the one who called up and ordered the box....

Hello,
Congratulations! You’ve been specially chosen to receive our new Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo® – it’s our smallest, smartest, fastest box yet.
These clever little boxes aren’t available to everyone yet – so you’ll be one of the first to get your hands on one – lucky old you!
Want to know what your new box can do?
Your new Virgin TV V6 box is also powered by TiVo, so it can do everything our existing TiVo box can do, plus even more.

It’s our smallest, fastest, smartest box yet

It makes it easier to find the telly you love, by searching shows wherever they’re hiding on Virgin TV (including Netflix)

It lets you watch Netflix or YouTube in mesmerizing 4K Ultra HD*

It allows you to pause, rewind and record up to 500 hours of the TV you love
What else do I need to know?
Since your box is so new, it won’t look like the box you’ll see on our website or in our emails which introduce you to our telly service, and it may look slightly different to your friends’ and families’ boxes.
One more thing – if you need any help with your box or TV service, you can always have a peep online at virginmedia.com/mynewbox, grab your Virgin TV remote and select home > help or give our team a call. When you talk to our team, let them know you’ve got a brand spanking new Virgin TV box, powered by TiVo – so they can help you best.
What happens next?
We’ll pop round to install your new box on the day and time we agreed. For now, it’s time to get the popcorn in! TV is about to get awesome.
Kind Regards
The Virgin Media team
*4K TV and Netflix Premium subscription required
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 15:15   #2044
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

i called up before and again got told id need to pay 15 quid for a new super hub 3. i said i was moving to 200mbps for free and super hub 1 wouldnt do it.

they kept saying for new equipment is 14.99.

jesus!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 15:21   #2045
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

An order that needs new kit does come with a £14.99 order activation fee but this is only charged once for everything that's changing.

So if you're getting both a V6 and 200Mb with a new Hub 3.0 in the same order you would be charged one £14.99 order activation that covers them both.

If you ordered them separately you would be charged one £14.99 for the V6 order and then another £14.99 for the Hub 3.0 order.

The exception to this is if you're getting 200Mb as part of the inclusive speed upgrades. In that case if the order is separate then you'd be charged £5.99 for delivery.

If that speed upgrade change is included as part of the V6 order then that still attracts £14.99 order activation.
Old 07-12-2016, 15:29   #2046
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Just ordered; install on the 19th December. It's a straight swap for my Tivo. I had to move to the new equivalent of M+, but by tweaking my services a bit, saved £4.50 on what I was previously paying. Still getting 100 meg BB and unlimited phone.

They will replace my 1st gen Soperhub, which is in the bedroom, but not move it, as I have Ethernet going to the lounge, which worked perfectly with MRS when I had two Tivos.
So aren't they making the V6 available for M/Player pack customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackemsrule View Post
Phoned them back up today and spoke to someone else, she said the price was correct. I mentioned that others had only paid £64 after having manned install credit applied but she said I'd already got £50 credit for the box being on XL tv to take it from £99 to £49 and it was £40 install and £14.99 activation she went off to check and came back and said that was the correct price
This doesn't sound right to me.

They let XL TV customers have a discount, then claw most of it back because you are having a manned install that they are insisting upon?????

Quote:
Many years ago, I was speaking to retentions about an issue and because I was a long term customer, they told me to always go through Retentions for anything.

I decided to renew my line rental saver and, at the same time, ask about the V6. I had to change to the new M+ equivalent package, but also dropped the 'Talk 08 2' freebie that VM gave me several years ago, which, apparently, I hardly used. That, plus my loyalty discount, made it slightly cheaper.

Also, because I've been with cable for nearly 20 years, and got the current Tivo as soon as it was launched, I got the V6 for £49.99.

It's good to know that VM appreciates long term loyalty. BTW, I always ask (politely) and never demand.
There's been reports of CS telling people not to bother with retentions as they won't be able to offer anything better
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 15:40   #2047
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Correct. You need to be on Mix or above and at least 100Mb broadband to order the V6.

Quote:

They let XL TV customers have a discount, then claw most of it back because you are having a manned install that they are insisting upon?????
It's not right. I've said several times now that whilst Quickstart isn't available then manned installs cost the lower price.

Only once QS is available would be the £40 manned charge become applicable (and then only if QS is specifically turned down, rather than being not available due to the work for services change required e.g. extra coax points)
Old 07-12-2016, 15:49   #2048
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

There's been reports of CS telling people not to bother with retentions as they won't be able to offer anything better

I was currently on M+; they changed me to the equivalent new package; there was a slightly different channel line up, but that didn't adversely affect me (can't remember the package name offhand).

As per my previous post, I always go via Retentions now. I tell them upfront that I'm not planning to leave; I just ask them what they can offer me. I hardly ever ring them; just in cases like this or when a loyalty discount is about to expire.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 15:54   #2049
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I was currently on M+; they changed me to the equivalent new package; there was a slightly different channel line up, but that didn't adversely affect me (can't remember the package name offhand).

As per my previous post, I always go via Retentions now. I tell them upfront that I'm not planning to leave; I just ask them what they can offer me. I hardly ever ring them; just in cases like this or when a loyalty discount is about to expire.
Same here PB, I only contact VM to change/upgrade my package or when discounts are expiring. They are really good and always help me save money somewhere.

Before they moved me back to the new VIP Pack from Big Kahuna Equivalent I was paying £140, they managed to get it down to £107.

I started off on the old VIP, moved to Big Kahuna VIP and now back to new VIP. Each move they have been able to lower my monthly bill whilst keeping the same package. Only through price rises or adding additional services has the price gone up which it would do anyway.

I cannot fault them in this respect
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:05   #2050
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

anybody else received a funny email from virgin media?

"its your lucky day"

Hello.....

Contratulations! you've been specifically chosen to receive our new virgin tv v6 box, powered by TiVo.

Specifically chosen??

I had to phone up and order it!
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:05   #2051
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
An order that needs new kit does come with a £14.99 order activation fee but this is only charged once for everything that's changing.

So if you're getting both a V6 and 200Mb with a new Hub 3.0 in the same order you would be charged one £14.99 order activation that covers them both.

If you ordered them separately you would be charged one £14.99 for the V6 order and then another £14.99 for the Hub 3.0 order.

The exception to this is if you're getting 200Mb as part of the inclusive speed upgrades. In that case if the order is separate then you'd be charged £5.99 for delivery.

If that speed upgrade change is included as part of the V6 order then that still attracts £14.99 order activation.
im quite happy with the 14.99 to me thats fine. the 50 quid installation ill try to fight it but yeah thats ok.

its just i have to pay more because im not on 200mbps because its not available in my area yet? so im technically on max broadband but as im not on 200 they wanted me to pay more money? it was just weird.

i kept saying "well ill have vivid 200 then" and they were saying "not available in your area" so i kept saying why are you charging me more money as a result of not being on max broadband when youve confirmed its not available and im on maximum speed in my area

he then kept confirming the price over and over again
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:05   #2052
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i called up before and again got told id need to pay 15 quid for a new super hub 3. i said i was moving to 200mbps for free and super hub 1 wouldnt do it.

they kept saying for new equipment is 14.99.

jesus!
There seems like there is no consistency or any clear plan here Vince for you and others as it seems one can phone up and talk to several different people and get different price quotes with each person you talk to.

And then there is the registered if you are interested as one thought these would be the first to be offered a chance to upgrade to the V6 and that again seems to a be a load of bunkum as well with other customers being offered it before those who registered a interest all those months ago.
Old 07-12-2016, 16:12   #2053
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
im quite happy with the 14.99 to me thats fine. the 50 quid installation ill try to fight it but yeah thats ok.

its just i have to pay more because im not on 200mbps because its not available in my area yet? so im technically on max broadband but as im not on 200 they wanted me to pay more money? it was just weird.

i kept saying "well ill have vivid 200 then" and they were saying "not available in your area" so i kept saying why are you charging me more money as a result of not being on max broadband when youve confirmed its not available and im on maximum speed in my area

he then kept confirming the price over and over again
It is in your area, its available everywhere, they cant move you to 200 as you have a discount code on your account

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
anybody else received a funny email from virgin media?

"its your lucky day"

Hello.....

Contratulations! you've been specifically chosen to receive our new virgin tv v6 box, powered by TiVo.

Specifically chosen??

I had to phone up and order it!
Considering the v6 has no modem, so no upstream power level, you may not need your HDU
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:13   #2054
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Interesting that the new V6 has eight tuners with two kept for future use.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:14   #2055
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That's your mobile device. It just gets a random name assigned.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

If it really has a dodgy tuner, he should have swapped the box. But I suspect really you have a signal fault that he couldn't resolve. I suggest you report it again.
Why would a technician tell a customer there is a dodgy tuner but not do anything about it?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote